Terry Pratchett

You remember them, they are those things that cavemen used before they invented fire and iPads.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:48 pm

I've started to collect these books from their begining. I'm not a whole lot of the way through them, but I'm looking forward to getting through them. It's just a shame Pratchett has Alzheimer's.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Re: Terry Pratchett

Post by Mik » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:33 am

I used to hate the man,

He's pseudo comedy fantasy pissed me off.

But I have to admit I've gotten into it. The girlfriend has about 50 of the damn things and I ran out of new books to read, so while my amazon order was in delivery I had a flick through.

I'm still pretty particular about which ones I do read but he does have a way of developing these retarded and insane characters that are somehow likable.

I tend to stick to stuff on the Watch.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:46 am

My Mum bought me Soul Music and Masquerade way back when. From there, I started reading them more or less in reverse order. My friend said I would miss the jokes but actually I was like "Huh?" at first and then "Ooooh hahaha!" later. After the tenth one or so, I got bored but I may come back to them one day. I think my favourite had to be Interesting Times.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:19 pm

I'm on "Lords and Ladies" at the moment still working my way through them. I seriously enjoy the Witches ones more than I thought I would. The Town Watch ones are fucking great also! :mrgreen:
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:52 am

the movies SkyOne did a while back where awesome.