Planning

Junk goes here, bitches.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue May 11, 2004 8:45 pm

we can get going without a starter story. we can just let the side leaders write up their own goals and what accomplishing it will bring when they get started.

but we still need to define what it is the war is a over.
in other words...what is Item X (or if its even a physical item. )
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Wed May 12, 2004 1:54 am

Alright, gentlemen I do believe it is on.

B)
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Wed May 12, 2004 9:29 pm

The "Item X" plan, as it seems to be called, gives both sides a reason to feel that they are doing something noble. However, it leaves very little space for a third party to slide in. I'm most interested in a third party, seeing as it would make everything very interesting. Unless the third party also wants the said item, which would make them no different from the other two parties, we have yet to decided a reason that they would compete against the other parties.

Regardless of how this plays out, I know what I intend to do. As long as I can be sinister, manipulative and even somewhat evil, I'll be happy.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed May 12, 2004 11:30 pm

Zaphier wrote: The "Item X" plan, as it seems to be called, gives both sides a reason to feel that they are doing something noble. However, it leaves very little space for a third party to slide in. I'm most interested in a third party, seeing as it would make everything very interesting. Unless the third party also wants the said item, which would make them no different from the other two parties, we have yet to decided a reason that they would compete against the other parties.

Regardless of how this plays out, I know what I intend to do. As long as I can be sinister, manipulative and even somewhat evil, I'll be happy.
I dont agree. 3 sides with item X as a goal could be VERY interesting. remeber item X as a goal isnt limited to claiming ownership of it.

side 3 (I think im side 3..not sure) could be out to destroy/protect item X

id like to allow room for a 3rd side while at the same time pretty much throwing out any chance of two sides forming an alliance against the the other.

I could see the reason item Z being created as a focal point for side 3, but if the other sides is trying to get item X I dont see why they should give any thought to item Z.

unless we somhow link the two items.

damn algebra.
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Thu May 13, 2004 1:16 am

I don't care how it works out. I just say we start.
Drayton
Enforcer

Post by Drayton » Thu May 13, 2004 3:04 am

B) I agree nothing is going to happen if we dont at least start something. damn y'all are almost as bad as me on the procrastinating part. Nevermind no one is as bad as me but this is taking forever.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu May 13, 2004 3:29 am

we're just trying to do it right. the original war was plagued with problems.

I was gonna start earlier today. but the pc crashed and i didnt feel like typing it all up again.
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Thu May 13, 2004 9:02 pm

I'm sort of hesitant to make the first post in the war, as my character's position in the war will rely on the other three sides, and their positions. I'm a bounty hunter, so I need to wait until I get hired by either of the three sides, or just anyone he can afford it.

I think that the leaders should be the ones to begin it, otherwise the rest of us won't know what to follow.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu May 13, 2004 9:36 pm

i'll do it as soon as i flesh out the leader character.

but dont wait on me.
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Thu May 13, 2004 9:38 pm

Yeah, I would jump into it, if I knew where to go. I think I'll wait a bit =P
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri May 14, 2004 11:11 am

I also agree that having 3 sides will work because well as much as Mike are playing about having a treaty in all honestly my character wouldn't go into a treaty/truce of any sort with a group who wished to obtain the same item as me. Unless I was going to doublecross their asses good.

I was thinking that prehaps Item X could lead to prehaps the discovery that their was more items needing to be procurred. ie it could be a map, book that leads to something/somewhere.

I wasn't really a big fan of a very powerful relic of somesort that everyone was going to fight over.

I'd start but I'd like to know what the third group is about.

My group the Vankin Organisation is pretty much explained in my Character profile. Once Mike has his character settled I'll get around to a recruitment thread I suppose. Let the people choose who they want to side with if at all.

Basically with my group you dont have to follow any sort of typecasting at all since the people who work there fall under many different types. Either/both of my councils need filling if anyone wants to be in on that. I also need a few henchmen/women.... etc
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Fri May 14, 2004 2:39 pm

go the Horizons route

In Horizons, you ca get a sword which lets you shape the world as you see fit, you are still constrained by the dynamics of the world like time and physics basically, you kick 10 times more ass and unless everyone else gangs up on you you're gonna stay top dog. things generally go your way.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 14, 2004 3:25 pm

my group, we'll call them barbarians for now...are tribal barbarians

they fight and compete amonst themselves for sport. Raid, pillage, plunder, etc. its like a genghis khan thing. only they use a mix of crude weapons and tech weapons, ride motorcycles, and the Khan is a woman with a badass helmet.

they live in tech cites built within caves and under the surface.
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Fri May 14, 2004 6:12 pm

So I suppose there's really only one other group that needs explaining now.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sat May 15, 2004 2:12 pm

That's fixed now.

I had to adjust and make my side less bad and more good.

Seems like I would be outstriped in the badness part if I didn't.