I love it when the base a movie on an

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed May 11, 2005 7:08 pm

its rare now, but it happens.

http://www.unleashedmovie.com/

check out the trailer
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed May 11, 2005 11:30 pm

watched the trailers about 3 weeks ago looks fuckign awesome, I've always liked Jet li movies and this one looks to be his best, great trailer
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed May 11, 2005 11:46 pm

*watches* That does look fucking brilliant.
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Thu May 12, 2005 12:26 am

I saw the preview for it on...some DVD I got.

Looks interesting.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Thu May 12, 2005 3:21 am

Best trailer I've seen in a long time. I need to see this film now. Especially with Bob Hoskins in it.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu May 12, 2005 9:26 am

He always manages a good performance ol' Bob does, even in 'Enemy at the Gates' where everyone around him was a stiff as a plank of wood
Last edited by Mik on Thu May 12, 2005 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Re: I love it when the base a movie on an

Post by Chewi » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:02 pm

Well... I finally saw this. Only took me 6 years. :lol: Did any of you see it?

I thought it was pretty good. The balance wasn't what I was expecting, though that was a good thing because action sequences can get boring after a while. It was shot and set in Glasgow and I did notice this before it was mentioned but I found it extremely odd, not least because no one in the entire film had a Scottish accent. I read that Bart was initially played by Billy Connolly, which almost explains it, except that I can't even begin to imagine him playing a part like that. Then again, Bob Hoskins did play Smee.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Re: I love it when the base a movie on an

Post by Mik » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:58 pm

I did, great movie.

There's actually a nice little story going on in the background. The fight scenes overpower and dwarf it in such a way that you could largely ignore it and it'd still be good watch. The primary cause of this is the drop kick, it just cannot possibly be fucked with, by narrative structure, never mind a DOUBLE DROP KICK, like what appeared in this movie.

One of my favourite plays, Henry V: The Final Frontier, originally had a Henry drop kicking the dauphin of France out a window but Billy Shake-a-spear thought no, hold on that pisses all over the St.Crispin's day speech which is supposed to be the climax of this damn thing. Plus after the sombreness of the Non nobis, Domine scene, I can't ramp up the action again, I doth be yanking my audiences chain with too much mood whip lash, yo. So it was cut.