Couple of problems

Information, problems and conversation on anything and everything to do with Aura and these here boards.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:37 pm

ok sumthins wrong and idk if its the upgrades james was talking about but it started before he posted that i just figured it was temporary and it would go away but for sum reason whenever i try to send a pm now the site crashes and it says the page cannot be displayed and then i hit the Back button and it says the same thing. so i have to go through my favorites and click the link again and its fine. the very same thign occurs whenever i try to edit one of my posts and its causing a bit of trouble for me just wondering if anyone knows whats up
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:22 pm

well, at the hour, the site goes down for one minute, chewi explained why, i just cant remember, and it seems to do the same at 30 past the hour, again for a minute, and on some nights, around 4-5 am, itll go down for like, ten minutes, but not alot of us are on that late, but yeah, i dont think it can be helped
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:22 pm

doesnt it go down for a min for the server to restart I think thats what chewi said
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:25 pm

yeah, that was the reasin it goes down
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:21 am

Yeah but that might not be the problem Paradigm is talking about. Sometimes when you receive a PM, you get dumped to an error page. But yes, as they say, the server also goes down for 1 minute every hour. I get caught out on that a lot more than I would expect. I didn't have time to upgrade the place today (the upgrade came out quite late anyway) but I'll probably do it tomorrow. The next release is meant to be a hell of a lot more stable. :)
Last edited by Chewi on Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:03 am

LoL yea dude I get caught the same time every night lol. But the problems can be client problems, I mean I never get any of that with mine. Apart of the hourly 1 min close