VHS

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

VHS

Post by Chewi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:29 pm

So I just watched what I suspect may be the last VHS I'll ever watch. Hannibal. Excellent film, by the way. It's the only VHS I still own (apart from maybe a couple in Jersey) and I only have it because a friend of mine had in on DVD. I finally got around to watching it because this TV with integrated VCR is getting replaced soon. It would have been replaced already if a certain company hadn't fucked up. Is VHS already firmly out of your life or do you still have a few lingering around? It did surprise me just how fast people managed to replace their collections.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Re: VHS

Post by EchoPark » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:43 am

Fuck i wouldnt know how to use a vcr ... i havent used it seen highschool. I got one vhs and its my xmas vid from when i was a baby and thats it. I cant even watch it cause i got no vcr
Forgetfuldan
Enforcer

Post by Forgetfuldan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:29 am

technically that isn't true you still have 4 of Pete's vids kicking about in Dibs room :p
Reaping-Sorrow
Scavenger

Post by Reaping-Sorrow » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:05 pm

have hannibal on vhs myself. hardly think the format matters when theres films of quality still for it. think i could have *cencored* the first time i saw that brain eating scene. anthony hopkins plays one sexy and sofisticated canibal ;)
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:31 am

That's true and VHS is still better than YouTube. :D People well accept any old shite these days.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:30 pm

We have no vcr, and of course, no where sells them anymore. Am sure you can get one second hand, but am pretty sceptical about buying second hand eletrical goods. Anyway, we had tons of videos we had to get rid of, now we have to replace the movies we love by buying dvd. It makes me laugh coz isn't there a good damn easier way of doing that, that isn't costly?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:39 pm

The last major VHS tape manufacturer in the US finally rolled out their last tape in December. I still see tapes in the shops but I can't remember the last time I saw a VCR.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:23 pm

We still have heaps of VCR's here... my mum uses her ancient one to tape programs on the telly.

We have alot of cartoons and kids shows on VCR....my aunt is a prolific taper to TV series...ie simpsons, friends etc (my cousin's fault).

Our VCR in the lounge is buggered, but you can still buy vcr's here...though normally now they are intergrated with a DVD player or TV.

I think VCR's still have a few years in them.... probably not the longevity CD's will have in the music industry but a little while yet. The cost of DVD recorders etc are still very prohibtive for the average joe...here at least.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:52 pm

Really! thats amazing. 2 years a go when i worked a tescos in bedford before i finished up the job i got a DVD player for £10. A real nasty one but it did the job. Can get a good one for £20. I think here VCRs and VHS is dead i only ppl i see stilling using them are the grannys i delviery.