Movies you seen Recently

The Silver screen, direct to dvd, web only, movie reviews and discussion.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:49 am

I'm getting mixed feelings on whether you're joking or not. It seems obvious that you are, but something is telling me you aren't.
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:10 am

no in the terminator world the worst was three, because term 1 and two were just a simple hill, no dips, there was a begining and ending, done. so the climax was built in between, no movie should go past two in a continued storyline, but hey everyone likes money so they build larger movies with a crappy valley in the hill it should be.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:03 am

I know the answer is going to be obvious.
but i cant think of it

T2 was a shot in the dark, but everybody did like it right?

ok lemme have another guess...
the Godfather?

if thats wrong, and it probably is, just tell me the answer.
Last edited by kaos on Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:57 am

Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:59 pm

Ep1-3 proved Lucas was lucky or something when he made those.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:49 pm

how bout another hint.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:03 pm

oh! Lord of the Rings!
Star
Whelp

Post by Star » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:25 am

I guessed Toy Story from the picture... until I realized that the third one never came out...
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:28 am

Superman Returns. It was fantastic! I was smiling like I had downs', from the opening credits, until the very end. I must watch this film again soon. Seriously, those opening credits nearly brought a tear to my eye.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:54 pm

I thought Superman Returns was fairly dull and I've watched it twice, there was no real challenge to the entire movie, even near the end you knew it was gonna be okay cause it's a superman film, he wins story over.

It's only then I realised for a SUPERMAN film he has about 10 lines of dialogue in the entire film, infact I think that 'speech' at the end which was like 4 whole lines long was more than he said in the entire movie up to that point.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Tue Aug 08, 2006 4:09 pm

Lastwolf wrote:even near the end you knew it was gonna be okay cause it's a superman film, he wins story over.
Why did you watch it then? Let alone twice. You can apply that statement for any action film, really.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:03 am

this is true, but it was bluntly clear. I agree it's a fairly stupid thing to say but most movies at least trick you into thinking that it's not gonna end up all roses, I didn't buy it all.

He needed some proper badguys tbh Lex Luthor is just a bloke, he doesn't really have fights with him at all, now you could say that Lex fights him with his mind and is a different type of villan, except I'm pretty sure Superman said about 5 words to him in the entire film, Wow stop with the verbal swordplay there Supes.

I'm ragging on the parts of the film, I thought where lame. It was a fairly okay movie apart from this but it did feel like an origin story, without any real content. The actual way the movie was made was quite good and it was acted was pretty awesome, Spacey hammed up as necessary and Routh did a pretty good job with acting with expression rather than words.

I'd give it a 6/10, I'll be more interested in the sequel where he might actually do something plot wise.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:57 am

Bizzaro
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:21 am

No content? Apart from the superhero saving the world plot you'd expect in this film, there was a huge romance plot in there. That was pretty much the main purpose of the film, Superman came back and had to deal with what had happened while he was gone. I can partially see how you see it as an origin film, because it's basically bringing the superman films to a new audience, but plotwise it really wasn't.

Fair enough if you didn't like the film, I know it's not perfect. I just loved it so much because I was a fan of the old films and thought this stuck firmly to them, while also updating it. But a lot of the things you're saying about the film are completely unwarranted. If you think superman spoke the most in that part near the end, you must have fallen asleep for most of the film. There was so much content put into this film, and not all of it was dialogue driven.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:23 pm

Ok, reading that back makes me sound ignorant. Which I usually am. Watching the film for me brought back a lot of childhood memories, I loved the old superman films when I was little. And with what Bryan Singer has done with this film, I am extremely fond of it. So I will stab anyone who doesn't like it.

I think some people (not you, Mik) didn't like this film because they liked Smallville. Smallville doesn't exactly fit in the timeline of the films. Personally I just try to forget that Smallville was ever made. Same goes for New Adventures *wretch*.