i drew a picture

Not limited to only drawing, show us all your forms of art. From sculpting to photos, GIRAFFES ARE BANNED!
Akiko
Trainee

Post by Akiko » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:27 pm

*holds up paper with tons of stick figures*....^_^

Ok seriously, its nothing to inpressive, i tryed to draw me an two friends as anime char. greanted i dont have bangs anymore, but i did. im in the middle. I tried!! so be nice.... im sensitive..... :(
Attachments
sad_by_marleemaxwell.JPG
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:42 am

I liked the layout but I'm not a fan of chibi art or most anime art in general
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:50 pm

Good attempt. But anime is a really bad place to learn how to draw, you need a fundamental understanding of how bodies and their anatomy work to pull it off properly. I've got a How To Draw Manga book and I wish I'd never bought it now. How to Draw Comics the Marvel Way has much better drawing techniques in it.

If you've got any still life, or life drawings I'd like to see them. For what your picture is though, it's good.
Akiko
Trainee

Post by Akiko » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:16 pm

I'll work on trying to draw real people, I have done a self port. for school and it looked pretty good. I liked it anyway. I'll try to get a picture of that sometime.

and thank you ^_^
Marvel may have good char. but... i think anime is still my favorite.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:04 pm

the technique tho thats the candy.
after marvel you can go pretty much anywhere with it becuase the book allows you to understand the foundation.

im only guessing...but i guess a manga book would be a bit vague, as the style itself seems more about a the lack and over exaggeration of details.

besides that its one of the best books out there. its old as hell. but it still sells. When i got my copy at age 11 it was a hand me down from my unlce.