Back to the drawing board...

Not limited to only drawing, show us all your forms of art. From sculpting to photos, GIRAFFES ARE BANNED!
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:20 am

which is funny really, because Christian religion mostly started with Arabs and Africans.

you ever gonna make an update to the Biddy story and post it? cause you've got me curious.
Last edited by Super Goat Weed on Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:33 am

I meant that in a character sense rather than a racial thing,

in terms of history and attitidue, though now clearly more somber and wise.

If I recall Biddy leaves her home town due to reason 'x' for some reason I got it in my mind it was do to the old Medieval danger of beauty, as in the beautiful will attract the attention of the powerful, who will desire to posses it.

The character Udine would be bitter about the burden of early life of beauty but yet slighty sad now that it had faded with age. And so she's be both envious and yet a kindred spirit to Biddy.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:05 am

*copy + Paste*

at this rate it'll be finsihed AFTER UBX
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:25 pm

fu :(

I've been kept busy .. gonna have to cut down on my raid attendance but I can't do that till I get my hammer .... must get .... hammer..... must!!!!
Last edited by Mik on Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:49 pm

Chewi wrote:Damn Johnny, I didn't know you could draw like that.
Are you mental?
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:22 am

No. He's just slow.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:52 pm

meow

hehehe

I sort of invisioned Undine different to Mik I think.

To be honest, I always envisioned Udine to be in her 30's -40's but aged well. She'd be striking in an attractive way but not in a beautiful way. Since she was gyspy I was thinking traditionally with a bandana/kercheif about long hair that may or may not have a slight wave to it. Brown eyes and that olive sort of complexion. Big round earrings, flowing skirt of a split skirt of bright colours and same with the blouse... though she could have closer fitting things underneath it like leggings and singlet under the blouse. Boots, knee high with buckles of gold or brass.

Whilst I do believe that Udine would see a kindred spirit in Biddy, I dont think the envy of beauty would of been it. I would of more gone with the grace that is youth and the freedom or at least the illusion of it for the envy. BUt the similarity would of been that they are both independent, strong free spirits whom answer to no man.

Undine has been given responsibilities and whilst she understands her duty and would not stray from it a bit of her yearns for her freedom. For she is a gypsy, one that is of the land but meant to roam it not be tied to it.

I would of expected a certain sombreness that would of been seen in her eyes.
Undine will always to me be little blue sprite in Secret of Mana though hehe.
Last edited by Melana on Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:12 pm

I don't recall the exact age of Lukos but I imagine her sons are in their mid twenties which dependant on the age of conception would mean your age is prolly closer to the mark than mine, however 40 was pretty old in the medieval times which this is still kinda set in.

Add the fact that she's being living in forest for a long time and it's no pinic would age her prematurely, again I'm jsut going on my assumptions rather than any raw fact or detail.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:03 am

When people say "gypsy" I immediately think of caravans, dogs that look like they have some sort of fur losing disease, and burnt out cars down the road.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:54 am

I dunno if theirs a politicly correct term for them.
if their is tho, i probably wont use it.

I met one a few years back at work,
she read my palm and gave me some advice.
I was the only person in the store she did that too.

now im a struggling artist.

So many different and great ideas about these characters around.
I need to get the core story and website up so you guys can play with it as per the original plan.