Writing?

Information, problems and conversation on anything and everything to do with Aura and these here boards.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:55 am

right, so theres fanfiction and poetry, and elite fanfiction, but what about non fanfics, just short stories and the likes?

i ocasionaly write stuff, which aint all that good i admit, but its not fanfiction, tis where i dump it just now tho, is there enough writers to constitute a writing forum?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:12 am

Just stick it in fan fiction. Hell we should just call it fiction really...
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:16 am

Xanien our Fan fic moderator (MIA) wanted it changed back to Elite Fanfic because helf that the more serious fan fics where being ignored in the regualr fan fic forum.

However non-fan fiction will also go into the Elite forum.

To be honest both those froms are very low yield despite X's continiuos efforts to make them not so. Currently there are little to no active topics in Elite, I havea mind to release some the WvK stuff but I don't want to right now.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:45 pm

i never saw anything really special happen over there.

If something did i'd probably write something. I need motivation...
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:02 pm

as kaos for inspiration, it worked for me once.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:29 am

Ultimate Beyond NEEDS to be posted. Get off your lazy ass and put the first chapter up in there Mik! Yeah, Elite was created just for the serious stuff (not the one paragraph stories you see sometimes), and Fanfiction is for poems, lyrics, and throwing together ideas. It's all a big experiment. Truth is, I'd be hardcore all for it if James and Mik could GAURANTEE that there wouldn't be any server crashes or changes. There have been 3 that I know of, and each time, the admins have failed to bring the old fanfic topics to the new boards. At one time we had about 1000 posts in Fanfic, and about 500 in Elite. That was very nice. Too bad they couldn't do anything to bring the other stuff back.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:45 am

I haven't asked for a restore on fanfic's but I think chewi has a back up of the old forums. Just depends wither he wants to do it or not.

Server crashes / forum wipes are now totally out of my hands (*Phew*)

UBX is a WvK project and is currently being worked on Chapter one is 30% complete as of WvKII. I'm currently working some side 'just for fun' material and will do until they're done or WvK III comes round.