Stephanie Meyer

You remember them, they are those things that cavemen used before they invented fire and iPads.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Re: Stephanie Meyer

Post by Matt » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:01 pm

Chewi wrote:
Matt wrote:Me and Jo just like saying "Sooki" in the style of Bill.
Haha that makes us giggle as well.

It wasn't until I saw X-Men again that I realised she was Rogue and based on that, I don't think she puts the accent on. She also won an Oscar when she was 11, believe it or not.
Haha, yeah we don't even refer to it as True Blood anymore, it's "Are we watching Sooki tonight?".

I did :D I got my phone out straight away saying "oh oh, that's wossername from X-men!" You could park your bike between her teeth but by lord she's got a cracking arse!
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:15 pm

Matt wrote:I did :D I got my phone out straight away saying "oh oh, that's wossername from X-men!" You could park your bike between her teeth but by lord she's got a cracking arse!
Pun intended? :lol: But aye, it is quite an arse.

The whole thing is pretty racey for an American show actually. I remember one episode in particular. "...and on now is True Blood with violence and nudity from the start." *SEX* :mrgreen:
Tartan
Solider

Post by Tartan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Chewi wrote: The whole thing is pretty racey for an American show actually. I remember one episode in particular. "...and on now is True Blood with violence and nudity from the start." *SEX* :mrgreen:
Lol :lol:
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:42 pm

It's not that racey for an HBO show, the cable channels aren't, to my knowledge, regulated by the same laws as other broadcasts so they tend to be a bit more .... forward with the story telling.

Californication has rampant nudity throughout, there is at least 1 sexual act in any given episode but it's a comedy.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:03 am

Click here to view the YouTube video. Click here again to hide it.

I don't know why but this video seems valid.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Because of Mik's key words: HBO show, forward storytelling, sex

bravo.
Its nice to see somebody constructively analyze something that you hate so much that you're incapable of doing it yourself.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:55 pm

You talking bout Reg? I love that breakdown of Sex in the City :D I now refer to that woman as "Super Ho" no matter what she is doing or where she is.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:12 am

I've seen that dude about on some panel shows (Qi, Have I got news for you) but I've never really though anything of him, but that made me laugh, so I watched the whole special it's pretty fucking funny, his dad is awesome.

I can't tell if he's putting on that accent or not, he seems to drop it with such ease.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:08 am

He's lived over here for about 15 years so you've gotta expect it to slip into what's around him a bit. Yeah his dad sounds like a wise man!