Aura Wars

Junk goes here, bitches.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon May 17, 2004 10:40 pm

She sat lazily in the oversized throne, draping her legs over its arm and letting her feet dangle just above the cold marble floors. The room was illuminated only by the dim candlelight and the iridescent glow of the monitor on the east wall.

She had become bored and had nearly drifted to sleep within the throne. Had it not been for the sound of an awkward sneeze coming from beneath the large chair, she would have already been napping. She hung herself upside-down in the throne, and peered under it to find a young pup curled up comfortably under it.

The dogs were allowed to roam freely about the Spire. They were sacred animals in the Alkerite teachings. The hybrid spawn of the noble Wolf, who commanded the light, and the ignoble Jackal, who was the bringer of the dark, all fused into one sole entity.

This one must have found its way into her chambers and assumed an allergy to the incense that filled the atmosphere of the room.

?Are you an omen of something pleasant?? she playfully asked the cub.

Not a second later, the voice of a blurted over the intercom.
?My sovereign, your presence is needed at once.?

?Nay, you are the harbinger of wayward tidings.?

Public appearances called for formal attire, the heavy armor of the Kahn.
She swiftly equipped her suit, and garnished it with an armored crown. Before leaving her quarters she pulled a most favored sword from marble floor. It had only been a week since she?d rested it there.

The harbinger followed close behind her as she exited the room. Admittedly she was looking forward to whatever bad news was in store.

OOC: I went ahead and started. I didn?t get too much in detail cuzz I?m not sure what sure what exactly the deal with the stones is yet, so I didn?t mention them. I left lots of room for whatever happens in the future though. Also, this is the leader character obviously. I?m starting out with her until everything is laid out and ready, at which point I?ll shift to my other character who will no doubt be more interactive with the stones than this one.
Anyway, I tried to make the post as harmless to the future as possible.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Wed May 19, 2004 2:48 am

The day was stormy, and many people had gone into the bar for refuge from the rain. It had become incredibly crowded over the past few hours, yet one corner of the building was amazingly empty. It was little wonder too, for the one person in that part of the building was a towering giant of a man, and almost completly hidden beneath a voluminous cloak. only two red eyes were visible in the depths of the hood, and the man appeared to be crouched uncomfortably, for it was obvious that no chair would hold his weight, and he did not like the closeness of the ceiling of the building. and yet he remained there, seeming to have been waiting. for what no one knew. then, without reason or warning, the man turned and made for the exit.

a path cleared before him, no one wanted to be in his way. when he arrived at the door, he stopped and glanced around the room. then he opened the door and walked out. as he left a flash of lightning struck in the distance, and he dissapeared from view. the doors closed, but were unheard as thunder shrowded all other sounds.

The massive person walked down the empty street. the rain soaked through his cloak quickly, but bothered him little. the man walked until he came to the edge of town, then leapt up and over the wall, which was barely taller then him.

OOC: ok, so it was a useless post, but i don't exactly have much to work with yet.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Wed May 19, 2004 4:56 am

The breeze was light against his back as he stared down the hillside at the town off in the distance. His eyes pierced the very darkness that shrouded the distance between him and the lights of the town. His leather jacket was unzipped and his two pistols could be seen if one looked close enough whenever the wind whipped his jacket around in the breeze.

Taking one final glance at the town before turning back towards the two men with hoods pulled tightly to conceal their faces and their own jackets lightly being blown about from the wind waited for his signal. He sized them up before waving them off as he wandered off to his jeep. before he started up the engine he heard them all say in unison, "For The Order!". as they stealed through the night and headed down the hillside towards the town on their mission, he shook his head at such blind faith. If the rest of the world was like that, he'd have things far easier than what he did but sadly, the world was filled with just as many blind fools as it was filled with intelligent and devious people such as himself.

For now though, his plans for this fringe town were just beginning and soon it's people would either know a new form of a freedom or utter chaos. He drove off in the opposite direction his thoughts dwelling on the past like usual. "soon i shall have my revenge on them all....", his words almost echoed through the interior of the vehicle with such vibrant hate forcing them out.

OOC: I'm close to finishing up on the legend bit like i told lesley i'd work on over the weekend and until i got it finished. once she gets on and i can show her what i got and see what she thinks and we figure out what all we're gonna do with it, hopefully we'll have it posted up here in a day or two so we can progress this story.
Last edited by WildCard on Wed May 19, 2004 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Thu May 20, 2004 2:13 am

Cecil brushed off his black duster. The desert climate was causing his coat to be uncomfortable hot. He cursed himself for taking this most recent job; but money is money, and money was something he needed a lot of.

He lazily let his right arm to swing back and forth as he walked. In each hand he held a shotgun, the right dangling at his side as his arm swung casually, and the other slung over his shoulder. All day he had been walking across the barren wasteland.

Sand blew across the desert floor, brushing over his black leather boots. He sighed apprehensively as he looked about him. At any moment he expected an ambush. He was paranoid like that, always waiting for someone to jump out at him. His paranoia, however, had saved him many times, as it kept his senses alert at all times.

His path was slowly becoming more and more tedious to cross. Rocks and boulders littered the area about him. Large formations of sandstone rose all around. Various desert plants edged the structures of stone.

He turned his head slightly when he thought he heard a sound, but soon he tuned out what he assumed to be a slight rustle of the few plants that were present. However, his attention was once again diverted as he heard another soft rustling.

He stood still, holding both of his shotguns. Cocked them both, jerking them up and down quickly and then through them in the air, catching them again as he spun around. As soon as he had grabbed his weapons, both guns flared into action.
His opponent who had been behind him fell to the ground as the gunfire ripped into his shins, shattering the bones. He cried out in pain as he writhed on the ground. Cecil approached him, setting his shotguns handing from the straps at his waist. Kneeling down next to the would-be assassin, Cecil raised the man?s head to face him.

?Greeves sent you?? he questioned, though it was more a statement. The man spat at the ground in front of Cecil. Nodding to himself, Cecil stood up and held one shotgun to the back of the man?s knee.

?You know, I understand that the back of one?s knees is one of the worst places to be shot. The blast rips off your kneecap. It?s supposed to be excruciatingly painful?? Cecil said as he raised a cigarette to his mouth with his other hand.

?You?re wasting your time,? the man spat back, still squirming on the ground.

?Am I?? Cecil asked. Then he stepped on the man?s back, grinding him into the barren earth. As he raised a lighter to his cigarette, he pulled the trigger. The sound of gunfire echoed around the rocks, soon followed by the man?s terrible scream.

?Ready yet?? Cecil queried, still grinding the man into the ground. There was no response. He quickly pushed the barrels of his shotgun against the man?s other leg. Sweat began to run down his enemy?s brow.

?Okay, suit yourself,? Cecil said and shrugged.

?Wait, wait!? the man shouted. Satisfied, Cecil removed his foot from his opponent?s back and knelt next to him once more.

?Alright, where?s Greeves?? Cecil?s comment was right to the point, as was his nature. He didn?t enjoy discussing various factors that, in the end, turned out to be unimportant and useless.

?Greeves? is in a town to the west. Small little place? the hotel and bar, the Empty Bucket,? the man replied quickly. Cecil tipped an imaginary hat at his opponent and then pointed his shotgun to the man?s forehead. He pulled the trigger and there was the sickening sound of shattering bones.

Cecil stepped back from the body once again set his shotgun at the strap on his waist. Turning to the west, he began to march, now with a purpose. Vultures began to swoop in from the skies behind him, landing to feast upon the corpse.

[OOC] I think I ran a bit long. =P
Last edited by Zaphier on Thu May 20, 2004 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Loki

Post by Loki » Fri May 21, 2004 3:27 pm

Greeves was in his private room in the empty Bucket. Three women were with him in a bed. The women were feeding him grapes and drinks of all sorts. Greeves was a tall muscular man, who always had a cigar. Brown hair was being fiddled with by the girls as they giggled. Greeves furrowed his eyebrows as there was a knock on the door. ?What!?? he said angrily.

Two large henchmen with guns opened the large doors and walked in with a man beside them. ?Rhi Sung Hung, sir.?

?Leave.? Greeves signaled to the women and the henchmen. A man walked in, a katana was sheathed at his waist. He wore a kenpo and gi that hid katals on the side of his arms. Two wakizashis were hanging from his back.

Greeves took a puff of his cigar, blowing the smoke leisurely out of his mouth towards Rhi Sung Hung. Rhi breathed the smoke in and continued to walk towards Greeves, who was now standing to full height. Greeves stature made Rhi look like a shrimp.

?Mercenary. I always need another bodyguard. The more the merrier. You?ll get paid by the hour, and will always receive your share of money at the end of the week.? Greeves snapped his fingers and the two henchmen walked in with 3 bags of coins and such. ?Will this do??

Rhi looked back at the bags of money, ?Yes.? Rhi soon left out of the own private room walking by the wenches and whores that were once in Greeves room. He went downstairs to get a drink, then went back upstairs and waited.

?Watch that damn shinobi boys or it?s your ass!? Greeves exclaimed. The two bodyguards bowed and left, letting the women come back in to have their fun. Rhi sat on his uncomfortable bed that squeaked and smelled of urine. It was unbearable for him but he needed money, and there was always work involved when trying to gain money. He got off of his bed and looked around. A small window showed the entering of the town; cracks were all around the room. Rhi felt uncomfortable in this distant land from where he once lived. His homeland was nice, and always warm. Now his work constantly brought him to strange, unwelcoming places.

Rhi went over the creaky door and left. Going down the stairs he saw the two henchmen laughing at him, their guns still in their hands. Rhi walked out the front doors and walked around on the dirt roads. It was now turning murky, darkness started to fill the sky. Rain began to dispense down slowly, and then gradually plummeted faster.
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Sat May 22, 2004 11:39 pm

The town was small and rundown. Buildings were old and unkempt, the roads littered with stones and weeds. Everything seemed to be slowly dying, rotting away to nothing. Everything here was like out of an old western movie. It was as if he were stepping back in time. Cecil, however, did not care. He continued to walk through the town, not even acknowledging the town?s existence as he stared ahead blankly and walked down the main street.

His first reaction was to spot the hotel known as the Empty Bucket, the hotel and bar that he had been told of earlier. He stopped before it and looked around, surveying it. After a moment he stepped in, throwing the swinging doors out of his way. The saloon was fairly empty. Only a couple of men sat at the tables and counter, sipping their ale. Two larger men stood at the door. They were dressed smartly in suits and ties. Small earphones were plugged into their ears. Each held a pistol in one hand.

?I have a message for William Greeves,? Cecil said to the bartender, ?Could you direct me to his room?? The bartender glanced at the two men standing guard.

?Mr. Greeves? said he wished not to be disturbed?? the bartender replied shakily. Cecil saw the two men approaching him out of the corner of his eye.

?Wrong answer,? Cecil replied to the bartender and turned to face the two men approaching him. He leaned against the counter, waiting as they took their sweet time approaching him.

?Can I help you, boys?? Cecil asked as he took a cigarette to his lips and lit it. He still held his lighter in hand, flicking the top open and closed, causing a constant clank of metal. The two guards stopped before him, and crossed their arms behind their backs. They looked very professional, though they stuck out like a sour thumb.

?We suggest you scram, or there will be trouble,? the first one spoke. The second one nodded. Cecil shrugged as he pocketed his lighter.

?I?ll take the trouble,? Cecil said. As the two glanced at each other, slightly confused, Cecil pushed himself from the counter and grabbed the two shotguns hanging at his sides. He held them by pumps. He cocked them and then tossed them into the air, catching them and firing one into each of them. They went flying backwards, crashing onto tables and chairs.

There were screams and soon the saloon was emptied. Cecil quickly set his shotguns on the straps that connected to his waist. He turned around to tip his imaginary hat to the bartender when he noticed the bartended now held a shotgun pointed at him.

Quickly, Cecil reached within his duster to his pistol and then raised it. He did this with great speed and skill and then pointed the weapon at the bartender, who was shaking in fear. One shot. There was no sound for a while. The bartender continued to shake until. He dropped his gun and ran when he realized the bullet had shot right through his hat.

Satisfied, Cecil set his gun in its holster with his duster and continued up the stairs. He walked down the hall, putting his ear against each door. He listened, silence, silence, silence and then a moan at the fourth door. Standing a back a ways, he held his pistols ready again and kicked the door open.

It flew off his hinges, clattering to the ground. Cecil stepped in to see a plump old man with two girls in his bed. They were obviously whores and they were clad in only their lingerie. Cecil titled his head over his shoulder, motioning to them to leave. They took the hint and quickly dashed out of the room, leaving their clothes behind. Greeves sat up in bed, clutching the sheets around him.

?William Greeves?? Cecil questioned. The man in the bed nodded. He appeared awfully confident for someone who had two guns pointed in his direction. It was at that moment that Cecil heard a slight shuffle behind him. Just as a blade was pulled against his throat, he held one pistol back, holding it at the temple of the man who had snuck up behind him.

The two stood like this for a moment, until both spun away from each other. Cecil began firing right as he turned around, but his attacker nimbly weaved and dodged through the hail of bullets. The man leapt forward at him, brandishing twin wakizashis. Cecil stepped aside as the two blades nearly ripped his flesh. He quickly turned, ignoring the attacker and fired at Greeves. Two bullets pierced his chest and blood splashed from the entrance wounds.

The dying Greeves began to sputter blood as he slunk forward, his face becoming pale and his body cold. Cecil turned to face the man who had attacked him, but he now stood still, with his weapons carefully sheathed at his sides. He was motionless, but his eyes watched Cecil intently.

?Done so soon?? Cecil taunted. The man did not react.

?No fun,? Cecil continued before he began to leave the room, he turned at the door and with a smirk said, ?Well, c?ya ?round. I?ve got places to go, people to kill.? With that, he left the room, leaving the black clad assassin to his own devices.
Dark Shine

Post by Dark Shine » Sun May 23, 2004 7:59 am

Jasen couldn't help but giggle as the Orders vehicles came closer to the small town. He always enjoyed raids, mainly due to the amount of havoc he could cause. Oh yes much merriment would be had this night. He settled himself down into the back of the truck and went to sharpening his sword. He'd had it for a few years now, using it mainly to torture prisoners and maim everyone else. It never really needed sharpening, though nervous looks from the trucks other occupants made him chuckle. Sharpening it simply kept him from cutting someone open with it. He loved that sound people made as they were cut open like a side of beef, a mixture of gurgling and screeching. He'd only seen two men die well, both simply gasping as the blade tore open their chests. He laughed again as the memory came to mind, those two having been the most messy. He slid the blade back into it's make shift sheath on his back and set to cleaning his guns. One way or another he meant to have fun. Cackling loudly Jasen hardly noticed the pale faced men and women in the truck around him. Fun it was.

OOC: not to break the trend or anything.. oh yeah keep in mind he's a psycho so if you find some of the things I say disturbing I'm doing it right.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Mon May 24, 2004 3:36 pm

McCullson was exhausted with sweat, her military clothes were getting torn barbed wire and rumiging around the dirt. It reminded her of the pictures she had seen of The Great War. Coughing and spluttering she held onto her bayonet and letting go of it for a second. She heard Lietenant Bailey behind her.

"Private McCullson get back up and go to the trench I'll take it from here!" shouted Bailey.

She had to obey the Lieutenant. She wriggled under the barbed wire to go back. She had deja vu that she was in the first world war. But this wasn't a war like anything else. A war to possibly end all wars. McCullson called it Ragnorak in her personal opinion. Yet she was sent out by her Aunt with no questions asked. No one answered her questions. No one at all. Why was she so oblivious to all this? There must be a reason why.

McCullson heard a bang just 2 feet behind her. She grabbed hold tight of her helmet for sheer life. She was near the trenches and all the men had gone away from it. She stood up after 10 minutes of overcoming the shock. As she looked aorund dead bodies were all around her. The smell mixed with the sheer herror made her physically sick. The enemies had even blown themselves up. It was the barbed wire that had saved McCullson.

With terror in her eyes McCullson threw her bayonet away and ran. Ran for dear life out of the fields. Escaping was too easy then she had hoped for. Everyone was dead. She didn't stop running either, she wouldn't to be out of this place....for good.
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Mon May 24, 2004 9:46 pm

Artemis sat in one of the darker corners off the tavern, gently tapping his hand against the hard table surface. Three days had he waited for the message notifying him that the men had finally assembled, ready to move out and claim the prize Artemis had so long sought. But due to an alarming amount of activity from the Alkerite, he had been unable to move troops by any passage but the near abandoned underground passages that crisscrossed this country.

At that moment, a rather burly looking man holding a shock club dropped into the seat across from him. He looked like a hired hand, and likely was hired by someone hoping his purse would yield more than the job costed. Although, it probably had to be a hitman with a good record, else the purse would go to him. Then again, that wasn't an option either.

"I was told to find a man with your appearance in this tavern and take you outside to meet someone." the man glanced to the door. Artemis quickly looked to the mirror behind the bar, and saw 3 men in dark coats and wide brimmed hats waiting at the doorway.

He had misjudged. This was obviously a calculated attempt to assassinate him without Kane knowing about it. The leader of The Order would get extremely pissed to learn his top general was dead. Always choose your ground. Artemis decided this was the perfect spot. Suddenly he stood up, and the hired hand, expecting an escape, swung at him with the club. Artemis met the blow gracefully with his left shock gauntlet, causing the electrical charge from the club to rebound and double over on it's wielder, causing the man himself to fall to the ground writhing. Artemis finished him from a calculated swing from his Phase Blade, neatly severing the man's head from his shoulders.

At the same moment, he ducked down and rolled across the floor, just in time to avoid the barrage of machine gun fire unloaded on the spot he had just been. The tavern was in an absolute uproar now, people screaming and rushing out the doors. The men unloaded another salvo on his new location, forcing him to roll again, getting behind a table. Artemis responded by unleashing his own magnificent bolt pistol. Three slugs, and it was all over. Artemis ran for the door, bringing his sword clean through the expected reinforcement, sending the man's upper torso sprawling with his feet still standing. Where were the damn troops?!

As if in answer, several men leaped out of a transport vehicle, shouting to stay in formations. From the gun fire, Artemis could assume that the enemy was stronger out there than is was in here, and that instant the transport unloaded heavy machine gun fire off to the left with its supporting guns. Suddenly several more transports pulled up, followed by tank with a mounted missle system. Yes, indeed the calvary had arrived.

An officer of The Order ran up to him, giving the formal salute.

"Sir, the local resistance appears to be in complete retreat, shall we pursue, sir?"

Artemis considered that for a moment. They couldn't be that much of a problem to his purpose here, but you could never trust the attacked to not get the courage to retaliate.

"Kill them all, no quarter." He said with a wicked grin. Blood was going to run today, and all for the better. The screams from the prisoners as they were effectively executed on the spot suited his mood perfectly.
Last edited by Nova on Mon May 24, 2004 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue May 25, 2004 12:01 am

Somewhere On the Otherside of the Continent in a remotely forested area

Kane slowly pulled his jeep to a halt at the gate and glared at the guard posted. He quickly gave a crisp salute and opened the gate allowing Kane to drive through. as the jeep continued on across the small compound he pulled to a stop and shut the engine off right across from a barracks. he stepped out of the jeep, the sun shining high overhead in the late afternoon. he looked towards the forested area encircling the compound and briefly listened to some birds chirping off in the distance.

a colonel stepped out of the barracks and headed towards kane and after a salute he held out a manila folder to his leader. kane took the folder and opened it briefly glancing at the identification papers and other amenities of the contents. "any word from general artemis?", kane tossed the folder into his jeep as the colonel adjusted his cap, "not yet sir, the troops did get sent to rendevous with him though and some reports placed possible hostiles tracking his movements. as to who those agents following him are, we don't have any information as of yet. could be the alkerite or even some company mercs from that damn vankin organization..."

kane glanced up slowly removing his sunglasses and stared at the colonel, "they don't know anything about us other than the possibility of our existence. if they pry any further than what they have, you get word to artemis to send them a message with my regards. we're too close now to our goals, we can't let them or anyone else stand in our way. now, you know everything else which i explained to you days ago....carry out your orders to the letter. once you've destabilized this entire area, fade out and start somewhere else. i haven't much more time left here, and things to finish. best of luck to you colonel felix."

with that kane got back in his jeep with the colonel giving a final salute as he drove off towards the docks at the edge of a river and proceeded to drive the vehicle onto a rather small sized hovercraft that once it was completely boarded began it's slow takeoff and headed down the river out towards the ocean.

kane himself had made his way to the fore of the hovercraft and glanced out looking over the passing wooded areas and the distant ocean off in the horizon. soon his plans would be falling into place and the players would be on the field in the exact spots he was expecting or at least most of them anyways. the light breeze he felt across his face as the hovercraft made it's way further down river nearly put him to sleep......

OOC: This will be the last post i make here for quite some time guys, for those of you in the order, carry things out and get those damn jewels. hopefully by the time i return and start posting again, you'll either have them or this will all be over. anyways, have fun with things and good luck to you all.
Last edited by WildCard on Tue May 25, 2004 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nova
Trainee

Post by Nova » Tue May 25, 2004 2:20 am

Artemis set down his drink, and took up the pen again. Making a circle around the city on the map gave him a certain satisfaction. Yet another city completely under his control. Unfortunately it was a short lived victory, as he was required by strict protocol to move the entire force out of the city and away from the retributive defenders of this pathetic mudhole. The Order of the Iron Fist was a myth, a name put to any mercenary band ruthless enough to sack a city. However, the elusive Order was indeed real. And that same Order was packing up an moving out.

"Sir!"

The man stood in the doorway with rigid formality. Artemis allowed no slackers in his personal regiment. The rest of the army was well trained, but nothing like the elite Death Guard. The Death Guard was personally trained to handle troops, thus effectively throwing morale and leadership among the ranks of the general forces. Well versed in tactics and complex battle manuevers, they were good in combat, but trained specifically to lead.

"What is it, Corporal?" Artemis set down the map. 17 red circles covered the paper... and yet they hadn't come close yet to finding the object they were on the search for. At least there was no chance of discovery. He had made sure of that, carefully planning to arrive in certain places at certain times in order to coordinate with other events to make it seem as though all these attacks were by any ordinary mercenary hoarde in a troubled land.

"Sir, the men are ready to move out. The fire charges are set, and the mobile sections are loaded and prepared to enter the tunnels on your command."

"Good work. Tell the men to move out, I'll meet them in Alantara in one week."

One week should be sufficient for any stories to subside before another raid. Artemis grabbed his cloak up, and tossing the warp shell down to the ground, he was surrounded by arcing energy for a moment before disappearing. The corporal hurriedly rushed from the tavern, shouting for everyone to move on and for the backguard to light the fire charges.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Tue May 25, 2004 2:37 am

Thanatos glanced around. he had been walking for only a few hours when he heard voices from the trees and brush on either side of the path. it took just a moment for them to ork up the courage to attack what thery saw to be a massive wanderer. the fools hoped for riches.. they got something much worse.

A shimmer of steel, and the man threw off his cloak. the bandits stopped dead in their tracks. what they thought to be a peaceful wanderer turned out to be a twelve foot tall wall of their deaths. Blades flashed as several of the bandits attacked at once. with a spin, Thanatos batted the men away like so many flies. He realized suddenly that he'd let one get to close, when he felt a small scratch on his leg. turning his head, he saw a man with an axe pulling back for another swing. before he had the chance, Thanatos exhaled, spewing flames over the man, who died in agony.

then, a final man appeared from the grove. he was a large man, but still only slightly more then half of Thanatos' height. he was about half as wide. he wielded a morningstar, with several vicious looking spiked, and he wielded it with a ferocious intensity. he swung the mace in an angry fervor... and then Thanatos grabbed the end and crushed it in his grip. he leapt forward and bit deep into the bandits neck, removing the head.

the remaining bandits ran off into the woods. this bothered Thanatos little, although it meant he would be once again well known among the underworld, few important people would believe the words of the untrustworthy bandits. Thanatos donned his cloak and continued on his way to the place where he had left his hammer.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue May 25, 2004 2:42 am

*Felix stood at the prow of the Bloody Rose, her sleek prow moving meters above the rooftops of yet another desolate town, the scent and sounds of battle were not far off*

hard to port, arm the main gun, bring us down to street level, and mind the buildings this time, she cant afford another hit like last time

*there was no signal that the order was recieved, but soldiers started preperations, the main gun doors grated open, the ancient mechanism resisting loudly. Exactly 45 seconds later, the descent began, the smog was thick and chocking, so rebreathers were issued to the men, the sounds of battle grew louder and the first sight was that of a rocket streaking into a building and dropping rubble on the dug in defenders*

lets take em out, fire when ready

*lightning arced around the barrel of the gun, as the shell charged, then it fired, a deafening silence followed by an ear splitting wail as the shell soared to its target. The defenders had covered there ears at the sound and wer un prepared for the blast which shook the very ground on which they stood*

two degrees down elevation, hold her steady, helm watch those walls now, fire when ready!!

*the cannon charged again, as small arms fire rattled off the hull, a few rockits hit and blew chunks out of the Bloody Rose*

HOLD HER STEADY DAMNIT!

*the propelers hacked into the wall as the ship veered to starboard, the helmsman regained her composure and brought the prow back to face the dug in troops. The gun fired again. Silence, then the wailing, the blast sent body parts and and debris falling skyward. A few of the enemy had got in range as one of Felix's men was knocked off his feet, blood spilling from his shoulder*

MEDIC! its time to leave helmsman, take her up!!

*the Blody Rose took flight, the turbine engines roaring to full power to bring her up. A well placed rockit blew out number sox engine, making the ship shake to high heaven, she soon breached the citys depths and once more sailed the ocean of rooftops and spires of a time gone by*
Dark Shine

Post by Dark Shine » Tue May 25, 2004 11:57 pm

Jasen sauntered out of the burning wreckage of a house, a mans dripping corpse pinned to a section of still standing wall by a steel pole. He loved doing that with explosives, flying debris made such excellent missiles. He licked his sword breifly, tasting the blood dripping off the blade. The woman had told him nothing, nothing of importance atleast. The most he'd gotten was rumors, which of course he'd have to check out.

Pulling his duster back on Jasen wandered down the street, men of the Order running by him to kill survivors, his unit was nothing special, men sent out only to wreak havoc. It suited him either way and he produced a spherical device from his coat. Jasen spun and hurled the bomb into the building ahead of him, shattering a window. Seconds later flames erupted from the house, accompanied by screams. He sighed and shivered in delight, the screamns always made it worth it.

A gunshot rang out ahead, men flying out of the smoke ahead of him. Shaking his head Jasen pulled a gun and fired at the first of the men, soldiers falling in beside him and began firing as well. A man managed to break through the wall of bullets, aiming for Jasen. He merely grinned and swung the sword full force with his right arm. There was a noise like meat being sliced, and the mans head flew into the air, body toppling beneath it. If he hand't frightened them before he did now, the remainder of the towns soldiers turned and fled. Jasen simply laughed and gave chase.
The SpikeWolf

Post by The SpikeWolf » Thu May 27, 2004 3:30 pm

A man walks in to a tavern. He had about eight body guards surrounding him. This man is the leader of a crime syndicate called the Red Dragons. The leader of the Red Dragons goes by the name of Vicious. And sitting in a car across the street was Dante. Wile sitting in his car Dante gives Vicious an evil stare as he remembers how his parents were killed by that man.

Dante was four and it was in the middle of December and there all in the living room. Little Dante was playing with his mother when in burst three men through their front door. His father tells his family to run. They were running through their house Dante looked back just to see his father?s blood splatter all over the place from the blade that had cut him.

When he was running with his mother she told him to get out of the house. But Dante didn?t listen he went to hide in his favorite spot for hide and seek. As he was hiding he sat there and watched his mom get slaughtered. On that day he memorized the face of the man that killed his mother and father and he never forgot it. He was traumatized by that experience. It took him a few months of nightmares to get over the death of his parents. When he stopped having nightmares he vowed to avenge his parents so that their souls can rest in peace.

Dante got out of his trance. It was the first in seven years since he had a day dream of that. Dante gets out of his black car and leaves back his staff behind. ?I don?t think I?ll need it? he utters quietly to him self.

Dante walks in to the bar and as soon as he walks in Dante bumps in to one of the bodyguards. They stare at each other for about three seconds and he walks away. Dante sits down on a stool and called for the bartender.

?What do you want?? said the bartender in a pleasant mood. ?I?ll take a whiskey with ice.? Dante replied. The bartender left to go fetch his drink. While he was gone, Dante turned to stare at Vicious. Dante was thinking on how he would kill Vicious when the bartender came back with his drink.

Dante handed the bartender the money. Then Dante took a sip of his whiskey ?Hey... Do you know anything about the man in black? he asked the bartender.

?I don?t know much about him but, all I know is that he is the boss of a crime syndicate called the Red Dragons. You wouldn?t want to mess with him unless you want to get killed.

?Ok thanks? said Dante as he gave the bartender a tip, then took another sip of his whiskey. Dante turns to look at Vicious. They all get up and they all get up and they begin to leave.

Dante finishes up the rest of his drink in one gulp, as if he was just taking shots. He turns to the bartender and says ?Thanks for the info.? Then Dante turns and takes his leave out of the tavern.
Last edited by The SpikeWolf on Thu May 27, 2004 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.