warhammer 40,000

Everything from Console, PC & Handheld. This is the place your none On-line Graphic related play things go.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:34 am

kinda know what ya mean bout the not finding enough time anymore, but yeah, i never had much experience with 2nd, used to watch my mated dad play it likes, but i think 3rd is more for selling warhammer to the masses, whislt still catering for the older gamers needs, the amount of 12 year olds who play the game, kinda, anoys me, most of them dont have a clue, or any smarts to put a decent plan to action, at a gaming club, fancy an easy battle, find a little dude, not the one with the rule book and the decently painted army, the ones with pink land raiders and tau rail guns glued to marines heads, yes, those ones, the ones who dont knwo the rules.

damn...im bitching...terrible...

what armies you play then murton?
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:55 am

I play Imperium mostly, sometimes Marines, sometimes Imperial Guard most of the time a mix of the two.

Basic army setup would look like this.

Space Marine tactical or assault squad, chosen depending on enemy. Tactial squad usually equipped with flamer, heavy bolter and krak grenades. Assault squad would be bolt pistol and power sword with jump packs and melta bombs.

Terminator Squad with one assault cannon and chainfists. Teleported into battle, usually in the third turn.

Scout Squad with needle rifles, infiltrated.

^^all marine squads upgraded with veteran sergeant carrying medkit wargear card.

Imperial Guard. A HQ unit, devastator squad, tactical squad along with additional medics and a servitor or two. At least two forms of artillery. Weapons all depend on enemy.

Agents. Sometimes an assassin unless fighting chaos in which case am Inquisitor Lord was essential. Often took a psyker of some kind if points allowed.

Vehicles, very fond of Predator and Space Marine dreadnought. I didn't own any imperial guard vehicles.

Secret weapons. Penal Legion with frenzon, usually deployed in a locked building within my deployment zone, should the enemy make it that far alive I open the doors. Sometimes hid an ogryn squad equipped for close combat in the same way.

I used to play in very high points battles with an increased turn limit by the way. Usually around the between 5,000 and 10,000 points, anything higher and you have to make it a two day battle, lol.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:31 am

*struggles to comprehend 2nd ed* but yeah, i remember the wargear cards, and the vehicle datafaxes, still got one for the basalisk and the SOB rhino

and big battles are shiny, and still doable in 3rd
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:01 pm

gw seem to be trying to change the amount of younger gamers, they are really not recomending that anyone under 16 plays, cos at that age you have pretty much decided you want to do it. kids tend to play for about a year and then get distracted by something else.

i got a couple of second edition codexes, and it seems cool. but i like the way third works. it lends itself to big battles as much as smaller one. and the new fourth edition is really cool.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:24 pm

We using fourth rules on saturday alan?
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:21 pm

could do i got the overdraft on my bankacount put back so i can get the book
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:11 pm

You guys need to come over here to the US so we can rumble. *flexes*
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Sep 20, 2004 7:15 pm

Would be a pleasure, might be over there sometime in the next two three years, tis awa away, but yeah, ph34r my cannoness bitch!!

EDIT: w00t, ive just inherited my lil bro's chaos army, so i now own three predators (two annihilator) a land raider, three rhinos, a dreadnought, and a fair bit of marnes, berserkers, raptors, the old oblitorators, bikers, termies, a bloodthirster (needs alot of work to get it game worthy) three lords, fabis bile is there somewhere, and i could piece abadaon back together but he sucks so i wont
Last edited by Vandire on Mon Sep 20, 2004 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Mon Sep 20, 2004 11:29 pm

kay the last thing i woudl say about abaddon is that he sucks, what really sucks isthat dave now has more points in a single army than me. although im still pretty cetain that i have more in total 40k. but fuck i hat that army ive only beat it once or twice. but cool man now we can wage war. "halen salek" little warband and your mighty host shall meet on the feild some day when its a bit bigger. sons of malice against black legion. but im going back to the ultras for a while at least
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:57 am

you did turn down my offer of all the chaos models in my case, which is alot mind, tho most are badly painted by my bro, but hey, some of em are just undercoated
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:15 am

you do know that i have all your chaos at my house right now, oh and i am only interested in unpainted or undercoated models. anyway , the new space marine codex is expected soon, this will include a system similar to the imperial guard doctrines, allowing players to make rules for their own chapters, the ultramarines are getting better im not sure how but i know their will be two ultramarines specific units and the characters are being given an upgrade i think this will include an invulnerable save for a certain chapter master. their are new plastic space marine terminators on their way as well. the space marines are finnaly gonna be back in the game. gives us another go at the eye of terror now that we have a new codex