question on nomura

Not limited to only drawing, show us all your forms of art. From sculpting to photos, GIRAFFES ARE BANNED!
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:47 am

I'm a long time fan of the guy. but the past few concepts he's done over the past 3 or 4 games seem to have become a little bit lazy IMO....

looks like he's at a point where he uses a vector drawing program for everything now. I kinda miss his hand done stuff.

at the same time tho, he seems to have grown into his own totally new style. which is good since so many people emulate his former style.

new game and concepts
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Mar 23, 2005 5:51 pm

i've got the original Musashi. Damn funny game in places, damn cheesy in others. I think the cheese was intentional though.

anyway,

this game looks nothing like that. i dunno if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but there's LOTS of differences from just looking at the art and reading a few things.

i've also read a review that said the game sucked....

as far as the artwork goes, yeah it's unique, and a tad busy, but that's not necessarially a bad thing. it's sometimes difficult to draw that much on a character and pull it off.

I wonder how it translates to in game work though...
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:09 pm

musahsi is a name i hear a lot.
legenday in japan.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:23 pm

nicely designed site, never hear of the game but I watched a few vidoes fundamently it looks nice, laggy voice acting again, seriously do they play test these things ? why have massive gaps in voices

' I say we kill him'

*5minutes later*

Nah, leave him

damn ir be snappier