Birds and Beasts...

Not limited to only drawing, show us all your forms of art. From sculpting to photos, GIRAFFES ARE BANNED!
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:14 pm

vic's 2 cents:

.have the harpy smoke.
.the wolf is a bit too proportional for my tastes. make it bigger and less human-like. shaped like an inverted triangle or something.

more 2 cents to come.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:56 am

I got a connection just today actually.
its a Dial up connection.

I'm so used to broadband that I didnt even have a modem around.
had to go buy one.

buying a modem sucks.
its cheap, but it still sucks when youre used to cable.

anyway...

on the wolf, I still may do somthing with the hands. still undecided.

I tried out fur about 3 different ways. the only things that looks right is no good at all for real time. I'll have to look into it some more

here's some new models to look at tho.

Lukos - I havent quite sorted him out yet. that awful polygon hair is just temporary.
I think its safe to say the general design is at about 75% though.
http://www.ea-research.com/jkaoz/ww/HOOD/2.jpg

Scyllia - The name is actually from the sea monster in the Odessey, but I like the name so much that I wanted to use it on a character that has nothing to do with that. anyway, Scyllia is what the harpy used to look like when she was human. the hair needs fixing, but atleast its done with texture.
http://www.ea-research.com/jkaoz/ww/HOOD/7.jpg

Udine - "in Teutonic folklore, undines are female water-spirits who like to associate with humans..." in one of the older versions of little red riding hood I belive their is actually one of the water sprites present. so in the first draft of the story Udine(notice the loss of the first letter N) was simply and old lady whole had a boat and took Biddy across a lake. now she's a bit more than just that. now she's also a mysterious old gypsy chick.
I ripped her almost straight from Scyllia's model. so before I can count her design near finished I have to completely change the lower body clothing to make her more unique. we cant have 3 characters wearing the same skirt...2 is pushing it.
http://www.ea-research.com/jkaoz/ww/HOOD/6.jpg
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Mon Feb 27, 2006 1:53 am

Wow, those look great Johnny. But looking at them now, are you sure the legs are long enough? They look a little short to me, but that could just be the style or even the current pose.

I finally get to do some character modelling soon, I'll post stuff if I make anything decent.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:16 am

more pictures cool.

I think lucos needs thicker ankles. but apart from that everything is looking awesome.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:24 pm

lol that is so not what I thought of when I was thinking of udine, then again I was ripping the character pretty much of something similar I was playing with at the time.