Futurama

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:23 am

i don't even watch the simpsons that much, but it seems like whever i catch them i see the same ep over and over.

i swear i've seen the robot wars one 8 times

anyway, as far as humor goes, i prefer stupid humor. stuff like Jackass, Bam, MXC. Wildboys is cool once in a while, but most of that is just creepy since i'm not a big fan of male nudity.
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Mon Oct 25, 2004 7:12 pm

Bart plots against Nelson plenty of times in the early episodes that I was referring to. Namely there's the one where he decides to take karate thinking he'll be able to kick Nelson's ass and then packs it in five minutes later when he realises that karate doesn't teach you to a kick a guys ass.

There's the one where he teams up with Grandpa Simpson and One Armed Herman from the army surplus shop and water bombs Nelson's gang all over springfield.

As for the homer not going to work thing, that is trying to skive and successing. But his part of the storyline revolves around what he does while he should be at work which is dumb when you look at Groening's reason for making him work at a power plant because it's not a boring job and he can fit it into interesting storylines. There are no more than about 6 episodes out of all 500 or however many there is now that actually involve Homer's job at the power plant.

Matt Groening's time has passed, it is now the era of Seth McFarlane.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:44 pm

well, i for one still love the simpsons
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed Nov 03, 2004 2:36 am

Murton wrote:Matt Groening's time has passed, it is now the era of Seth McFarlane.
family guy is good but it cannot compare to simpons in any way shape or form
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:33 am

Paradigm wrote:family guy is good but it cannot compare to simpons in any way shape or form
Miby its our generation that loves them para?
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:28 am

Sephiroth wrote:Miby its our generation that loves them para?
You're generation? I'm only a couple of years old than you fool, same generation. Besides, no series should have been allowed to run as long as the simpsons, I look at the TV guide these days and see so many series that stopped being funny years ago and wonder why they're still running. Same with movies, the number of new movies being released is at an all time low, even when the movie isn't a sequel it's either a re-make or just another generic story with different characters. I say that more shows have to be network cancelled for the good of entertainment, it'll keep those series who are on their 4th season or so writing fresh material and keeping their shit up to scratch, think of it as natural selection where the weakest die, and you know how weak old stuff can be.

Simpsons, ain't laughed since about season 5. Friends, only character that still makes me laugh is Chandler, the rest are rehashing old jokes. Futurama, started to go stale in the fourth season. Family Guy I have great faith in, there's been such a gap between the making of season 3 and the announcement of season 4 to regenerate the creativity and come up with some new stuff which is vital with comedy shows. If you want to watch the exact same hunk of shit called new over and over watch a soap opera.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:08 pm

All that is in your opinion,

Paradigm is 17 like me, my generation, everyyear breeds a new generation

me and my mates will laugh at different jokes to you, you probably grew up with an atari like chewi, i grew up witha megadrive

we are two different gerneations
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:51 pm

im sure age plays a factor but not when its such a small difference like between u and Murton. id say that if anything it simply comes down to a persons sense of humor.

and btw i grew up with a sega genesis :D
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:08 pm

same system i think, is that what you meant?...why am i here?

*dies*
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:32 am

megadrive and genesis were different just not by much, i believe
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:55 am

i played MK3 on my megadrive....it was a genesis game too
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:29 pm

ah, i had that one for SNES

and Trilogy for PSX.

Trilogy was DAMN sweet. probably the best installment of the old skool MK games. I still think i got the most enjoyment and playtime out of MK2 though.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Sat Nov 06, 2004 1:20 am

i played em all, but trilogy was the better for me, i had it on the PC

You cant beat a good MK right

lol reminds me

i beat this asian dude at this dealers house on Tekken badly