Soccer or Football. Which do you prefer?

Anything in the sporting world, you know... that stuff that happens outside... away from TV, console and/ or computers... I've heard rumors... but that's all they are, rumors.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:25 am

TheenD I dunno what game you discribbed...but in footbal you rarely pass the ball twice.

if any sport is gay its greco roman wrestling
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:52 pm

Eitherway sports men are over paid and over rated

that goes for ALL t.v sports
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:41 am

I've tried hard to stay away from this topic as it is a debate I have had in the past with some unpopular comments made.

Firstly, football, or soccer to the yanks. Is a pussy sport, running around the pitch kicking a piece of rubber around and then falling over when another guy runs within five feet of you, no thanks. I say take football off the TV and remove it as a professional sport. Return it to it's former stature of proper working men playing on the field out back on their day off, jumpers for goalposts sort of thing like it used to be.

Secondly, American Football > Rugby. I've played both and I know what I've on about, of course I played American Football without armour or a helmet, but American Football with or without the armour is a better game. More tactics and more contact, it is the sport of champions.

The following is questionable as a sport, but way more entertaining than American Football real Football or Rugby and that's pro wrestling. I know it's all "faked" but that doesn't remove it's value as a means of entertainment in my opinion. All other sports take too long to finish a game and very little happens that's of any note, whereas in pro wrestling you get about 8 or so matches into the same time and they all had their own merits. Again, not calling it a sport, just mentioning that from a viewpoint of sports related entertainment it is superior.

I used to play Football a lot as a kid, I now never play. I also used to play basketball and a little baseball, I kinda went off sports in a big way and I don't really remember why, probably because I'm so unfit now that I'd suck big time even if I got all my skills back. I really should look into taking up a sport again if I can find the time if only for the excercice, oh well.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:12 am

Onto wrestling,

WWE...WWF, its so fake for me to even bother with, now they truely are actors

Vince mcmahons dads legacy has beeen fucked
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:49 pm

Like I said, sports entertainment and I mentioned it was fake. But for how long other sports go on for with absolutely nothing happening, I'd rather watch a quick wrestling match.

Cricket: bunch of guys in cardigans throwing a ball around for a week
Rugby: bunch of guys in shirts running up and down a field throwing the ball backwards
Football: bunch of guys in shorts hoofing the ball as far as they can kick it for almost 2 hours.
American Football: bunch of guys running around and crashing into each other, hard.
Golf: nice walk ruined.
Racing (any kind) bunch of guy/horses/cars going round in circles for a couple hours
Boxing: two guys fight for an hour and hit each other about four times before taking a quick break.

There's a whole bunch of other sports which I won't even bother to name and describe, but on the whole, I just don't find sports all that entertaining to watch. They go on for too long with very little happening, I'd rather spend my time doing something else but that's me.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Mon Nov 01, 2004 4:41 pm

Yeah, the main reason I don't watch sports is because you're basically watching the same thing over and over, just different names and coloured shirts.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:46 pm

so who saw Aresenal get their asses beat by Man Utd. fuck yeah that was great
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:04 am

looks shocked

Paradigm, where are you from?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:18 am

He's a Man U fan, he could be from anywhere. Literally.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:59 am

yeah, i used to support them
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:56 pm

i live in Wisconsin buddy (psst look under my avatar) but yeah im not really a Man U fan i just felt that Henri and Reyes needed to quit whining and have somebody kick they're asses. however Ronaldo is a pussy too so man u has one too. im not really a fan of anybody in particular i just love watching the prmiership and listening to the annoucers' commentary....british ppl are funny :D
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:05 pm

We do have better quality commentators I've watch american sports .. they lack a certain little bit extra.
Last edited by Mik on Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:27 am

maybe thats cuz american sports suck.

with the exception of Slamball, that is the most kick ass sport next to soccer
Renzoukuken
Enforcer

Post by Renzoukuken » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:39 am

Is slamball the one thats half basketball and...erm they have trampolines..... ???
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:39 am

yes, unfortunatly it might be discontinued, too many ppl missing the trampolines.

EDIT: Dammit! Liverpool lost