Best Music Magazines...

From those killer tunes that you heard 6 years ago in the back of a mini bus, heading into Utah, or the songs that are on the radio now. This is the place. (No R&B please, because it doesn't exist)
Isuls
Civillian

Post by Isuls » Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:32 pm

So, what music magazines do you reckon are the best?

I used to like Kerrang a lot but its pretty crap really...so stupid and arrogant in its views and all that, lol, and it covers alot of shit alot of the time.
NME's ok sometimes, but I'm not a regular reader, I just pick it up every now and then if it's got something good in.

I don't really read many other music magazines, got Mojo once because of its post-punk/John Lydon feature, and I've had Bang before because it had a review of the Eels album I wanted to get for my Dad.

But what about everyone else? Views, opinions, etc please. Lol
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:27 pm

Unrestrained.

Pure metal magazine. You won't find anything they feature in there in the mainstream, and the most well known stuff I've seen is bands like Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse and Death. None of this Distrubed, Korn, Slipknot and other nu-metal nonsense, which are usually featured in "metal" magazines like Hit Parader and Metal Edge. (who already put Amy Lee's fat face on the cover.)
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:05 am

^ I second that, Dani. One of the greatest magazines that I have ever layed my hands upon. Only the Purest of Metal makes it into those pages.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:14 am

I only sell them I dont read them.

Though we get NME airfreighted in as well as Kerrang.

There are way to many of them though.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 20, 2004 2:43 am

Morbid Angel wrote:Unrestrained.

Pure metal magazine. You won't find anything they feature in there in the mainstream, and the most well known stuff I've seen is bands like Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse and Death. None of this Distrubed, Korn, Slipknot and other nu-metal nonsense, which are usually featured in "metal" magazines like Hit Parader and Metal Edge. (who already put Amy Lee's fat face on the cover.)
the thing is

korn isn't always in kerrang,disturbed aren't non-sense...slipknot...ah you got me

but i do see cannibal corpes in there too

its not just nu-metal...well not in england anyway(i think we have diiferent ones do we not?)

there are many unsigned bands featured in the reviews...but as isuls says the views are totally unfair coming from people who can't even play an instrument i reckon they have no right to chat shit like they do

best here for me?

metalhammer-both metal and nu-metal(which is not all bollocks....not like linkin park)
or
total guitar-mainly for the guita bit...it helps you to learn songs...whilst feeding you some decent review

Kerrang gave slipknot a 5K rating for the download festival a few week back....Which fucking donington were they at? slipknot sucked ass...licked balls...and smoked pole all in one

fuck kerrang
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:46 pm

Hun, we don't have Kerrang over in the states.
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:54 pm

Damn - Slipknot muct really suck everywhere if they Smoked Pole in England.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:35 pm

Morbid Angel wrote:Hun, we don't have Kerrang over in the states.
oh my bad

yep smoked monkey pole....there're great on CD but live is adifferent matter
Onisama
Whelp

Post by Onisama » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:21 am

kerrang's okay, but i like rocksound better XD