The Arena 2.0

Junk goes here, bitches.
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:06 pm

(OOC: Alright.... Since I didn't mention it in the rules as I should have, I'll let it go this time. But from this point on, you are no longer allowed to control another person's character besides basic reactions, which should be accurate to the person's personality.

Example - "......he found a nice ledge about 10 ft from the path....around 5 minutes later he was right,nova walked underneath him.taking his time,shin dived off the ledge knife in hand and drove it into novas shoulder,making him drop his guns,the desert eagle and the snipers rifle fly over the edge.....shin ..."

If you would have read my last post, I was planning an ambush on You. Therefore there would have been no reason to have me walking into yours. Additionally, take into account these nifty devices called holsters. They give you the wonderful advantage of keeping your firearms after you hit the ground. You simply can't ignore these things. From now on, this is a rule of the Arena.)
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:19 pm

*Nova ran away in pain....shins knife still stuck in his arm...as he ran he fired a few shots at shin,to cover his retreat....shin made a dim-witted dive near the cliff edge,sliding halfway down on his backside before becoming airborn.....shins body slumped to the bottom....seemly dead..then he moved a little...both had escaped with theire lifes...*

(Sorry...i didn't relise that would be breaking teh rules.....but now im knifeless...so its all good...and u could have had the eagle in yer hand...and i could have knocked the rifle of yer shoulders...but nevermind....sorry)
Last edited by Matt on Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:45 am

(OOC: don't get personal guys, but yes, even i forgot to notice that little bit....and for such personalized bullshit....fear must be put in you all.)

*somewhere high in the treetops above, wc took aim with his plasma caster the triangular laser beam settling on a boulder to nova's right not but a few inches from his head exploded in shards as a blast slammed into it and then another sent a pile of rocks flying upwards near shin's feet before the area went silent once more and the only thing that could be heard was their heavy breathing for a few moments before a mighty roar echoed across the cliffside*

(OOC: no making it personal or the ref gets to play)
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:31 am

Nova didn't understand how his ambush could have went so bad. He had everything set up right, but it all went to shit before his very eyes. That certainly wouldn't happen again. And someone was stalking him too. Being a master tracker, Nova knew he should have seen them. The only explanation was some sort of cloaking device, like the light-bending device that the CIA supposedly had in development.

Tending to his wounds, he stimmed the area around the knife, taking away a large amount of the pain while keeping the limb functional. Taking the knife out with a single uncaring jerk, Nova quickly wrapped the area in high-tensile bandaging that would both keep the wound clean, and protect him from any cheap shots like a punch to the shoulder.

Watching the moon slowly glide across the sky, Nova moved on. Cautiously he made his way back to the site of the showdown earlier. Switching to thermal scan he looked over the side of the cliff, having found no evidence of his prey above. Down below he saw a form resting up against the cliff face, making some motion, but not much. Nova's guess would be they were tending to wounds like he recently had been, or some other minute action.

Nova was about to drop an explosive, and perform a somewhat messy coup de grace, when he heard some movement from behind him. His eagle was in hand in a moment aiming into the darkness behind him. He saw a red flash leap across his thermal scan to land right in front of him. Nova's hand flew up to his face, jerking the goggle off. But once they were off, he knew his eyes were playing tricks on him. Nothing was there. Carefully placing the thermal goggles back, he looked around, but whatever had been there was gone.

Thinking again, he knew something had to have been there. Whatever it was, it seemed to be leaving him alone. Turning back the to cliff, and the figure below, Nova took out a small device with pistons and rope connected to the center, and pressed down on it while holding it to the ground. Silently, a spike slid into the ground, anchoring the rope securely.

Silently Nova crept down the side of the cliff, taking in everything, but reading no thermal images beside a few small ones all around from forest animals and the one below him.

When Nova was about 30 to 40 feet above Shin, he suddenly leapt down, having already switched his goggles to light enhancement. Landing on the injured man feet first, driving his boots into the man's chest, he shoved off into a roll, coming up to bear with his eagle. However, the counterattack was expecting too much. He had severely injured Shin, who was already crippled from his fall off of a cliff.

Getting to his feet, Nova went over to Shin, who was obviously in a large amount of pain. He was struggling to get to his feet, but several cracked ribs and a broken leg and arm as Nova could tell in a glance were going to make that especially difficult.

"Should have brought a gun at least, friend." Nova said sincerely.

Shin tried to get up and attack Nova, but fell back with a cry. His good arm went to his chest.

"Yeah, you're pretty fucked up." Nova thought a moment. "Tell ya what. Since I'm a nice guy, I'll leave you with an option. I'm going to set up proximity explosion system around your little camp here. Leave the area, and you'll be torn to shreds by several different explosions. Big explosions, enough to leave you in horrible pain for hours before you die, but not enough to kill you. However, I will leave you here with a gun, and you can choose to take the coward's way out." Nova paused, letting it soak in.

"How does that sound?"

Shin thought for a moment, fire in his eyes, then finally, reluctantly, nodded.

"Good." Nova stated.

Then he got to work. It took him a good 20 minutes, but finally all of the mines were set up. Each was rigged with a private proximity radius, as well as the linked lines and trip wires. Anti-tamper systems made it impossible to undo the trap, which made a perfect box around Shin's prone form, and waited for Nova's code interaction on his pad.

Nova tossed Shin one of his sidearms. As expected, he attempted to shoot Nova with it, but the gun wouldn't work. In frustration he slammed it to the ground.

"It's electronically controlled, and won't be activated until I'm far away, I'm afraid." Nova informed the battered Shin as he lay before him.

"Anyway, I'm off." With that, Nova glided off into the forest, activating the mines behind him.

Shin sat there, his only company the gun. A few minutes later the gun clicked, showing that it was active. Shin could have cried.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:27 am

*watching from the cliffside above keeping his cloaked form hidden just enough at the side of a boulder, wc had his mask recorder system on and listened in on what was said filtering through bits and pieces on playback but singling in on one phrase most importantly, "Yeah, you're pretty fucked up." and continued to play this over and over on playback albeit a little distorted as he watched nova vanish into the forest before he glanced back down at shin's heat signature laying motionless within the booby-trapped area. this game was over as far as ref status went and to the victor went the greatest spoil of the hunt, a fight to the death with another opponent....

....taking precise aim with his triangular laser beam, wc locked onto one of the mines and fired a single shot from his plasma caster and a cacophony of explosions lit off afterwards mortally wounding shin, and quickly he took a single bound from his perch atop the cliffside and landed with a resounding thump on the rocks below where shin could see a shimmering visage then a spear extended out of thin air before it was driven through his chest in a single thrust, taking from him his final breathe. wc went to work at removing his skull and spinal column and began ritually cleaning them as a trophy, whilst he left his recorder system online incase anyone tried to sneak up on him from a distance....*

(OOC: This is how a victor is and shall be determined after a fight progresses for too long or something happens which the other party cannot manage to get out of even if they were around....referees will always have final say over who dies and lives...also on a final note, the refs may choose if they fight a victor or not or wait till there is only one victor left....or should i say...hunt them. hehehehe)
Last edited by WildCard on Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoboTheIceMan
Enforcer

Post by BoboTheIceMan » Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:41 am

*Sitting back in the stands, watching the entire event on his own private screen, bobo applauds, Having seen Nova's victory, and the unseen events afterwards. Picking up his gear, he walks back to see who the next contestants are, and how long it would take for Nova to recover from his injuries.*

"Poor Shin, he didn't stand a chance after that fall..." *Says a Blonde Woman to Bobo's right as he heads past.*
"Oh quite, though.. it was sporting of Nova to give him a form of mercy.." *The man beside her, quipped, nodding solomly.*

"I wonder how thoes explosives got set off, and how they cut out the cameras.." *A bearded man inquires from his companion who only shrugs in responce. That causes Bobo a private smile, as he makes his first stop off at the john.*

(OOC: Congrats Nova, Sorry Shin, there is always next time. If at first you don't suceede.. run and hope they don't chase. :D Hey mike.. I can do it when I get back.. but what about placing a Score Board in the Topic post.. I'm thinking Just wins. What about you?)
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:13 pm

*...wandering through the treetops with a new human skull attached to his shoulder belt, wc remains hidden high above as he continues following nova's blood-trail replaying, "Yeah, you're pretty fucked up." over his mask communication link this time a bit more clearer than previously distorted. upon reaching a rather dense area that is covered below with bushes, wc halts and surveys around flipping through different modes on his mask and spots a thermal trace heading off in a different direction as if it were hunting something or someone.

wc zoomed in and switched to normal mode on the mask seeing that it was nick, and piecing it together; he must be searching for adok. taking a brief moment to rest and admire his skull on his shoulder belt, wc watched nick progress further on his path.*

(OOC: you got it bobo....it'll be damn amusing for a scoreboard...i'll start it after this match is over)
Last edited by WildCard on Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:19 pm

*koshi eventualy caught up with adok, he switched his ammo drum for the explosive rounds and brought out his second pistol, identiacal to the first, a quick guess as to where adok was, and he flipped the safety off, and let a withering hail of explosive projectiles erupt forthripping thorugh the leaves, impacting on trees and rocks, blowing them apart, trees fell, rocks charred, and the firing ceased, and adok popped up a little fo the left, looking from his spot to the decimated 200 meters or so to the side*

ah fuck!
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:30 pm

"dumb fuck you should learn how to shoot"

*adok ran at koshi drawing two automatic pistols as he ran and pepering koshi with more than a few successfull hits. koshi brought his own gun to bear but adok managed to dodge the rounds easily which exploded harmlessly behind adok. within mere seconds adok was close enough to kshi to land a good uppercut which combined with the force of teh run knocked him to his back. before koshi could get up adok pinned him down with his foot*

"dont get up on my acount"

*koshi screamed in agony as adok placed a single round in each of koshis joints leaving him imobile and stripping him of all his weapons, but giving him his combat blade back, adok walked away seemingly mergingin with the suroundings just meters away. koshi stared up at teh treetops wondering how he was going to get out of this one*
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:25 pm

*jumping to another tree, wc was still cloaked when he looked down at the injured nick and tilted his head slightly as the shimmering affect of his cloaking was caught in a small ray of sunlight that reflected just enough for nick to see the outline of his form above. with a single bound, he landed with a thud not but a few feet away from nick and glanced in the direction adok had headed in before extending his wrist blades and to nick they seemed to pop out of thin air before the forest was filled with a loud scream that both adok and nova could hear as it echoed across the area.

gaining a second skull trophy after he cleaned it off and hung the body up with shin's in a remote area dangling in the air by their ankles whilst he skinned them both for raw meat. a few hours had past, his stomach more settled with dinner in it, he switfly went back to his tree tops and began searching out nova's and adok's trails to see if they had engaged eachother in combat*
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:46 pm

*staling through the forest adok was completely aware of all his surroundings. he walked along a trail in hunt of a prey but he knew he was also being hunted. he had heard slight cracks and noises from the trees above, thanks to an advanced hearing aid placed within his own ear. adok place the ocasional limpit proximity mine under the bark of a few trees but to no avail what ever was hunting him was clever but still he never let on that he knew he was being hunted.
there was a loud crack up above and a tree branch fell to the ground within an instant adok had thrown a short fuse granade into the tree. with an explosion that lit up the forest a body flikered into to veiw and fell to the ground only to dissapear seconds later. adok set of at arun whatever it was that had that kind of tech he didnt want to fuck with*
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:57 am

Nova silently watched the man freak out at some unseen thing at a range of over 700 feet through the scope of his MSG90. Whoever this new enemy was, he seemed to be a nut, randomly flinging explosives into the air. Nova, from his far off vantage point in a tree, tracked the man with his crosshairs as he took off across the forest floor at a run, darting between trees with skill and precision.

Taking aim, Nova fired off a single round. It took the man in the left shin, shattering the bone and flinging him to the ground in an audible cry of anguish. Now unable to walk or stand on his left leg, he would have some trouble moving around.

"Perfect."
Last edited by Nova on Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:15 am

*observing the whack job take a shot to his leg and go down, wc climbed another tree to the canopy above and zoomed in with his mask trying to search out the heat signature of the sniper in the distance. due to the high sun beating down he picked up various things like birds and animals on the ground that nearly made him lose track of the one that went down from the shot itself.

taking a few moments to switch through image fields, he spotted the sniper off in the vast distance up in a tree, seemingly ready to switch positions so as not to be found by it's prey. it didn't take long before wc started his playback system on his mask again, listening to "Yeah, you're pretty fucked up." over and over again as he began moving towards the halfway point between the sniper and it's prey*
Last edited by WildCard on Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
BoboTheIceMan
Enforcer

Post by BoboTheIceMan » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:06 am

*Having left the restroom, looking completly different from when he entered and no longer carring his bag, he headed off to check the standings. Nodding in sastisfaction, he walks out into the Arena. Standing in the light, he's seen dressed in light boots, dark pants that seem to be shifting colours from a black to dark green and have weird patches on them that stick off, his shirt normal looking up to the arms where a short sleeved shirt would normally end this one has fabric that twists down the arms right against the skin and end at a mixed cuff and fingerless glove, and a long cloak ontop of it all, with a bulge under the back, where it appears a bag is. Between the cloak and shirt appears to be three leather bands, two making an X across his body and one going around his stomach along with a belt on his waist. On the bands, the fabric stips on his arms, and under his cloak are visibal tubes of various things, some changing colours, some appearing to be empty, others solid in colour and more just solid.*

"Time to see things.. up close and personal."

*Bobo grins and grabs a vial from his back hip and thumbs the top off, the substance in it, turning to a gas and covering his body hiding him from sight and the mist settles to the ground and becomes harder to see and strangly.. moves against the breeze and into the forest.*
adok
Solider

Post by adok » Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:33 pm

*adok administers a blood clotting agent to his shin and pulling out a small medi kit. he set about creating a splint for his leg. he tied two sticks to his leg with straps of webbing and took a strong painkiller to stop the pain. he reached into his coat and pulled out a black case that had been strapped to his back under the coat. he pulled out the components of his custom stripped dot fifty cal sniper rifle. with a heat regognition scope. after constructing the rifle he loaded it with a single hollow point depleted unranium incindary shell. he took aim sighting the figure in the tree through the scope. adok pulled the triger and watched through the scope the shot detonated early about half way beetween himself and his target. how could he have missed he had a clear shot. adok stood and limped towards where the shot had hit, upon arrival adok was horrified to find the body of somthing utterly alien a corpse almost seven feet with no head lay dead on the forest floor. adok was quick to recognise it as the creature he had seen for a split second just minutes before.*