is mik dead?

The Silver screen, direct to dvd, web only, movie reviews and discussion.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:47 pm

I LOVE Vampire movies. I am big big big on them. I cannot wait to see Blood Rayne and hope they haven't made it shit (it's a brilliant game). I love the Blade trilogy and The Vampire Chronicles (even though they were only 2 movies, and Anne Rice dissapointed me after she carried on from Queen of The Damned, so hence I only like the first 3 books) even the old Dracula movies. But Underworld? It's a shit movie it was just pointless and boring and the plot is going nowhere, it's even become more apparent now with the second movie. I must admit I like the modern twist of guns where they use ultraviolet bullets to kill vampires, and silver nitrate bullets to kill lycans. When we first see Victor in his bloody glory I loved it (even though i get queezy about blood), though they could've made it abit sicker. The only character I really liked was Lucian and I felt for him, I know what it's like to loose someone you love. I actually cried when you see into Lucian's past. The rest was bland....blander than the Aeon Flux movie.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:33 am

Lucian was an awesome character if they had made the film from his perspective more it would have owned !

Most of the special effects where there for the sake of having them.... which isn't the point of making them.

I loved shoot a circle in the floor and you fall through thing, it was total bullshit but was awesome in the same respect.

Blade is almost an anti-vampire film cause it views them in a mocking way, they are portrayed as weak, snivling leeches that stab each other up and get on like a pack of twats. The whole power of the vampire myth was the sexual undertones it's fairly out in the open in blade with S&M tendancies, I think of blade as a commentary on the current state of the vampire myth with all the goth wannabe nut jobs. It's probably not how it was intended but that's how I see it.

Underworld depresses me because it wastes soo much potentail.
Last edited by Mik on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:55 pm

they stole that idea of the falling through the floor from another movie called 'the long kiss goodnight'

or something like that...

i think...

and vampires suck
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:34 pm

I think that movie was released after Underworld1,

yes vampires do suck or they'd die.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:59 pm

no

and that's the joke
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:38 pm

Lastwolf wrote:Blade is almost an anti-vampire film cause it views them in a mocking way, they are portrayed as weak, snivling leeches that stab each other up and get on like a pack of twats. The whole power of the vampire myth was the sexual undertones it's fairly out in the open in blade with S&M tendancies, I think of blade as a commentary on the current state of the vampire myth with all the goth wannabe nut jobs. It's probably not how it was intended but that's how I see it.
I don't know I see Blade as a revenge movie (I much prefer the Marvel comics by the way). Remember Blade is half-vampire himself. I personally respect the movie in a way. I agree that it was a let down as how they are portrayed but I see Blade as something deeper, and how we learn of Blade. Personally, Blood Rayne would kick Blade's ass any day, and she's half-vampire herself. I think these movies show different sides of vampires, whereas The Vampire Chronicles show a different point of view. Anyway I still class Blade as a vampire movie for obvious reasons and to some extent I still rate it....more than Underworld anyway.

Oh and clever pun there Ben, even though you don't like vampires. :rolleyes:
Last edited by Squirrel on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:40 pm

yeah I was gonna mention "Long Kiss" but Goat beat me to it.
he's right tho.

the movie dates Underworld by atleast 3 years.

EDIT: IMDB says....

The Long Kiss Goodnight (1996)
Underworld (2003/I)
Last edited by kaos on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:19 am

actually i like vampires just fine, i was trying to be cheesy.

i really don't like the bloodraine or blade perspective on vampires. I like the more classic myth, or the Castlevania spin on it.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:18 am

It's BloodRayne, and besides she's more hardcore than Blade. Not only that she gets to kill some Nazi ass. I think you could also say I like dhampir movies. All in all though I don't think BloodRayne "discriminates" against vampires as much as Blade does.

[I still prefer the Aeon Flux MTV series, now that bird blows. And I'm actually glad she ain't vampire]
Stephanie
Solider

Post by Stephanie » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:38 pm

the Aeon Flux movie was great haha..anywhos..onto the BloodRayne. i loved the movie becky lol. i'm not going into details, but i loved the story line, and everything, adn the ending is left open for another movie to cme.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:17 pm

another aeon flux movie?

god help us all...
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:45 pm

Interview with a Vampire is probably my favourite vampire film.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:42 am

Super Goat Weed wrote:another aeon flux movie?

god help us all...
There's only been one Aeon Flux movie...but yeah the movie sucked dick in a really bad way. I cannot wait for BloodRayne. I even PREY it won't be crap. <_<
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:27 am

clever

From what i saw of the BloodRayne movie, it looked like it was going to suck some serious ass.

i posted a link for it ages ago on here with a 'holy shit please tell me this is a joke' disclaimer

or maybe it was someone else

either way, it was BAD.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:42 am

Bogey wrote:Interview with a Vampire is probably my favourite vampire film.

I dont think I have a favorite vampire movie.
but thats probably one of the few that doesnt seem to fall short like so many of the others.

werewolf movie is dated...
but it shouldnt be.

I was looking around at some new ones tho.

-Curesed....which has apparently been cut to sreads.
-blood and chocolate.....which makes me want to stab people in the pinky with a dull screwdriver
-the breed...which may turn out to be just a weird dog movie
Last edited by kaos on Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.