Photoshopness

Not limited to only drawing, show us all your forms of art. From sculpting to photos, GIRAFFES ARE BANNED!
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue May 24, 2005 2:01 am

Last edited by Massacre on Tue May 24, 2005 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue May 24, 2005 9:23 am

I've done the lightning trick in The GIMP before, using what I gather is a similar technique. Out of interest, how did you do the others?
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed May 25, 2005 1:25 am

The Wave - started with a clouds filter and applied ocean ripple filter (just mess with the settings) and a horizontal grain filter (ditto). used twirl filter to get the curvature of the wave. Used color adjustments to make it bluish and used a spattery brush tip with white to add the spray. finished with a guassian blur. the background was a simple gradient

The lifestream - really all it was was taking the Dodge tool and making little lines over and over andover again coming from a large white circle as the source(smudged a little for glow effect) and then messing with color adjustments to achive blueness (originally was green) and then messed with Brightness/Contrast to get the glow

The plasma - man i love the color blue. anyways it started out black and white.you make a black background layer, and then another layer with no background color. then, using the radial gradiant tool, make a multitude of differntly sized spheres. make two copies of this layer. use different twirl and wave effects on each one and merge them together. or if you made teh mistake i did, take the background eraser and remove the black in all three layers otherwise they just cover eachother up. play with colors and brightness/contrast and there it is. this one took the longest to get cuz i didnt know whati was doing, the others i had a general idea of what i was aiming for.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed May 25, 2005 2:40 am

Thanks a lot man, I'll try those out soon and post up the results!
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed May 25, 2005 4:42 am

cool imma keep messin around to combine some of these
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Sat May 28, 2005 11:49 pm

lightning is pretty much the easiest one to do :)

i like lifestream
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun May 29, 2005 11:56 am

I seriously need to try some of these out and leik omfg itz myke!!!