Am I The Only Living Person That Still BUYS CDs?

From those killer tunes that you heard 6 years ago in the back of a mini bus, heading into Utah, or the songs that are on the radio now. This is the place. (No R&B please, because it doesn't exist)
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:29 pm

Are you one of those CD burning motherfuckers? Are you supporting the "alternative" market? Are you being disrespectful to artists' copyrights?

Shame on you.
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:00 am

I still buy cds. About one everyother week. My mom is a big Don Henley fan so shes engrained in my head that its stealing and wrong and how badly it will make the music industry fall to pieces if we don't support the cds. b/c its not the artist who really makes money off the cds, its the production companys and the people who actually mass produce them. Artists usually make money off concerts and such. So if you want there to still be production companys (b/c i'm sorry but not every band can afford to do it themselves) then you kinda have to still buy.
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:44 am

yeah, i buy cds!! w00t :P
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:13 am

i buy some cds, tho most of my music sits on my HD, but yeah, if the music companies didnt try to make so much money on them, then, there would be no point to piracy, they can still make massive profits selling at low prices
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:40 pm

The system is fucked. But I do still buy em. I bought 3 yesterday. And this squirrel sitting next to my bought 4. And a vinyl. Are they supposed to serve squirrels?
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue Jul 13, 2004 1:27 pm

i brought a CD just yesterday.

I only download the music when i can't get the CD...stupid expensive imports or if i'm not sure if i'll like the whole album so i'll download maybe 3-4 tracks and make an opinion that way.
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:57 pm

I buy when I can actually find them.

Which isn't often.
Akrid
Solider

Post by Akrid » Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:03 pm

unfortunately for me, I support the "Alternative" market, but I've already gotten about all that I want and hardly ever download anything anymore, unless I cannot find a soundtrack or song ANYWHERE at all. I don't get why these big stars need anymore money from me, Metallica GREATLY disappointed me, as a musician myself, I find the music "industry" wrong, music is something that should be made because you love music, not made just because you want to get rich, if someone gives you a few bucks because they want to donate some money for your equipment, great, and I think the copyright laws should protect the artist's work from being stolen by other people (Say like I make an original song, and someone else takes the same music and/or lyrics and claims it to be theirs) rather than making sure that some stuck-up producer or record exec gets their money. I know there's many holes in my way of thinking...I'll just leave it with this thought, music should not be an industry.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:46 pm

I mostly agree with Akrid dude. I still buy CDs but I'm not gonna waste alot of money for a CD which I'm gonna stick on to my PC and all for one of 2 songs. I mean I cant afford to spend alot of money on a disc now
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:35 am

i buy cd's unless the music is already on my brother's computer. if it's on my brother's computer, it's usually something obscure like nightwish that is hard to get a cd of in michigan
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:36 am

since when is nightwish obscure?
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:42 am

since you're the second person i've talked to that has ever heard of them, and i've never seen an actual cd of them in my life. an I HAVE LOOKED VERY HARD. this is saying, obscure around my town, and the surrounding towns. i don't know if they are where you live, but next to no one i've talked to has ever heard of them. what with them being in what, finland?
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:45 am

Odd, really odd.
Here in Brazil they play on the goddamn radio, that plague Nightwish!

9 out of 10 chubby nerds have a black Nightwish tee and the hots for the lead singer.
Last edited by berwick upon tweed on Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:49 am

well, around here*, they're pretty much unknown.

*note that here means my town and a large part of my state, as i don't know as far as other areas.
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:52 am

good for your area, 'cause nightwish suck. :P

no offense. (if that's possible!)