OMFG the day of reckoning !!!

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:18 pm

We got Parasite Eve 2 first. They were trying to be nice to us. We weren't impressed.

But yes, it would be funny if Jersey got it first. Heheheh.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:36 am

Nah Europe has had some Releases before the states .... dont ask what they are i cant remember to much details. .... Lemmings?
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:27 am

Wasn't there a simultaneous Japan/US release for Silent Hill 4?
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:00 am

Super Goat Weed wrote:you just keep telling yourself that

anyway, i think this would be a first of europe got ANYTHING first. no offense or anything, but most games seem to come out in the US or Japan before they hit europe.
Thats cool tho, you are our test bitches...If its shit, we don't have to waste our money....attack of the clones anyone?
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:30 pm

that release date is a bit early

hope its true but my question is wtf is going on with AC

12 should rock though its got a bucnh of the ppl who worked on Vagrant Story which we all know is an incredible game
St.Lucifer
Enforcer

Post by St.Lucifer » Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:08 pm

cenee wrote:We're not talking FFX-2 are we?

I haven't read any links on the subject so I think I'm a little confused... *spins* and don't hate me for saying this, but I hope and pray with all of my might that whatever new FF games come out are nothing like X and X-2.

I am SO not a fan of pop girls or paper dolls. <_<
ok X-2 did suck major cock but FFX was a good fuckin game
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:49 am

I could of swore that Halo 2 had a global release...but maybe I'm wrong.

My bad if so. I was going to say halflife 2 but i'm pretty sure that was a staggered release.

and we are talking FFXII!

I've seen bits and pieces for it and it looks pretty good though i want to get my lil hands on a copy of vagrant story first.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:48 am

Evil Matt wrote:Wasn't there a simultaneous Japan/US release for Silent Hill 4?
Well, i don't remember to much. but all silent hills released wheren't to much far apart. least 3 apart. like silent hill 3 came out in japan 3 months after the euro version, then another 3 months before the us version came out. silent hill releases have been pretty whacky

:P

as for the ff12 release, jap version first. us and euro won't be seeing it for awhile unless we import and have modded ps2's.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:52 pm

Unfortunatly its not avaliable for stream....So if you're on Dial up, you'll be waiting a long time for the whole 70mb.....but, I URGE you to get it anyways.

Flashget Download manager

Great program, it will pick up the download where you left it off. So you can easily let ot carry on over time. It uses "Jets"..no not the flyable type, these jets are separate downloads, you can have up to 10 jets...improving the download speed significantly, and won't kill a dial up connection, it only takes what is avaliable..meaning, if MSN is on, or your browser is open, those get priority.

Flashget Firefox extension

this adds an extra option to firefox when you click a download, making it easier to use Flashget.

I highly reckonmend Flashget for large downloads.

Japanese 73mb file Pre E3 Trailer

English Trailer 35 mb

This game looks like FFX...but much better, the monsters no longer come in random encounters, count those annoying things out! you can actually see the monsters on the fields, you can avoid them, but they have ways of finding you.

This game is turning out more and more like Vagarant story in terms of fighting.

I'll end with a reveiw someone else wrote
edczxcvbnm surprised the world by making the following insightful comments: wrote:This will be the Final Fantasy game that will be radically different from any of the past games in the series. New prdoducers and artists, 3D cameras and no random battles. This is not the Final Fantasy that you would expect.

Starting off with the new cast of people working on the game. The new producer for this game is Yasumi Matsuno. He has worked on previous projects such as Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics. Jun Akiyama will be the production supervisor and is known for his work on Final Fantasy VII. Akihiko Yoshida will be the character designer as well map designer. He has worked on Vagrant Story and Final Fantasy Tactics. Hideo Minaba is serving as the art director and has worked on Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy IX. The music will be done by a combination of Nobuo Uematsu(Final Fantasy...all of them) and Hitoshi Sakimoto(Final Fantasy Tactics and Vagrant Story). This is the bulk of the people who are taking Final Fantasy XII in its new direction. Now lets see what direction that is.

Starting with the graphics, there will be a lower polygon count for the characters than that in FFX-2 but it will allow for more animations, better lighting effects and more detailed textures. The building architecture is based on medieval mediterranean countries. Another thing that is being done is that the weapons that you have equipped on the character will be visible on the world map as the character will always be carriing the weapon around.

The battle system is what seems to have the biggest overhaul of all. The battle system is reminiscent of .hack's in many ways. Gone are the way of random battles as you can now see your enemies on screen and avoid them if you wish. The characters have what are called 'Gambit' and they are basically A.I. scripts for the characters to use in battle. Don't think that you can't dish out more specific moves than just the general 'gambit'. You can assign them to mirror your attacks and be real specific just like the .hack games. Then there are things that are unlike .hack which help it to not only remain different but evolve some. Your loacation matters on the battle field as your range attacks are more effect in this game. Your characters will automatically attack or use magic when their ATB meter are up instead of you issueing the command. Enemies on the world map will detect you in a number of ways also. They can hear, see and even smell you.

The game also features a 3D camera that you can move around 360 degrees. Also when in towns the party may split up and go off to explore on their own. This resembles what sometimes occured in Final Fantasy IX.

The games story will take place in the world of Ivalice(the same world as Final Fantasy Tactics Advance). The judges from Final Fantasy Tactics Advance are back but they have shifted roles. No longer are they legal authorities in battle but now they are political leaders with absolute control. They are keeping the story underwraps and the only story we know so far has been given in the character descriptions for the most part.

The last part is the music of the game which has yet to be revealed. Although Nobuo Uematsu has mentioned in the past that he is excited about this project as it he feels it gives him the chance to try a few new things that he has not been able to do in past Final Fantasy games.

All in all the game is shaping up to off everyone a fresh and new Final Fantasy game.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:02 am

FF12 may be getting delayed. It's either KH2 or FF12. I think FF12's getting delayed. Makes more sence since it hasn't been in development that long. Don't care if FF12 gets delayed, KH2's gonna be better.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:13 pm

KH is a great game, but it cannot compare to FF, it has cameos of FF...its essentially part FF.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:13 pm

Mildy used cameo's. They don't do much for the actual storyline. They are just there so the fans don't complain since it's a square-enix game. So far i haven't seen any pics off FF characters in KH2, nother reason why FF characters aren't important for the game.

Poor cloud became a mear summon in COM. lol Elite soldier down to being a back up unit.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:08 pm

I'll be getting it anyways KH1 was great fun.

FFXII takes priority though.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:58 am

Darkside wrote:Mildy used cameo's. They don't do much for the actual storyline. They are just there so the fans don't complain since it's a square-enix game. So far i haven't seen any pics off FF characters in KH2, nother reason why FF characters aren't important for the game.
1. Auron is in KH2
2."They don't do much for the actual storyline" it has been said repeatedly by the games creators the Cloud will be the link between KH, CoM, and KH2