Revenge of the Sith

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Xuenay
Trainee

Post by Xuenay » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:16 pm

Lastwolf wrote:After looking at jedi fighting techinques, I have concluded I could kick their ass.
Only that your fighting techniques wouldn't matter much when lightsabers cut through just about anything. Unless you happen to have one of your own, of course.

Bogey wrote:Sidious dispatches the 3 jedi and then suddenly slows down so Sam can keep up with him.
Well, if he'd dispatched Sam as quickly as the others the stage wouldn't've been properly set by the time Anakin got there. It'd been just Palpatine standing over a couple of bodies, not exactly the best way to turn anybody to the Dark Side.

I dunno what your peeve with that scene was, I thought it was a nice-looking fight (one of the few non-boring Jedi duels in the movie).
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:55 pm

i've got one less the 10 min from where i live

never been to it though... i'll have to change that during my summer break
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:06 am

anyways back to the movie and what was wrong with it, i liked this scene:

Anakin(after mace is killed): What have i done?

Sidious: Join me, bitch.

Anakin: OK.

Wow that was hard.
Xuenay
Trainee

Post by Xuenay » Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:09 pm

Geostigma wrote:anyways back to the movie and what was wrong with it, i liked this scene:

Anakin(after mace is killed): What have i done?

Sidious: Join me, bitch.

Anakin: OK.

Wow that was hard.
A lot of people seem to have an issue with that scene... while I don't get what their problem is.

Quoted from my response to another person who felt the transformation was too quick:

Well, it seemed to me like there was more than one thing affecting it - first there was Palpatine's promise of being able to save Padme, then there was the thing about the Jedi overthrowing the Republic (which actually was true - and which Anakin was present to witness, with Windu's "he's too dangerous to be kept alive" line), then the way the Council had kept belittling him versus the way Palpatine had always been a friend and a mentor, and finally the fact that Palpatine was near, employing whatever Dark Side tricks he might be using - assuming the Dark Side wasn't already affecting Anakin's mind.

The way I saw things happened in Anakin's mind: A rushes to Palpatine's office, sees Windu - who refused to let A follow them in the first place - having the upper hand against Palpatine. Anakin talks to Windu, finds out that Windu isn't about to hand Palpatine over to the courts - fuelling all the suspicions about the Jedi only wanting power Palpatine had fed to him earlier on. A isn't sure about what to do, kill Palpatine or kill Windu, so he takes the middle ground, incapacitating Windu - which of course leads to Palpatine's victory. By the time Windu dies Anakin has his "what have I done" moment, and - here's the thing - realizes that he's beyond the point of no return, as the other Jedi would no doubt want to kill him for killing Windu. Seeing that there's no going back anymore, I'd expect him to rationalize to himself that he's doing the right thing now - he isn't going to question Palpatine's lies now, since he desperately needs them to be true or otherwise he's doomed himself without gaining anything in return. And as he does that, he follows Palpatine's orders to slaughter the Jedi Temple while he's still clinging to that hope of doing the right thing now, before he has the time to really consider things - and as he makes himself kill all those Jedi, he opens himself to the Dark Side. And after that he is truly beyond the point of no return.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:22 pm

I'll be subscribing to a £9.99 a month deal they offer at the local UGC. Unlimited cinema, I might just go every night. It's a really nice cinema too, one of the best and most comfortable I've visited. And the screen advertising is by Pearl & Dean.

Baba baba baba baba bababa. Baba baba baba babaaaa BA!
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:16 am

lol good old pearl and dean

DVD's are so much easier than going to the movies some times.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:59 am

definatly

only movies i've been to see over the past few years in theaters were the LOTR movies and the Star Wars movies

other then that, i usualy had no problem waiting for the DVD.
XenoRaven
Enforcer

Post by XenoRaven » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:45 am

It appears someone beat me to the VGCats link. Ah well, that Maddox rant was hilarious. The second pic made me bust a gut.

I think that sums up my feelings pretty well. Although, I will say I nearly coughed up a lung when Anakin got his legs and arm chopped off. I just couldn't stop laughing the rest of the night.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:38 pm

i found the 'noooooooooooooooooooo' moment to be the one that pushed me over the edge from disguested into having a laughing fit.

so much potential wasted on poor casting, over the top special effects, shit acting, and a really crappy script.