Neon Genesis Evangelion: The Fourth Impact

Fiction based on sources already out, original material and other personally made literature.

Moderator: Xanien

Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:13 am

This here's the first chapter. Setting up the series, somewhat. If you're looking for battles, wait till chapter 7. Huge-ass battle there.

HUGE FRIGGIN' SPOLIERS. That much should be obvious.

The basic backstory behind this is that Everything in the series happened. Though this is a continuation, even End of Eva happened. In a sense.

RetConning ahoy!

-------------------------------------------
Theme Song: 30 Seconds to Mars - Capricorn
-------------------------------------------

Exodus 1:1/Epsiode 01: Return to Innocence

Third Impact.

The Aftermath.

Shinji cries as he stops strangling Asuka.

The Third Impact had occured. Around him and asuka lay a sea of LCL. The horrid visage of
the Rei/Lilith entity was just over the horizon.

Everything smelled of blood.

Asuka said nothing as Shinji picked her up and embraced her. All he could do was Cry. It
was only them now. Misato was gone. Ritsuko was gone. His father...and he couldn't bear
losing it all.

"Shinji..." said Asuka in a strained voice. "It's over."

Finally pulling himself back together, they kissed.

This was much different from their first kiss. This kiss was passionate. It had the longing
they both felt...and yet, something was wrong.

As Shinji opened his eyes, he was staring back at Red eyes.

Shinji stood up in horror as he finds himself kissing a Naked Rei, and around them...
nothingness. Just endless white.

"R...Rei! What are you doing here?! Where is Asuka?!" demanded Shinji.

Rei began to speak, but it was a different voice. A hauntingly familiar voice.

It was his mother's.

"Shinji Ikari. Listen to me," The entity started, "I have shown you a possible future. One
that shouldn't happen. This is what happens if you give in to your fears."

"Who...who are you?" asked the young boy.

"You'll find out soon enough...but," the entity continued, "you must be strong. For all of
Humanity. This world has to continue on."

"...I understand."

"Very well, Shinji Ikari." said the entity. "Close your eyes. The next time they open, you
will be back at the point I left you. All the visions I am giving you now took half a
second in your world."

"Make the right decision, Shinji."

Shinji closes his eyes...and he jerks awake.

The Lance of Longinus points to Unit 01's S-2 Unit. In his visions, the Lance and Unit 01 Merge to start the third impact.

"This is the moment...I...I...I musn't run away..."

Terminal Dogma.

2 minutes till the Third Impact...

"I'm sorry...Shinji."

Gendo's body slumps forward. "Arigato, Fuyutuki-sensei..."

"Spare me." said Fuyutsuki calmly. "You deserve it."

"Perhaps I do, old teacher," said Gendo, drawing his final breaths. "But...I have to fix
what I wrought."

"You don't mean..."

"Yes."

Gendo Ikari plunges his arm containing the Adam embryo into his chest, instantly killing him.
But from his body, a being of white light shaped like an Eva floated off, growing increasingly
larger as it speeds away, melting the upper layers of the NERV Complex.

Fuyutsuki watches the scene in horror, then looks down at Gendo's dead body.

"You fool...what have you done?"

The Surface.

1 Minute till the Third Impact...

(Demon of the Fall by Opeth plays)

Eva-01 grabbed the handle of the Lance of Longinus. Shinji, though trembling now, wasn't going to let the
nightmare world that was shown him happen.

A being of light tears its way to the surface of the earth, hurtling itself toward the Rei/Lilith entity.

But it was too late. The clock runs out...one by one, people revert to their corporeal from and lose their bodies.

One by one, people dissolved into LCL.

All except Shinji.

"No! Damn it! I...I'm too late."

Lilith notices Adam...and the attraction they felt toward each other rekindles.

Lilith decreases in size, pulling Adam into a tight embrace.

(And you saw nothing...
False love turned to pure hate...
The wind cried a lamentation, before merging with the grey...)

Inside Eva-01, Shinji suddenly hears a whisper...

"Now, Shinji!"

His father's voice boomed in his head, seemingly from Adam...

Shinji knew what he must do.

(*screams*)

Letting go of his fear, he recoils, and throws the Lance of Longinus at the embracing bodies of the beings who gave
earth the gift - and the curse - of Mankind.

(DEMON! DEMON OF THE FALL! DEMON! DEMON OF THE FALL!)

It pierces the two beings of light.

(Gasping for another breath.
She rose, screaming at closed doors.)

A brilliant flash envelops the world...a large Cross-shaped explosion can be seen from space.

Shinji closes his eyes, whispers the Lord's Prayer, and falls unconscious.

(Seductive faint mist forging through the cracks in the wall.
I shant resist...In tears for all of eternity.
She turned around and faced me for the first time.)
(Fade to Black, music fades)

------------------------------------------
Evangelion: Fourth Impact
Exodus 1:1 Episode 01: Return to Innocence
The Fragile
------------------------------------------

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Shinji wakes up to a jolt as Misato grabs ahold of him.

"Calm down, Shinji! You're all right now!" she says.

"M...M...Misato? Is it really you?!" says Shinji as he sees his guardian alive and well, though with a fair amount of
bandages. The last time he saw her, she was bleeding from a gunshot wound, most likey about to die.

"Yes, Shinji. We're alive. You saved us!" replied Misato as she cried and hugged Shinji with all her strength. "You've been
out for 5 days, and we were all worried..."

Shinji looked around the room, and he sees the entire NERV staff looking back. Maya, Shigeru and Makoto. Ritsuko. Even
Fuyutsuki. He looked at the bed to his right and saw Asuka, and seeing her again made him relieved...and sad at the same
time.

"What's wrong, Shinji?" asked Misato, sensing that Shinji had suddenly lost his happy demeanor.

"Asuka...is she all right?" he asked. "Unit 02 was completely destroyed...I thought she'd been killed too..."

"That's the thing, Shinji." said Ritsuko. "Her Capsule was totally destroyed. The search Teams found her in Eva 01's
hands."

"What?"

"That confused us too, Shinji." continued Maya. "Frankly, Misato and Ritsuko shouldn't be alive right now."

"Yeah, me and Misato were definitely dead before the Third Impact happened." said Ritsuko. "We theorize that Adam or
Lilith, whichever of them, deemed us worthy to live, and thus gave us back our lives."

"That's where you come in, Shinji." said Misato. "Only you weren't unconscious or hysterical at the time. Tell us, Shinji,
what happened between Adam and Lilith?"

"...I really don't recall much. All I know is that I killed them...and my father told me to." answered Shinji.

"Your father was essentially Adam," said Fuyutsuki. "I saw him merge with the Adam embryo right before all of us fell
unconscious because of the abnormally high spirit energy given off by Adam as he was leaving."

"Then it's true...father...he did save us all." said Shinji.

"How uncharacteristic..." said Ritsuko. "Well, in any case, you need more rest, Shunji-kun. You've still got awhile to go
before you're up and about."

(Living in a Lie by Guano Apes plays)

"Later, Kid." said Shigeru as he left. Everyone said their goodbyes, but Misato lingered on.

"Don't worry, Shinji-kun. Asuka will be fine in a few days."

(Don't give me names.
You've got it all, took it all away.
Drove me insane,
Who'd come down to earth, releasing me?
Healing my wounds...
So why don't you close the door when you're leaving me?)

"I certainly hope so." answered Shinji.

(song fades)

Misato and the others left the infirmary, following Fuyutsuki.

"So, what do we do now, sir?" asked Makoto

"First thing's first, make sure all available NERV personnel are healthy and accounted for. Then, contact the UN and ask
them what our status is regarding the Angels." replied Fuyutsuki.

"We also got a mail from former Commander Ikari's lawyer." said Maya.

"Figures that the sharks live on. Things never change..." said Fuyutsuki. "Anyway, what's in it?"

"A key." said Maya. "Something about a locked compartment in the Commander's desk."

Fuyutsuki knew instantly what it was. Gendo had a locked drawer in the desk, but he never got a chance to tell Fuyutsuki
what was in it.

Fuyutsuki looks at the key intently as it glitters in the artificial light of the corridor.

To Be Continued...

--------------------------------------------------
End Credits song: Evanescence - Field of Innocence
--------------------------------------------------