Revenge of the Sith

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Tue May 17, 2005 9:00 am

I'm sorry... i dont think i can watch another starwars flick with Anakin in it...he really fucking creeped me out in second one....

HELLO OBESSIVE STALKER CREEPY GUY, RUN AMIDALA RUN!
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue May 17, 2005 3:13 pm

yeah no kidding

part of me feels kinda bad for her, and another part of me says 'stupid fuck, you deserve it'

The i start thinking about how hot she is

SKITZO BOY!
Xuenay
Trainee

Post by Xuenay » Thu May 19, 2005 12:32 am

The bad:

- Acting a bit wooden at times
- The occasional CGI looking too much like CGI
- First half of the movie a bit boring

The good:

+++++ The second half of the movie
+ Anakin's fall to the Dark Side believable
+++++ The second half of the movie
+++++ Did I mention the second half of the movie?

Xue's final verdict: Fantastic movie, easily many times better than the two previous prequels. Easily on the level of the original trilogy, AT LEAST.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Thu May 19, 2005 3:06 pm

First impressions, I enjoyed Attack of the Clones more. Don't get me wrong it's a great film, but the directing and editing on this one is appauling. The pace keeps changing too much for the story. To be honest, it began to drag on at the end.

Nowhere near the original trilogy. Darth Vader ruined that for me. One word: "Nooo!"
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Sat May 21, 2005 12:48 pm

This Film Fucking Owns.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Sun May 22, 2005 12:31 am

I believe my friend said it best with this

'The movie is too much Cheese toastie and not enough chilli sauce'
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Sun May 22, 2005 1:43 am

have you seen it yet?
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Sun May 22, 2005 1:30 pm

I saw it last night and I think what Mik said is a good summary. This is what I wrote in my journal...
Might as well make a small entry. I just saw Star Wars - Revenge of the Sith with kermitbantam and opalfruits. They both thought it was bloody awful though it transpired that kermitbantam had only ever seen Attack of the Clones before (!?) so he couldn't really make a proper judgement. I thought it was okayish but overall, I was really rather disappointed and this is coming from someone who is generally not very cynical when it comes to films. I felt that almost the entire first half was let down by some god awful acting, particularly on the part of Ewan McGregor, which I found strange, because I usually consider him to be rather good. This may have been due to the script being equally awful. I dunno about you but I think even if I was a Jedi Knight, I'd be ever so slightly panicking at the thought of having to crash land some totally wrecked monster of a ship. It picked up a little bit after that but some parts still made me cringe. Star Wars has a habit of being really corny at times. I think that's allowed but they go a bit overboard sometimes and I don't think it carries across so well now as it did in the late 70s and early 80s. I guess it was hard to move away from that without totally changing the general feel of the films though. Some people complained that the effects were too obvious at times. I think this is generally unfounded with one exception - the lava fight scene - but to be fair, I think that was very hard for them to pull off and I give them credit for trying. It didn't turn out all that bad considering. I can't quite put my finger on what else I didn't like... I dunno, it just didn't flow all that well. I guess, in summation, it's worth watching but don't get too excited.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Sun May 22, 2005 2:35 pm

How can you say you didn't like Ewan's acting? His was the best acting of the whole film! Natalie let me down though.

The more I think back at the film, the more I love the story, it's got the best story out of the whole star wars saga in my opinion, because it changes the way I see the original trilogy now. It made it into a tragedy. But that being said that I love the story, it just wasn't put onto film well enough at all, some scenes are great. But like Chewi said, the whole flow of it was off. Probably to do with them having something like a 10 second scene, then go to another 10 second scene. Parts of it were rushed, and didn't give you enough time to sink into it.
Star
Whelp

Post by Star » Wed May 25, 2005 9:30 pm

Wow, I must be the only kid in the US who's never seen any starwars. Our newspaper even printed up a story about a senior from my school who bought 60 tickets, and within 5 minutes, the theatre sold out of the premiere. It was pretty crazy stuff, people were sleeping in the food court (our mall is connected to the movies).
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed May 25, 2005 10:18 pm

official US citizenship requires that you atleast see 3 of the 6 star wars movies....

alternativly you can see 2 conan movies

2 aliean films in conjuction with the original predator film

or terminater 1 and 2 within the same 12 hour time frame.

or all three back to the future movies.
Last edited by kaos on Thu May 26, 2005 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu May 26, 2005 8:43 am

wow I'd make an ub3r US citizen I've done all of that
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu May 26, 2005 2:21 pm

honestly, what ruined the story is you already know exactly what's going to happen. I know that's unavoidable, but still, it's like somebody told you the end of the movie before you actually saw it

and yeah, the beginning had massive amounts of slow stuff and REALLY poor acting.

and the 'noooooooooo' bit was very VERY weak.

I wouldn't say it sucked, hell i wouldn't say ANY of the movies sucked, but it's quite hard to live up to a legand, especially when the story you're telling holds no real suprises.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu May 26, 2005 3:53 pm

"you underesitmate my power, Obi Wan"

I about pissed myself laughing after that scene OMFG LOL you newb

acting was awful but it's 99% script they had some quality actors (no not talking about hayden whathisface or Ms. Portman) and they looked bad.
Last edited by Mik on Thu May 26, 2005 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu May 26, 2005 3:53 pm

i just think it wasnt really up to much. The originals just were much better. Plus i dont like movies which rely heavly on cg, and this was mostly green screen probaly. I think they chose some of the wrong actors for some of the parts. That means i dont dislike them, just from there personality and the parts they played in other movies.