Movies you seen Recently

The Silver screen, direct to dvd, web only, movie reviews and discussion.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:21 am

watched it the other day, it's not bad, kinda seemed to miss a gear change it stayed in neutral for most of the film

I'd watch if it was on but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it again.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:57 pm

even with Keira Knightly as the protagonist?

i'll take that as 'it's a renter'

rumor has it they make Domino out to be a lesbian (which she wasn't, and she was supposedly quite annoyed at that) any truth to that?
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:32 pm

More of a cock tease than a lesbian

she does get them out later though for a sex scene made the movie worth seeing imo but it never reached a higher level of awesomeness I reserve for really great films (i.e Nightwatch, well the ending to nightwatch anyway) I suppose being loosely based of real life they couldn't make it too extreme.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:09 am

What the hell is Domino made from?

The only Domino I know is part of an Xmen spin off book.
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:38 pm

Doom - Was a pretty good flick, and Eomer kicked some serious ass in it too. Only downside was that how they took the hero of all the games, and turned him into a bad guy in the movie, towards the end.

Ah well - good movie all around. And there's also a 5 or 6 minute clip of a first person view on Reaper (Eomer from LOTR), shootin' shit up, and using a chain-saw on one of the demons.

\m/
Scorn
Whelp

Post by Scorn » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:05 am

2 more tonight...

SAW 2!!!!!!!!!!!!- yup, i can't believe it. Truly. Well this is the most wanting movie of the year for me. And it really lived up. For starters YOU NEED TO SEE THE FIRST ONE. It's really closely related. It's much like the first, but with story! Good story to boot. Talk about gore! loved it. Don't have much time, try to talk more about it later but really. Overall: A-MAZ-ZING!

North Country- Very moving piece of work based on the true events that happend in a coal mine. Women that worked that were sexually harrased, not like "Hey babe, how about dinner" "Go kill yourself you fuck!" More like actually nasty things i really don't care to share. I thought it would have become more of a trial drama, but it really wasn't
Overall: One of the best Dramas, must of open mind
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:23 am

if you want gore mixed with a good story i'd recommend Sin City over Saw any day.

Just saw Corpse Bride. Tim Burton does it again!
Scorn
Whelp

Post by Scorn » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:53 pm

really? i wouldn't. It's just action that ends up messy, Saw is people killing themselves it very gross ways. It's a very differnet type of movie since it's not really scary, or a thriller. It's just, disturbeing
Renzoukuken
Enforcer

Post by Renzoukuken » Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:39 pm

Harry Potter and the goblet of fire.... Was ok I guess! I cant wait for narnia and Kong... ooooooo :D
Trigo
Solider

Post by Trigo » Thu Nov 24, 2005 6:49 am

Just watched FF7 Advent Child in Jap with english subs and ts very good can't wait till the english version comes out so i can understand it better.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Nov 24, 2005 12:31 pm

Watch the Brothers Grimm,

what shite it was too.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:06 pm

If you want to watch shit...

Watch what I watched.

Cinderella Story, watched it with my sister.

I think i killed braincells.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:21 am

chick flick, what do you expect an oscar-grade performance ?
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sun Dec 04, 2005 4:17 pm

Saw Doom the other night, can't say I was expecting much but it was shitter than I could ever possibly imagine it to be. The script is so bad it's worth watching because it becomes funny. I actually thought the Rock could act some before this film, but this shows he really can't. It's like watching children's television.

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. Well, I've seen the 1st, 2nd, and now 4th Harry Potter films. I liked the first, the second was rubbish, and this one is very good in parts, but gets let down by poor editing. I've been told by several people the third film is the best, guess I should watch it.

Mrs Henderson Presents. Not much to say about this apart from how great it is. Judi Dench and Bob Hoskins are perfect as usual, and I was hoping Will Young would suit his role in this, and he didn't let me down.

The Constant Gardener. Another fantastic piece of cinema albeit I found it very depressing. The acting and script are so good in this film the people feel like geuine real people, and that doesn't happen often enough in films.
April
Enforcer

Post by April » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:22 am

Just recently seen Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It was imo the best of the 4 thus far. Plus the guy that they had play Victor Crum was fricken hott as all hell. XD Very nice eye candy anyhow.

Erm other than that...waiting on Chronicles of Narnia to hit theatres. That looks fricken badass.