Most Prolific Decade

From those killer tunes that you heard 6 years ago in the back of a mini bus, heading into Utah, or the songs that are on the radio now. This is the place. (No R&B please, because it doesn't exist)
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:06 am

What do you think was the decade in which the best music was made?
Not just the best sounding one, but also the most influential decade.

Was it the 40s, with Duke Ellington and Miles Davis?
Was it the 50s, with Elvis and Chuck Berry?
Was it the 60s, with The Beach Boys and The Beatles?
Was it the 70s, with Pink Floyd and Genesis?
Was it the 80s, with The B-52s and The Smiths?
Was it the 90s, with Nirvana and Radiohead?
Was it 2000+, with Interpol and BRMC?

Note that these are merely examples. You choose a decade because of whatever the reason you want to.
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:09 am

I have to go with the 30's.

With the Roaring 20's just passing by - and the start of music hitting radios, I believe the 30's was when Music was hit the best. With the depression right around the corner, music started to come out such as this decade, the birth of Swing, Big Band, and Jazz.

I believe that these Older Genres today was the start of everything we have today - weither it be Rock or Metal, Pop or Rap, whatever - In these ten years that these genres of music came out, it lead to more expansive and expresive genres like we have today.
Last edited by ReDeemer on Tue Jul 13, 2004 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nosferatu
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Nosferatu » Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:46 am

i'd say the mid 80s to mid nineties. my reasoning though, is flawed, in that i just say this because many bands i've seen, and just about every guitarist i talk to, lists metallica, and other bands from that time period in their influences. plus i just plain love metallica.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Jul 19, 2004 5:35 am

im going with early 90's and rap

this is were rap music solidified itself and it was made clear that it wasnt a passing fad. not only that, but music was burned in public protest, the music itself became a political issue, and found its way into the mainstream media of the 2000+ era (thats not necessarily a good thing, cuzz its since been bastardized and flooded with flossy blah blah no talent artists)
St.Lucifer
Enforcer

Post by St.Lucifer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:42 pm

Nosferatu wrote:i'd say the mid 80s to mid nineties. my reasoning though, is flawed, in that i just say this because many bands i've seen, and just about every guitarist i talk to, lists metallica, and other bands from that time period in their influences. plus i just plain love metallica.
kouldnt agree more
*listens to fade to black*