Lost relations..

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
BoboTheIceMan
Enforcer

Post by BoboTheIceMan » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:06 am

My mother has been wanting to look for a long lost relation of ours.. but my grandmother forbade her, not wanting her to while she was alive.. she gave my mum all the info she had on this person, which is quite old. And my mum now can do it.

Do any of you have relations that you never knew anything of but wanted to find them?

Would you try to look for them?

What would you say or do.

I mean.. how do you contact someone and say.. yeah.. I'm your lost so and so and blah blah.

Tell me please.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:50 pm

unknowns in the family tree are nothing new to me.
but I do have a more direct unkown. My mom has another sister somwhere. but theyve decided not to bother looking.

with the way my family tends to work out, I've got a sneaking suspicion that she's actually not unknown to us at all.

its more than likely that she's been part of the family the whole time, under the title of another relative. (cousin)

that wouldnt surprise me.
but I dont plan to do any digging into it either way, becuase she is probably clueless to it as well. and that could cuase a strong rift.
Last edited by kaos on Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akrid
Solider

Post by Akrid » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:46 pm

my biological father, I just know his name, and nobody else knows anything about him, my mom doesn't know anything else about him, just where he used to live.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:10 pm

My Mum bumps into a friend of hers and sees that she's got a boy of about 13 with her.

"Who's this? Some long lost son of yours? Hahaha."
"Errr. Yes actually."
"Oh!"

:lol:
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:20 pm

I know an aunt I wish I didn't know... does that count for anything?

my grandfather has a bunch of silings that I nor him know or care about... so yeah... that's about it
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:39 am

Akrid wrote:my biological father, I just know his name, and nobody else knows anything about him, my mom doesn't know anything else about him, just where he used to live.
me too dude

i have never met my real dad....nor do i want to anytime soon....after hearing ur case dude...i feel shitty for saying if i ever meet him ill break his legs in SO fucking many places i can count them
Akrid
Solider

Post by Akrid » Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:52 am

meh, I don't really care to see him that much, he obviously didn't want me that bad so I don't really see the point in meeting him. I do thank him though, because now if I were to find myself in the same position he was in 9 months and 18 years ago, I won't be a damn coward like him and disappear.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:47 pm

amen
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:58 pm

if you want to see em and suh, go ahead, track em down, if they aint intereseed then fair enough, seen as you aint been part of there lifes so much, either cos they didnt know, or werent interested

it happens to alot of folk, they drift apart and shit, havent seen my dad since i was 6 doesnt bother me much really

but yeah, if you want to try get in touch, if they dont want to know, dont be disheartened, nowt ventured, nowt gained aye
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:52 pm

A new relative comes up every so often in my family.

I mean, an aunt, uncle, cousin, whatever.
cenee
Enforcer

Post by cenee » Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:16 pm

I have 2 older brothers that I have just recently found. I've always known about them...but they had no clue that they had 2 baby sisters.

They were taken away from my mother (by their father) when they were just little guys. They grew up believing that their mother was dead. My mom searched for them for years and years but never came close to finding them. It turns out they were taken to Greece for a couple of years...then returned to the states where they couldn't have been more than 50 miles (tops) from their mother. As my brother Eric grew older he began to notice inconsistencies in his fathers stories... which eventually lead to the truth coming out and a search to find his mother was on. It took quite a few years before he was able to find anything relevant but eventually an internet search paid off. We all met for the first time in July 03, and now we're just one big happy family.
Narren7
Solider

Post by Narren7 » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:28 pm

I really don't know any of my family from my dads side.
I memorised names though. My mom made me.
And I made sure to go thru that huge list of names to anyone I ever met or tried dating to make damn sure I WAS'NT related to them. (GAG)

I don't really give much of a shit for any of my family other then my mother and my neice (more like my kid sister.)
I've got a half sister I grew up around and have always known about.
Then there's a bunch of bastard half sisters running around from my dad that we all just shrug off.

I don't have much of a family since my granma died.
She was the one that held it all together.
They all get together for christmas and thanksgiving and easter.
But My mom, me, and jax. We are'nt welcome.

My gramps (my dad's dad) was the only one that kept that family decent and in line after he died it all went to shit too.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:25 am

I have a brother and a sister i have never met,i would like to meet those,i met my dads mum,my grandma,on her deathbed...it feels weird not to bother me in the slightest...

iunno what i would say to them...at all...or when it'll be i'll meet them...

but i dont really think about them too much...in fact i had forgotten and then i saw cenee's post