Revenge of the Sith

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
ReDeemer
Solider

Post by ReDeemer » Fri May 27, 2005 8:23 am

Heheh, this always happens when a kick ass movie comes out. It's just suddenly a degrading flick.

Ah well :D
runawaygurl
Not-A-Deserter

Post by runawaygurl » Fri May 27, 2005 7:35 pm

Okey, when I saw it I was jacked up on Red Bull and it was midnight, when i'm usually in bed by 11 (yes I'm a nerd that went to the midnight showing) so some things are kinda foggy in my memory, anyway, I thought it was good as a movie, but as apart of the Star Wars series it was lacking... The only major problem I had with it was Hayden Christensen is a bad actor. blehk... i hate him.

And chewi, bite your tognue about Ewan, he is pretty and wonderful damnit! blame Lucas!

and yeah i feel like a damn good american citizen now, seeing as i've seen most of those movies, and own all released star wars and all back to the future movies (it fucking rocks!).
Last edited by runawaygurl on Fri May 27, 2005 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri May 27, 2005 10:10 pm

Lastwolf wrote:"you underesitmate my power, Obi Wan"

I about pissed myself laughing after that scene OMFG LOL you newb

acting was awful but it's 99% script they had some quality actors (no not talking about hayden whathisface or Ms. Portman) and they looked bad.
The acting in star wars movies has always been questionable at best, seriously, watch some of the old ones, asside from Harrison Ford, most of the acting sucks.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Fri May 27, 2005 11:19 pm

*tries to imagine c3p0 with bad acting*

HAHAHAHA
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat May 28, 2005 1:58 pm

Shins opinion:

Anakin Skywalker seemed more confused abous his lines than the intentions of the Jedi Council.

Samuel Jackson, miscasted, he played well, but it wasn't his thing.

Euan McGregor, played this part well, totally, he revived the film from being a waste of my time. You can really tell he loved his role.

And if the gu that played Anakin can't even play well infront of a green canvas, I'd had to imagin him doing some real acting.

Overall tho, I hadn't seen Episode 1 or 2, and apparently, I didn't miss much at all. I still enjoyed this film, it was cool to see the story unfold and I enjoy the whole series more knowing this was more of a tradigy, catch 22 for poor poor Darth.

I would have liked to have seen more killing and explosions caused by the big man tho :(
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sat May 28, 2005 2:26 pm

Lastwolf wrote:"you underesitmate my power, Obi Wan"

I about pissed myself laughing after that scene OMFG LOL you newb

acting was awful but it's 99% script they had some quality actors (no not talking about hayden whathisface or Ms. Portman) and they looked bad.
i almost missed that

you thought Portman was GOOD?

damn man, what did they put in your popcorn? she SUCKED, and so did that guy who played anakin
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sat May 28, 2005 2:28 pm

I think he was saying she was bad.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Tue May 31, 2005 2:36 pm

I think Hayden Christensen did quite well, considering the poor lines given to him. Worst script of the series. However, I could feel his pain through most parts.

Shin, most actor's will say that it's actually a lot harder to act in front of a green screen, or to a character that isn't there. When you're in the actual environment and with the actors you're acting with, it's easier to get into character.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:30 pm

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=episode3

why is this guy always right about movies? i saw the movie and came home to find his review posted up on his site and was just like "wow.....nailed it"
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:43 pm

You say he's always right about movies? Did you read the line at the bottom?

"127,296 dipshits camped out in line for this movie only to realize that it sucks like the other 5."

I don't agree with a lot he said, but it's still a funny read, and some things are too true.
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:48 pm

well its just an opinion, to each his own
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Jun 02, 2005 12:09 am

lol i pissed myself laughin at the end with Darth nearly broke down in tears with the whole

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

i mean over acting that was. Acting was so bad. The droids saved it i feel lol
Xuenay
Trainee

Post by Xuenay » Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:38 am

EchoPark wrote:lol i pissed myself laughin at the end with Darth nearly broke down in tears with the whole

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

i mean over acting that was. Acting was so bad. The droids saved it i feel lol
Uhh, overacting?

Considering everything the character just went through, I dunno if it was even POSSIBLE to overact at that point.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:59 am

still a simple break down .... but the whole being Darth Vader and the whole "NOOOOOOOOOOOO" just doesnt seem like the big tough guy he is. I mean i didnt go that bad when my grandad went.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Thu Jun 02, 2005 1:35 pm

Your grandad didn't have tits.