Clubs, over rated?

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Zapages
Civillian

Post by Zapages » Thu May 26, 2005 11:21 pm

Last week at the end of E3... My friend was annoying my cousin and me to go to a club. So my cousin let us go to our hotel's club. I don't know if you guys know about the Hotel called Mondrian. Anyway we went there. As both of us were under 21, we were able to sneak in, while the other day we were rejected when they checked our IDs...

Anyway I found it bit over rated as it was bunch of drunk preppy and rich guys and girls dancing to some mainstream music. (We were staying in West Hollywood on Sunset Blvd). Even though I like Techno and stuff, but some of the stuff they were playing was down right bad.

My friend went crazy by jumping on a chair dancing like some maniac. I could have faked my way with couple of girls as they were smiling towards me all the time and we kind of talked for 5 minutes. They were like those type of girls that most guys there that might have been straight there would do an one night swing. As I wasn't drunk, even though my cousin got us something from the bar that had real bitter taste, he told us it was Red bull. *shrugs*

Also there were a lot of lesbians, mainly two who were really dancing on the chairs. My friend the smart one, decided it was bright idea to join, before the security pulled him away... While I just chilled on side as it was my first time going to a club and such.

It just felt the whole club thing very over rated. How about you guys here?

Anyway reflect on my experience and tell your own club experiences...

BTW: I'm leaving for Dubai and Pakistan this Sunday. :)
Last edited by Zapages on Thu May 26, 2005 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu May 26, 2005 11:37 pm

As clubs go, that was probably quite a weird one to start with. I would generally assume hotel clubs to be really bad but that's probably not the case in Hollywood. However, being Hollywood, you would probably expect there be lots of really rich, trendy types in there. Not my scene at all.

Let me tell you something. Clubs vary A LOT. I was once so incredibly pissed off in a club that I actually threw my bottle of beer at the feet of the DJs. Had I not left immediately, I would have been chucked out. For the record, that is not my normal standard of behaviour at all, I was a little drunk and the place really did annoy me that much. Put me in a rock/metal club, however, and I'll be deliriously happy. I actually DJ for a local club here myself. I tend to find that the people in rock/metal clubs are a little less artificial than the others. That's not always the case but it's generally true. Back home, I used to get people I'd been moshing with going "Hey! I know you! You're my moshing buddy!" It was fun.
Last edited by Chewi on Thu May 26, 2005 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 27, 2005 12:52 am

I wonder what the reaction would be if you had walked over and calmly placed the bottle at the Dj's feet.

the ultimate insult?
or wtf?
Last edited by kaos on Fri May 27, 2005 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri May 27, 2005 1:28 am

Did I mention the song that triggered my rage was Christina Aguilera's Dirty? They wouldn't have known an insult if it had hit them in the face. Or the feet. Oh yeah, I remember what I said as I did it now. "You're fucking shit!" Not very original but I think I made my point.
Last edited by Chewi on Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri May 27, 2005 2:20 am

over rated? HELL YES

nothing more to say
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Fri May 27, 2005 2:35 am

lol overrated is putting it mildly
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri May 27, 2005 3:12 am

how 'bout suck ass?
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Fri May 27, 2005 5:45 am

not to mention hairy monkey balls
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri May 27, 2005 9:34 am

I went to a nightclub once, I tried to get very drunk to drown the painfully crap music and the even more painfully shallow people.

I've never before considered myself better than anyone the opposite infact would be true till I met some of those mentally handicapped people.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri May 27, 2005 11:23 am

That's how I feel about most clubs but you guys need to check out a decent one.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 27, 2005 12:48 pm

we'll all just show up one day that your working the turn tables jim.

if we throw bottles at you its not cuzz you suck...its cuzz we wanna throw you off your game.
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Fri May 27, 2005 3:21 pm

i suppose clubs would be alrite if you liked techno and stuff..

that stuff makes me sick though :/ and when theres clubs that play metal. Its mostly mainstream trash that makes me want to puke.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri May 27, 2005 3:32 pm

Cloud wrote:that stuff makes me sick though :/ and when theres clubs that play metal. Its mostly mainstream trash that makes me want to puke.
Not when I'm playing. :P
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri May 27, 2005 5:27 pm

yeah only hardcore britney spears when Dt Chewi on the decks, yo
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Fri May 27, 2005 7:20 pm

I despise clubs of all shapes and sizes and sorts. that many people in a small area dancing and getting drunk and getting all sweaty and gross is not my idea of a good time, no matter the music. Red Bull however is my favorite drink!! ^_^

and I used to know a dance to "dirty".... it was dirty
Last edited by runawaygurl on Fri May 27, 2005 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.