Hellsing

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:44 am

It really isn't your typical manga, as I noticed after I read volume 4.

The females aren't your normal scantily clad, big eyed, anorexic, big breasted females. (excluding one, with large boobs, but she handles a pretty huge gun.) Funny enough, the most scantily clad character yet is a male, in shorts and a short sleeved shirt. Hirano draws them in a slightly more masculine light, and the woman do kick much ass in this as the men. In fact, a female is in charge of the Hellsing organization, smokes cigars and isn't afraid to give out orders when need be. Other females in the manga carry the guns, and do alot of the damage.

My main reason is that some people have this notion that all manga/anime's are formulatic, and the same. But everything, from the style to the gender roles, definately makes Hellsing stand out.

Of course it's a great manga through and through, but I just thought it was an interesting thing to point out about it.
Last edited by Morbid Angel on Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:10 am

Witch Hunter Robin wasn't much like that either, though I think it would be amusing to have scantily dressed goths running around shooting people.

I liked Hellsing and where it was going... now all they have to do is release more and i'll be happy
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:21 am

kinda reminded me of vampire hunter 'd' especially the hat.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:57 pm

Sadistic wrote:My main reason is that some people have this notion that all manga/anime's are formulatic, and the same.
*raises hand*