Games you played Recently....

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Re: Games you played Recently....

Post by kaos » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:14 am

STREET FIGHTER 4

damn this is a great game.
it really takes you back to what gaming is supposed to be about.

I look around the game industry landscape and I see all these projects that try to be much more than what they are.
and I'm guilty of it working on those kinds of projects myself.

but at the end of the day its just supposed to be a really fun distraction. if it cant do that, then it fails at being a real game, if it fails to be a real game, then its just gonna get old eventually.
a game should be something could keep you entertained forever...

Street fighter 4 is it.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Tue May 12, 2009 9:20 am

Played Dawn of war 2 single player is good not a fan of the new multiplayer set-up at all. Still playing EvE and CS:S alot.

Just added a load of psp and ds games to my account.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:28 pm

Part way through Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. It may be 17 years old but it's an awesome game. The script is excellent and the voice acting (added to a CD version after the original release) is fantastic. It's not Harrison Ford but it might as well be. Sounds just like him. What's interesting is that the dialogue isn't always exactly the same. Save then go back and you'll often find that they say rather different things. This actually caught me out because one part of the game involves you having to remember exactly what someone said but I'd already been through that part so many times, I couldn't actually remember which of the things he'd said the last time. There is also more than one way to solve some puzzles and sometimes certain solutions aren't possible based on the actions you've taken before. You also have to be careful what you say because there are three different paths through the game and what you say does make a difference. All this totally blows away my usual assumptions about RPGs and adventure games. It reminds me of Deus Ex but I didn't expect to see anything like this in such an old game. Apparently you can die as well, which is unusual for a game like this.

Oh yeah, I'm playing it through ScummVM but on the big telly with the Wiimote. Awesome. :D
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:50 pm

I've been playing The Sims again...may get The Sims 3 when I upgrade me PC. We shall see, will have to invest in a new motherboard to do all that though.

Oh yeah and I have been playing a new MMO, http://www.runesofmagic.com/en/index.html I acutally like this. It's nopt the best but quite well done.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:27 pm

Dead Rising.

insane replay value.

the penalty for failure is pretty strict. (start over from the beginning)
however, you are allowed to keep all of your upgrades and more importantly your knowledge.

I'm also looking forward to unlocking the additional mode.
its basicly...

how long can you survive the zombie outbreak when you constantly need to eat, and none of the food or weapons in the mall respawn.

you win if you can last 5 game days.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:13 pm

Believe it or not, Wii Fit Plus. I wouldn't have got it but it was Marna's orders. It's not exactly gonna replace my visits to the gym but it is good fun and far more effective than sitting on your ass.
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Played the left 4 dead 2 demo look good and lot better choice of weapons is nice only bad point i have noticed is how easy zombiew get behind when they have just hit the front of me as if teleporting.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:47 pm

Want a good RPG on x360?

Magna Carta 2

the story is full of the usual predictable stuff.
however its solid...doesnt have any wtf? plot holes that I could spot.

The game itself though is pretty amazing.
its an action battle system that still maintain the same level of strategy turn based games offer.
excellent
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:46 am

Just finished off the single player of call of duty morden warfare 2 in just under 5 hours good game shame they lack dedicated servers for online play.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:22 pm

Been playing Call of Duty 4, still. Refuse to buy MW2 on pure dedicated servers principal. I think I'm one of the few who said they weren't buying it that still hasn't bought it. go me!
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:26 am

Matt wrote:Been playing Call of Duty 4, still. Refuse to buy MW2 on pure dedicated servers principal. I think I'm one of the few who said they weren't buying it that still hasn't bought it. go me!
Good stand point still multiplayer sucks when the host leaves mid game and all play stops while the games sets someone as new host but someone bought me the game so can't complain much.
Shane
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Shane » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:15 pm

Good 'Ole FF7, on my psp go, right here in the middle of nowhere. sweet. Currently leveling materia and working on making several master-(magic/summon/support/independant) materia's, and also currently logging somewhere around 70 hours thus far.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:25 am

But the real question is are they remaking it or not? :D
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:18 pm

they been sayin its gonna get a remake for years, the main guy even wants to do it! but i doubt it will
Shane
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Shane » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:04 am

Well finished everything on that a while ago, been workin on wild arms 2 for a while now. lol