Serenity

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:12 pm

I have yet to come across a person that has not loved this movie...

Seen the series... haven't seen the series... everyone that I know, that's seen it, has loved it.

It made you feel for them, the music kicked ass, and the story was great...

It's truely a great movie...

My only issue with it was that it never explianed Shepard Book...

Ah wells, your thoughts?
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:33 pm

I don't think a film should have to explain every single detail in it. It may aswell be a documentary, if you get what I mean.

I watched it last night, and really enjoyed it. One of my friends hated it but the general feel was that it was good.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:42 pm

It pisses me off though, becuase in the series... I don't remember the details to well, but they were looking for a doctor I think, and it was

"I'm sorry, but you can't come in here" random guy

"give them this card" Shepard book

random guy looks at the card a sec, "SOMEONE GET THESE PEOPLE A DOCTOR!"

Then he knows all in the movie... but they never explian his background... it just eats at me...
Last edited by Masteroftheweb on Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:11 pm

I never watched the series, so I just took for what it was. Was it supposed to be that close to the series and not an independant story then?
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:09 am

It did explain of alot of things you wanted to know in the series... but from what I understand of people that haven't seent he series. It does pretty damn well as a stand alone as well...

Look it up sonme time, the series is called "Firefly"

Named after the class of ship serinity was.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:22 am

I didn't really liek the film all that much it was nicely made but was awfully samey, the chick dishing out pain with the blade and axe was fucking awesome but the rest of the movie was .. meh.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:26 am

This is the film about the mental lass who kicks arse, right? If so I found the axe scene I think Mik is talking about strangely arousing.

I didn't know what to think of it really. Me and my mum sat down to watch it. It got as far as explaining the terraforming and I thought "fuck yeah, this is going to blow my socks off" then the T.V cut out. So I took the film to another T.V set an got it going, after the bit about the planets the whole plot just escaped me. I was up for some mass human exodus and warfare.

:(
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:12 pm

the oppening of the series is was like .. awh fuck this is gonna be the greatest show on earth, but it sadly quite a different show after that.

The movie was a bit of a fuck you to the studio.

Summer's dual wielding massacare was awesome but most badass chick character ever still goes to Brunhilde in Ring of Nibelungs imo.