yakitate!!japan

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:30 am

bread?? its all about baking, its so awsome and ive actually learned quite a few things about bread. diffrent types, diffrent flour, diffrent ingredients. it is awsome society in japan is putting subliminal messages into animes, teaching children. and boy there is action, every episode it just keeps you wondering what is going to happen next oh and the villan is the most sidistic animated person i have ever seen as a villan, lol, i found the worst nemisis in an anime about bread, go figure huh.

well now that im done bragging about it, who here likes it? and if so talk about it, if not leave it blank like the other posts i post...yeah.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:07 am

Haha I worship it! Seen up to about episode 25 - the end of the second batch. Taking a break from it now. My favourite character has to be Manager, he just cracks me up. I bought the guy who introduced me to it an afro wig. :D Funny you should mention it, I was thinking of it just now.
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:15 pm

lol, thats awsome yeah manager is pretty great, he's not my fav charecter, my fav charecter is yet to come from where you are. unless im wrong, perriot balboneze, hes my favourite charecter. my fav charecter used to be suwabaru who is still pretty cool.
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:55 am

its over!!!thats right after two years its finally over, i feel kind of sad though since i was with them from the begining. :( Hougikimo was the end song and that really made me feel bad, i dunno something about the ending of animes always makes my stomach churn. but the second last episode, what was up with all that lord of the rings refrence oh god that was terrible, but yet it was hilarious.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:32 am

I haven't seen it for a while, up to about episode 27. Marna and I don't take the time to watch anime as much as we used to, partially because I've been very busy. Having said that, I've put Linux on my PlayStation 2 and guess what I used to test out the video player. ;)
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:01 pm

Chewi wrote: Having said that, I've put Linux on my PlayStation 2 and guess what I used to test out the video player. ;)

Pardon, my ps2, my baby!

:angry:
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Re: yakitate!!japan

Post by Chewi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:47 pm

I forgot to post here later but Drabe was right, Pierrot Bolneze is the best character. I miss this series, I wish they'd do more, as stupid as that would be.

If you want a unique cultural insight into Japan, watch this series. It has tons of obscure references to things that you'd never see anywhere else, short of actually living there.
Reaping-Sorrow
Scavenger

Post by Reaping-Sorrow » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:56 pm

Chewi wrote:[
holy crap, that has to be about the most serious reference to this anime :P well insight into cultural japan may be a little too intellectual for it. seems out of place in regards to it :P
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:59 pm

But what about those things like Pespi-man and Mr Jam and SMAP? I've heard Xanien mention SMAP a few times, I'd never have heard of them if it hadn't been for this anime. I wish I'd read more of those little boxes but they flashed by so quickly and I didn't have a remote to pause it with at the time.