Cliff Burton Remembered

From those killer tunes that you heard 6 years ago in the back of a mini bus, heading into Utah, or the songs that are on the radio now. This is the place. (No R&B please, because it doesn't exist)
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:05 pm

CLIFF IN OUR MINDS
There are currently a project in the works in Sweden to put up a memorial stone where Cliff Burton was killed in the buss accident in 1986. Here is what they say:
We at Metallica.nu have started a project that hopefully will result in a memorial stone to former bass player of Metallica Cliff Burton, who tragically died in a bus accident just outside Ljungby, Sweden in 1986.

Everyone that we have spoken to is positive to this project and wants to support us as much as they can. For example Aftonbladet (The leading newspaper in Sweden) is willing to help. We have heard that this project has been suggested before but for some reason nothing came of it.

We have also heard that there are several companies that are willing to provide some kind of sponsorship. The memorial stone is going to be a gift from the fans and not some kind of advertisement.

The memorial stone will be in a horizontal position, and will be approximately 100x80cm (40x32 inch) and the calculation says that it will cost us somewhere around 10.000-15.000 SEK ($1.350-2.000). Close to the stone we have planned some sort of plaque with information about Cliff Burton and how much he has meant for heavy metal. More info at cliffinourminds.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I smiled when I had seen this - I'm thankfull for the people in sweden and the fans of Cliff Burton himself that are making this possible.
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:36 pm

and who might cliff burton be?
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:22 am

*Stares for about an hour at the reply on the screen - jaw on the keyboard*.

The Second, and most Talented, Influental, and Greatest bassists of Metallica and of all Metal kind - Who was tragicly killed in a bus accident in Sweeden during their And Justice For All Tour - who after his funeral, ashes were scattered across Maxwell Ranch in Colorado.
Last edited by ReDeemer on Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
berwick upon tweed
Solider

Post by berwick upon tweed » Thu Jul 22, 2004 5:36 pm

ReDeemer wrote:*Stares for about an hour at the reply on the screen - jaw on the keyboard*.
Sorry, I just don't like seeing unreplied topics.

Ah, I'm not a Metallica guy anyway. :P
St.Lucifer
Enforcer

Post by St.Lucifer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:39 pm

berwick upon tweed wrote:Ah, I'm not a Metallica guy anyway. :P
like that fukin matters...everyone who loves rock music should know of and respect such a talented musician as cliff burton