character profiles.

Junk goes here, bitches.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue May 18, 2004 7:49 pm

Zaphier wrote: I was going to let my character, as a bounty hunter, be hired by one of the groups. If that's a problem, I'll join a group and just say that they hired me, but I was going to give the leaders a choice in the matter.
there's no problem with something like that but the simple fact is, the groups have already been made and we have far too many goin neutral as is, we don't need anyone making more Groups. not even if they're neutral groups that aren't listed. it'd just make what we want to do with this rather pointless if anymore groups along any lines are made.
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Tue May 18, 2004 7:59 pm

I don't intend to stay nuetral. I intend to be hired and then stick with that group, so I don't think it should be a problem.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Tue May 18, 2004 8:55 pm

how about this... everyone (except me for reasons discussed) must join a group either immediatly, or early in the story, or simply have everyone go kill their character.
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Tue May 18, 2004 10:29 pm

I didn't try and make another neutral faction - I just made a character that BELONGED to a neutral faction already - And just decided to join along with a neutral character.

Does this solve the problem?
Last edited by ReDeemer on Tue May 18, 2004 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drayton
Enforcer

Post by Drayton » Tue May 18, 2004 11:36 pm

B) This is getting pointless all y'all are doing is sitting around waiting to bitch at someone instead of getting shit done. People wouldnt make these mistakes if y'all would get started all ready. This is being handled very bad nothing is moving forward this is becoming The Boring Wars or the War the wants to start but won't. No one know what to do because the people that are in charge of this arent making it clear of what is going on, fuck I would like to join but y'all got to much bullshit going on. The people that want to start this should have had most of this shit done before they made it open to everyone else.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed May 19, 2004 1:09 pm

Who is in charge, I'm just watching to make sure it's not boiling over.
Zaphier
Civillian

Post by Zaphier » Wed May 19, 2004 7:55 pm

ReDeemer, that's the same thing as actually creating a nuetral faction. I agree with Nosferatu. Either join a group immediately, or in the beginning of the war, or be a nuetral character that will definately be killed off.
The SpikeWolf

Post by The SpikeWolf » Wed May 19, 2004 10:10 pm

people that havent joined anything yet join something quick
and hurry!
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Wed May 19, 2004 10:24 pm

I'll say it one more time - It's a character from another faction thats NOT involved in the Aura Wars and is just a part of his backround/bio/whatever, alright?

Lets end this argument and move on, alright? I was planning on joining a faction later in the aura wars and wanted my character to get to know all faction in the adventures. Now if someone has a problem with that then please PM me about it.
Last edited by ReDeemer on Wed May 19, 2004 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu May 20, 2004 2:14 am

Drayton wrote: B) This is getting pointless all y'all are doing is sitting around waiting to bitch at someone instead of getting shit done. People wouldnt make these mistakes if y'all would get started all ready. This is being handled very bad nothing is moving forward this is becoming The Boring Wars or the War the wants to start but won't. No one know what to do because the people that are in charge of this arent making it clear of what is going on, fuck I would like to join but y'all got to much bullshit going on. The people that want to start this should have had most of this shit done before they made it open to everyone else.
wow. all that bitching really helps!
thanks for pep talk.

you wernt around for the orignal war and if you were you'd see exactly why the planning stage is very necessary.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu May 20, 2004 6:26 am

If you guys paid me... then I wouldn't have to go to work in order to pay my rent and I'd get it done alot sooner.

The four of us (i'm including Mik because he's actually been a help) took it upon ourselves to make the sides and all that because no one else seemed to want to step up and take charge.

Unlike last time the sides aren't already created, which means that the preliminarys are much more important than last time.

I understand that you guys want to start but I also understand peoples reluctance to commit themselves to something that is still filled with holes.

Please endeavor to be patient with us. Whilst you are waiting, feel free to put a post in the war thread that can be used as a background sort of entry. For character developement like has already been done.

Cheers
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Thu May 20, 2004 1:08 pm

Player Name: yuffie

Name: Cassandra (Andy) McCullson
Physical Description: At first sight she is lovely. With long, auburn hair blue/purple eyes at 5ft 10 and a slender body she is a babe. But take a closer look. She is slightly disfigured as she has a big scar on her left eye, she also has some muscles....guys beware. Wears a kahki puffer jacket, t-shirt, belt, punk skirt and big hefty buckled boots. She has one tattoo of a phoenix, has a laberet, belly and nose piercing

Weapons: 2 old revolvers that were inherited to Andy, acrylic lighted speedchuks, dagger

Favored weapon: her revolvers of course :E

Bio: Was in the military for quite some time because she was forced by her Aunt to go. However she managed to escape but retains her fighting abilities. She was raised by her Japanese Aunt who was her teacher. At 2 years old she got attacked by an unknown person, which is way she has a scar on her face. Her Aunt has told her that her parents were killed in an horrific attack, the same person who gave her the scar. She now demands revenge on this person/s. Andy doesn't talk much of her past and relatively keeps herself to herself except when in an attack when it is vital for to join in.

Extra: As soon as she could walk she was taught the arts of ju-jitsu, judo, and win chung. She is black belt in all three and is sensei in win chung.

She is mainly a radicalist. She sees good and evil as two opposite forces which cannot exsist without the other. She's sees things in grey terms. And travels around on her Harley Davidson.

She has great strength . She can pick up a guy twice her weight, even though she is light herself. She has massive energy and knows how to pick lock, hence her great dexterity. Her wisdom is nothing to be ashamed of either.

She has no tribal tattoo as she feels that it shouldn't proove loyalty, that loyalty can be found within one self.

Values: Wisdom, Revenge
Avengelist
Last edited by Squirrel on Sat May 22, 2004 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu May 20, 2004 2:27 pm

ReDeemer wrote: I'll say it one more time - It's a character from another faction thats NOT involved in the Aura Wars and is just a part of his backround/bio/whatever, alright?

Lets end this argument and move on, alright? I was planning on joining a faction later in the aura wars and wanted my character to get to know all faction in the adventures. Now if someone has a problem with that then please PM me about it.
I dont have a problem (well a big one) with you being with a Neutralish faction to begin with. Looking at how you've structured it I'm not sure how that will work in the long run for you.

Basically I'm happy if you either:
1. Have your faction join one of the factions in their goals
2. Disband your faction during the war to join a faction
3. Get rid of it.

I know you want to let your faction get their feet wet... But personally I dont see you being able to have interactions with all three factions early on enough to not make juggling a forth group tedious. Considering the acquisition of the leading jewel to start off with is on near everyones behalf quite secretive.

We aren't trying to make things difficult for you it's just kind of hard knowing there is a forth group to have to be considered.

I'd of PM'ed you but I think that everyone needs to understand that we aren't just being power hungry gits who want to control everything. We are trying to make it simplier.
Grotsnik

Post by Grotsnik » Thu May 20, 2004 9:16 pm

Player contact: Grotsnik

Name: Golgoth ?Try Again? Bragg
Physical Description: Golgoth is big...really big. He stands just over 6 and half feet tall and weighs somewhere around 300 lbs. He's incredibly well-muscled and has tattoos running the length of his arms, to his chest, over his shoulders, and down his back. He has a large beard which he ties into two braids. He's completely bald and has dull gray eyes. Tends to wear goggle's, but never a helmet. He wears biker pants and usually goes without a shirt.

Weapons: large battle ax(slung across his back)
sawed-off shotgun(hip)
a compact RPG launcher(bike)
other various explosives(belt)

Bio: Born and raised in the saddle, Golgoth is and always will be an Akerite. He lives for action and is looked up to by most clansmen. He has a hearty laugh and directs it at almost anything. Weapons are mostly scavenged, except for his explosives. He always has had a nack for mechanics and build almost anything, given time and materials. His bike is the love of his life and will go berserk even if the slightest harm is caused to it.

Extra: Golgoth is immensely strong and can lift double his weight. He has participated in many a brawl and is an experienced fighter. He enjoys tinkering with his bike and weapons in his spare time. He is a horrible shot, thus his tribe has dubbed him ?Try Again?.

Values: Strength, Speed, and Endurance
Biker
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Fri May 21, 2004 2:32 pm

Melana wrote:
ReDeemer wrote: I'll say it one more time - It's a character from another faction thats NOT involved in the Aura Wars and is just a part of his backround/bio/whatever, alright?

I dont have a problem (well a big one) with you being with a Neutralish faction to begin with. Looking at how you've structured it I'm not sure how that will work in the long run for you.

Basically I'm happy if you either:
1. Have your faction join one of the factions in their goals
2. Disband your faction during the war to join a faction
3. Get rid of it.

I know you want to let your faction get their feet wet... But personally I dont see you being able to have interactions with all three factions early on enough to not make juggling a forth group tedious. Considering the acquisition of the leading jewel to start off with is on near everyones behalf quite secretive.

We aren't trying to make things difficult for you it's just kind of hard knowing there is a forth group to have to be considered.

I'd of PM'ed you but I think that everyone needs to understand that we aren't just being power hungry gits who want to control everything. We are trying to make it simplier.
Thanks Melana - It's just that I was using the Sons Of Fire Faction as part of Damon's Bio, and that I wasnt planning on using his faction in the Aura Wars - But I might do something.

Thanks for understanding.