Nine Inch Nails

From those killer tunes that you heard 6 years ago in the back of a mini bus, heading into Utah, or the songs that are on the radio now. This is the place. (No R&B please, because it doesn't exist)
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:54 pm

All I know is everytime I hear them, I get this funny feeling inside. And I still stand by me saying he's the best thing to come out of my homestate.

They only had 3 full-length albums, so that doesn't leave much room for comparasion album-wise. Unless you want to throw the Broken EP in there, which I think is one of his best works, besides The Fragile (yes, I think it's their best and most elaborate albums to date, even better than Downward Spiral, which is still a great album). Pretty Hate Machine was good, but it was a little too commercial-sounding. But what could you expect, the record label he was on once produced TV jingles. Of course, he eventually broke away onto his own record label, after he got tired of putting up with the label's bullshit.

Somehow Trent is able to produce raw emotion through the intricate layers of his music, you can feel his exact emotions in the songs. Hell, the music in Closer even sounds like sex. His voice only adds to it, and conveys it even more. It just meshes perfectly with the sound.

Nine Inch Nails videos are another thing, they are some of the best videos I've seen. If you seen the Broken movie, it's so perverse and twisted, but it goes along beautifully with the music. Closer, of course, I make icons constantly from that video (what other video has Trent in bondage?), and the Perfect Drug is just visually stunning. The video concepts themselves are pretty different, and it's really hard to find a NIN video I don't enjoy. Except maybe "Down in It", not much really goes on in the video, even though it's kind of funny to see "80's Trent Reznor".

And live, this band is a must see for me before I die. I was blown away from the "All That Could Have Been" DVD alone, just imagine the energy and the feeling of actually being there. Hopefully, this oppurtunity will be there soon, because they are supposed to tour after releasing their new album.

Favorite songs: Sin, Gave Up, Wish, The Fragile, Something I Can Never Have (Still version), Reptile, Ruiner, Terrible Lie, We're in This Together, The Perfect Drug, Heresy, and all of his instrumentals.

I enjoy alot of the remixes too, and I'm usually not a big fan of them to begin with.

Sadly enough, this is one of my playlists:
http://megami7.homestead.com/files/NIN.html
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:57 pm

obsessive?

no really he's quite good, and i agree with you on The Fragile being his best work to date, but i've never heard that EP you were talking about.
Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:29 pm

Trent = Win!

The Fragile = Win!
Akrid
Solider

Post by Akrid » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:38 pm

Trent is a Bastard :P
Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:43 pm

Akrid wrote:Trent is a Bastard :P
Asking for a lynch mob?
Akrid
Solider

Post by Akrid » Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:42 am

nah, actually trent inspires me when I write music, although I'm not near as great as he is.
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:33 am

And the chicks love him.
BradleySmith
Whelp

Post by BradleySmith » Sun Sep 12, 2004 7:08 am

well...he's sexy

also the skin remix is by far the best remix of down in it....why no, I can't distinguish one from the other aside from length, why do you ask?