Fractaly Goodness

Not limited to only drawing, show us all your forms of art. From sculpting to photos, GIRAFFES ARE BANNED!
Nepthys104
Civillian

Post by Nepthys104 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:01 am

Whoo! My first art topic. Huh. I sense many more coming. Anyway, yes. To the fractals. To begin, we have:

Angel's Wings-Named because of the white glow it sort of had...I'm not completely satisfied with it, as I wanted a sort of feathery look, but ehh, it's all right.

Caught In A Web-Named that because it's so damn confusing. I made it when I was stressed, and I have to say, it's a pretty accurate picture to what I was feeling at the time. Oooh, colors!

Default 2.0-Named that because it was made completely by changing around the default fractal the program opens to. I have to say, my default's better. Heh.
Shane
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Shane » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:37 am

those are excellent ^.^
Nepthys104
Civillian

Post by Nepthys104 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:01 am

More then?

Eternal Forest-Named as such because I was having one of those naturey feelings, and so I wanted one that'd be like a pine forest.

Eternal Forest 2-The same fractal from a different viewpoint. I liked it too much to just scrap it.

Galaxia-My personal favorite. It's currently my background. Obviously enlarged from what you see now.

Hatred-Made it after my dad pissed me off to no end. Before you ask, no, I'm not gonna say what he did to earn my hatred, as it would come off angsty. Let's just say he's abusive, kay?
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Apr 18, 2005 2:34 pm

i like that second batch better

good stuff

... what the fuck is a fractal?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:22 pm

It's an image generated by mathematics. I really like the first one and the b/w one. They're not like any fractals I've ever seen.
Narren7
Solider

Post by Narren7 » Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:57 pm

Those are really neat looking.
Pity I hate math lol.
Cause those could make some snazzy backgrounds for banners and stuff.
Nepthys104
Civillian

Post by Nepthys104 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:29 pm

The program is ultra fractal. You don't have to do any of the math yourself. It's all imputting and such...I normally just tool around and see what looks good. :P

Ice Queen-An earlier one, named after the song by the Dutch gothic metal band, Within Temptation. All I can say is, I like the snowy stuff and that half circle.

Made Of Glass-Yes, inspired by the Trapt song. I was feeling down due to something my boyfriend did, and this is the outcome.

Midnight-I like the black sort of stuff..it almost looks like bats. The light areas look like stars and they make it look like night, which is why I named it Midnight.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:30 am

fractals look crap to me normaly, but they cool when i be high
Nepthys104
Civillian

Post by Nepthys104 » Sat Apr 23, 2005 2:02 am

Ocean-This fractal consists of lots of bubbles and the layers got consistantly lighter as I progressed with it. It reminded me a lot of a deep body of water, and thus, the ocean.

Patterns In The Ice-Partially named after the Opeth song, Patterns In The Ivy. This had a lot of deep blues and whites which reminded me of ice on a lake or a river.

Radioactive Jungle-I made this fractal while tooling around and since it had that radioactive green and that strange, almost leafy design on the top, it made me think of a jungle. Yeah.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:39 am

whoa love em. i might have to start into this fractal business
Nepthys104
Civillian

Post by Nepthys104 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:23 am

Robbers-Named after my boyfriend, Robin. I used his favorite colors and attempted to put his personality in fractal form. I'd say it worked...somehow...

Snow White-I thought it looked a lot like a soft winter...but Snow White was the only name I could come up with that semi-worked. I'd like to rename it.

Twist-Inspired by the Korn song. Meant to include spirals and at the same time, chaos. Also harsh emotions, thus the reds.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Tue Apr 26, 2005 2:05 am

well those but just found out that i dont know a damn thing about fractals so im just messin around in this program with no success :huh:
Nepthys104
Civillian

Post by Nepthys104 » Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:27 am

do the tutorials first. That's how I learned. That, and my boyfriend gave me a few tips. Now he's asking me for tips and I don't know what to tell him, because I simply just change things til it looks good. :P Oh, and that's all I have for now. Probably will be making more when I'm inspired to do so.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:35 am

It takes SKILL to do fractals proberly and I must say yours are cool. You defiately have a style going on. What's your name btw? I wouldn't mind swapping some fractals with you sometime. Yeah I can do fractals too even though am crap at maths. I never know my outcome, but I don;t stop till i like what i see.