Movies you seen Recently

The Silver screen, direct to dvd, web only, movie reviews and discussion.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:36 am

It was over the top for the sake of we need a cool stunt here or people will fall asleep again, this why there are large noise through the film at random intervals.

I apparently 'growled' for around 2 minutes... hehe was probably snoring.
Star
Whelp

Post by Star » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:08 pm

kaos wrote:I heard that the entire movie felt more like a set up fpr the next movie, than an actual stand alone piece.

still buying the dvd.
Yeah, the ending is designed to make you watch the third movie to get the ending of the "trilogy". It's about as boring as LOTR 2. I know there are a lot of LOTR fans out there that will murder me for saying that, but the 1st and 3rd movie of LOTR were the ones I liked. The 2nd one was boring as hell. So, I hope that POTC will follow the same tradition, and make the 3rd movie good, or else I'm demanding a refund.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:52 pm

Star wrote:. I know there are a lot of LOTR fans out there that will murder me for saying that

*stab stab stab*
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:32 am

I loved the concept of LOTR and Tolkien is rightly so the granddaddy of fantasy writting along with Lewis but the film whislt well made and looked awesome was the most poorly edited thing EVER, the first movie drags like a motherfucker and the second is average at best, the third by comparassion jumps around too much and is pretty flippant,they win the major batle within 60 seconds of the ghost riders turing up.
Last edited by Mik on Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:24 pm

that's... pretty much what happened in the book.

And as much as i love tolkien and LOTR, those books tend to be a little dragging as well.

heh, my brother just came home with the DVD for The Neverending Story. That movie was awesome.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:57 pm

The question is though, did you read the BOOK
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:16 pm

couldn't get past page 100 of fellowship, I respect tolkiens work it's jsut 100 pages and he still hadn't gotten to the point in ANY way shape or from, I don't even think Gandalf had shown up yet.

unless you mean Neverending story, in which case, no no I haven't
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:09 am

the only middle movie i absolutley hated was matrix two that was the worst thing i think ive ever seen, i mean, it was terrible, even if it was a set up for the third one. as well as the almighty pile of snakes on a plane(yes thats a quote for suckyness) star wars episode two. pirates 2 was not a middle man, it was a whole new storyline. and they were like yeah we kind of... need to make a movie that will bring together the first and last movie, how the hell do we do that? so it is a decent movie, i mean its no waterworld or merlin but still they did a good job on it, and it was better than a good summer movie. and that is why i liked it, superman 2 was a terrible movie, but was it a good summer movie, thats hard to say i couldnt tell ya, because i seriously hope, if that director thinks hes making another one he better go in a better direction.
Last edited by Drabe,ThePirateking on Sun Jul 23, 2006 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:33 am

I didnt have to read the book.
Bastian read it for me. :P
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:06 am

Never ending story i think was written by Michael Ende. It's kind of like books like Winnie the Pooh, you think it's a kids book but there is so many deeper nuances that you pick up as an adult reading it.

Anyway... it's a good book for anyone who ever feels like the imagination they had as a child is lost.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:20 am

my imagination is fully intact.

When making a movie triology the second one usually sucks, because basically when your writting a story that's the bridge that connects the begining and the end, it's the weakest part of the story generally speaking. Beginning is setup and introduction, End is resolution, middle is .... travel....

The only triology I can think of that didn't have a poor 2nd movie was Aliens but that wasn't intended to be a triology(or quadrology as it turned out) and was almost stand alone. Even LOTR was a fairly samey story, Matrix should have never do the the triology should have NEVER been made, Matrix was one of the most inspiring pieces of cinema I've seen it was action, it was drama. There was about 800 million differing way to read the story, 2 and 3 where total bullshit and every word uttered was Dr.Phil, Oprah style 'and how do you feel about that' tripe.
Last edited by Mik on Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Drabe,ThePirateking
Whelp

Post by Drabe,ThePirateking » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:47 am

so heres the question, whats your opinion about pirates 2? better, worse or the same as every other bridge maker?
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:26 am

it's was fairly average from what I watched when I wasn't asleep. Nothing to get excited over. I don't like pirates I think that sea battles are shit and haven't really changed on film since the 1940's.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:40 pm

Lastwolf wrote:The only triology I can think of that didn't have a poor 2nd movie was Aliens
Did you perhaps think about the most popular trilogy ever made? The 2nd film is most people's favourites.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:28 pm

most popular trilogy ever made. with the second being the most favored.

thats a tuff one.

its probably wrong. but, Terminator?
Last edited by kaos on Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.