Upcoming upgrade and scheduled downtime

Information, problems and conversation on anything and everything to do with Aura and these here boards.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:22 am

RC1 (aka PF1) of the board has been released but only to the paying customers until Wednesday when it will be released publicly. Because bug fixes are uber fun, I might get to it as soon as the new version becomes available. That is if I'm not working at the time. I actually plan to be at my boss' place on Wednesday and that just happens to be where the server is. Maybe I'll take some time out and do the upgrade up close and personal. So expect some downtime because of that. There will probably also be some downtime due to me fucking around with the server for some non-Aura related purposes. I'll try to keep this to a minimum. You may find that if the server isn't down then it might be really slow. Sorry. Upgrades. Can't be helped. But hell, it's not like anyone seems to come here at the moment anyway. :(
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:58 am

you forget i exist chewi, im on here like 28 hours a day, 8 days a week damnit

but yeah, upgrades are always good, just dont break nothing you cant fix ok
Shane
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Shane » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:41 am

shane says upgrades are good yes.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:13 pm

I actually have my own hosting now, unforunately I'm having some weird URL forwarding crap, but only from my home computer, it works when I'm at work and from a Lan center ... weird
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:37 pm

Holy crap. I left the server upgrading all evening and I just came back to see how it was doing. If I'd left it 5 more minutes, it would have (temporarily) broken the server. :lol: Must remember to type emerge -U world and not emerge -u world! Downgrading PHP is not a good thing. The server seems to hold up pretty well during the upgrade though. It's a bit slower but not as bad as I thought it would be.
Last edited by Chewi on Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Jul 08, 2004 11:28 pm

it's working turbo fine for me.