Star Trek

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Re: Star Trek

Post by kaos » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:04 pm

Go cats in the cradle style.

Bats is setting a bad example, and he can't see this untill he sees robin actinging the same way.

"you know know I'm gonn be like you, dad. You know I'm gonna be like you..."

man what an awesome song.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:22 pm

Yeah, the Robin angle as been a bone of contention for me too.

I have mixed feelings about it, I mean I think they could do it, it'd be fucking tough though. Taking a 14year old kid out into streets to fight crime hand to hand just seems border line insanity.

Then again, Fox says in the Dark Knight;

'Let me get this straight: You think that your client, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men in the world, is secretly a vigilante who spends his nights beating criminals to a pulp with his bare hands. And your plan is to blackmail this person? Good luck.'

I mean I understand why they are avoiding the Robin issue, their reasoning IS sound, Batman is the what the movie is about, it's Wayne's story, Robin distracts you from that.

However, it could be like Todd and the mute kid in Soldier(the movie), which would work for me.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:26 pm

fair enough.
but I think any Batman story done exclusively as a Wayne story is short lived.
but maybe all they wanted was a short series to begin with.

the other day I was thinking, that the movies can still do a legitimate joker sans Ledger.

seriously...the dude was covered in makeup. makeup that was more iconic than his face.

They could paint up somebody like Jude Law to look like a carbon copy with very little effort.
but I'd rather a new character all together. the rouges gallery is so vast and too good to waste it by getting hung up on the joker.

After Jim Carry and Arnold, The Riddler and Mr.Freeze need some fucking screen redemption.
lets just avoid Catwomans entire existence.

The penguin seems so right for this run, is the can do it without it feeling like a Harvey Dent Recap.

The killer Croc is fucking ripe for an awesome secondary villain role. it would be so fucking awesome to see a villain legitimately beat the motherfucking daylights out of Batman for once.
Half suit Half CG please.

I vote for Riddler, Croc duo film.

Skip the riddlers origin story all together, cuzz honestly it doesnt matter much...unless you want a creepy child abuse scene.

besides, they completely skipped the Joker origin and it went well.

Anyway just go right into his OCD. have batman figure out he actually has OCD in the first place, and them have him fuck his head up by breaking the pattern.
Meanwhile...Croc is...well shit, he's practically king Kong in NYC. that's enough.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:39 pm

I get you, I mean shit they replaced Rachel's actress.

But people got this iconic image of the Ledger Joker now, it's gonna be a while be before they can get off that train. People said Heath couldn't top Jack's Joker and for some he didn't but for most reasonable people he made it his own. I think to be fair to the lad, until we get a remake/total recast as we are lead to believe this is the last movie, I say let it be.

Rumor has it Riddler is in for one of the villains, Killer croc has been touted by the fans as a contender, I like it from what I've read of him but I don't think it's a big enough draw, the general movie going public has no fucking clue who he is. But then Scarecrow and Ras where fairly low down on the pecking order too so maybe I'm talking out my ass.

In May 2010, director Christopher Nolan stated that the Joker will not return in this film. He previously stated that Mr. Freeze and the Penguin would not be in the film either