This is war.

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:56 pm

Masteroftheweb wrote:I hate the entire genre
Same.
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:51 am

LOL RAP SUCKS LOL

I agree that 50 Cent is not exactly my cup of tea, I don't find the whole genre of rap and hip hop to be bad.

In fact, some of the modern groups like Outkast and the Roots are quite enjoyable, and I have alot of respect for old-school rappers like Run D.M.C, Ice T (he loves Siouxsie and the Banshees too, which makes him awesome on my book already. And Body Count was more of a rock oriented band) Public Enemy, Grandmaster Flash and the like. Just because what you see is utter shit doesn't make the whole genre that. At one time it was innovative and did have a good message to it. And depending on who you look at, it still does.

Lars Ulrich is still a douche though. And that game with 50 Cent is just a rip-off of GTA most likely.
Last edited by Morbid Angel on Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:21 am

Meh I just don't like rap :(

I agree tho, LArs Ulrich is a twat and 50 cent will most likely be ripping off a GTAesque genre.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:43 am

You have to realize... I don't hate the Genre for the people that represent it or the message it give...

I hate the genre for the sound it produces... and I can say I hate the entire genre because the entire genre has that sound... that's the reason it's been grouped together as a genre...

When I listen to Rap... I litterelly feel disguisting... I want to scratch my skin away... no exageration...

I just hate Rap
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:12 pm

im not an enourmous fan of rap nor do i like 50 cent but saying that all rap sounds is exactly the same is being a tad narrow minded. some rap is quite good but ur right alot of it is stupid shit that is hardly music

and for the sake of staying on topic yeah that game is bound to be total shit
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:47 pm

i hate almost all rap, but there's a few excpetions

in all honesty, when it first started out, it wasn't half bad. And the good blends of rap and music are a pretty good sound

however

i haven't heard a GOOD rap song in ages and 50 is definatly not good rap.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:24 pm

Geostigma wrote:saying that all rap sounds is exactly the same is being a tad narrow minded.

I don't say all rap sounds the same, but all rap has a certain rythem and element that makes it rap.

I hate that Rythem and element
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:41 am

granted you're entitled to that i dont care for it too much either but just a question, aren't things grouped into genres because they have similar rythems and elements?
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:19 am

That's what I stated to begin with when I said I hate the entire Genre