Revenge of the Sith

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:32 pm

Have you seen it? It was released yesterday.

The trailer is great, looks very promising and very dark! Big space battles are back and the wookies look marvelous!
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:27 pm

well i dunno

i mean attack of the clones looked kick ass too, but i was kinda dissapointed.

given i'm definatly gonna go see it, i'd be stupid not to, but i wouldn't get too overly excited over it given the current trend of star wars films. I'd rather go there expecting shit and being suprised then go there expecting THE shit and being dissapointed.
St.Lucifer
Enforcer

Post by St.Lucifer » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:27 pm

i wanna c it :(
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:50 am

i wait. if the first 5 of my friends who will see it the day it comes out (nerds) tell me that it doesnt suck then ill go see it. they may be star wars nuts but even they had to admit that Attack of the Clones sucked
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Sun Nov 07, 2004 4:24 pm

i dunno... yeah it sucked (the name should have been a hint) but it was worth it to see yoda jump around like a ninja flea on crack.
Xuenay
Trainee

Post by Xuenay » Tue May 10, 2005 2:17 pm

I was a bit indifferent towards Attack of the Clones up until the final battle and the ending.

How can anybody say the movie sucked after seeing the end? The very last scene, in particular... hearing the Imperial March there sent shivers down my spine, a harbinger of the things to come. And how everybody played just as Palpatine wanted them to...

(Though even I have to admit the romance sequences were painful to watch)

Anyway, I'm hopeful. Phantom Menace was watchable, Attack of the Clones was ten times as good, and if the trend keeps up, Revenge of the Sith will be on the level of the original trilogy. While I'm not the one to listen to critics very often, it's a good sign that the critics quoted on BBC News seem to agree on RotS being much better than the two previous movies...

And of course, since this is probably the last time one can do so, I seized my chance to stand twelve hours in line for those movie tickets. ;)
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue May 10, 2005 2:31 pm

I agree, I thought Attack of the Clones was really good.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue May 10, 2005 3:36 pm

the clone film was kinda dull i think.
but the clone animated chapters are great, better than the movies I think.

I think you can watch them all online for free,

but its quicktime and small size.

they look best on a tv set, god bless you cartoon netwrok.
god bless you dvd release
god bless you all goddammit!
Last edited by kaos on Tue May 10, 2005 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Tue May 10, 2005 5:18 pm

Bah, Phantom Menace set a perfect example of contrast before the war and empire. It couldn't be like the original trilogy, that would just be fucking stupid, it's a completely different time in the story, plus it's a completely different time to make a film like this. Most fans who criticised I seriously look down on because they're fucking retarded for thinking it would be like the original in the first place. Personally I loved the way it was portrayed to be a "safer" environment even though evil was begining to rise, it's only right to be that way if the series is progressingly going to be darker. This next film will be great, and even though many fans won't admit it they'll be glad the phantom menace was the way it was to open up the scene for this film.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu May 12, 2005 7:31 am

yeah but you gotta admit, in a lot of ways those films were quite cheesy with certian things that could have easily been avoided

perfect example, the fucking NAME of 'the attack of the clones'

come on now... seriously

i'm definatly gonna want to see and enjoy the next film, and yes i did enjoy the first two, i just thought some of the stuff could have been better then it was. In a way, i'm aprehensive, because this film with either justify the entire series, or burn it to the ground.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu May 12, 2005 9:28 am

what will george lucas do after these films, he's pretty much rode the wave of the first three film his whole career
Xuenay
Trainee

Post by Xuenay » Thu May 12, 2005 12:17 pm

Lastwolf wrote:what will george lucas do after these films, he's pretty much rode the wave of the first three film his whole career
They're talking about a TV series, aren't they?
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu May 12, 2005 1:09 pm

ugh. its one thing to be famous for somthing you made, and quite another for it to be the only thing you can do.

he should seriously look into trying somthing new.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Thu May 12, 2005 3:43 pm

What about Indiana Jones? I dunno what to make of him writing a new one yet though. Willow was a great film too.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Thu May 12, 2005 5:32 pm

harrion is way to old now