Futurama

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:04 pm

Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:55 pm

Hey, let's all post topics with links in but not say a thing about it.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:30 am

It's basically a rehash or everything i've heard about Futurama.

It's not going to make it come back, it's not going to make it suddenly easier to find on dvd...or anything like that.
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:08 am

The dreaded fourth season. That's where Groening begins to run out of ideas anyway, trust me it's better that Futurama dies here and now rather than growing to be something like The Simpsons, or worse yet, Star Wars. lol.

Groening has lost it people, move onto Family Guy with the rest of us and laugh for once, I can honestly say I haven't laughed at the Simpsons for almost 10 years, that's quite bad since it's supposed to be a comedy, Family Guy on the other hand I've seen them all multiple times and they still have me in stitches.

*plays Family Guy dvd*
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:12 am

nah,if you read that,it shows why Futurama went sour,basically Fox screwed groening because they refused to but Fox ad's in the cartoon,and good on them too

futurama is funny as hell to me

and the simposn has ME in stitches when i see it,i dont liek family guy,its simpsons rip with addedness,its funny,i just never see it,and simposns i funny to me

to reiterate,futurama was funny yes?.....but then stopped?.....blaim fox
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:49 pm

I like all of those shows.

I'm not fussy about my laughter, i'm happy to get it where I can.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:47 pm

i just honestly dont get a luagh from family guy,plus its never on....that kinda limits me....its still funny sometimes,just all i can think is.."id rather be watvhing the simpsons *click*"
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:41 pm

Murton wrote:The dreaded fourth season. That's where Groening begins to run out of ideas anyway, trust me it's better that Futurama dies here and now rather than growing to be something like The Simpsons, or worse yet, Star Wars. lol.

Groening has lost it people, move onto Family Guy with the rest of us and laugh for once, I can honestly say I haven't laughed at the Simpsons for almost 10 years, that's quite bad since it's supposed to be a comedy, Family Guy on the other hand I've seen them all multiple times and they still have me in stitches.

*plays Family Guy dvd*

this is a wise man people, harken to his words.

and kiss my ass shin :D
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:50 pm

"kiss my shiny metal ass" woulda went better there, the simpsons is the thing you watch when you cant be arsed changing the channel, and wouldnt anyway cos nothing else is on, futurama, i loved that, kicked ass, and family guy is kick ass also, i just watch them cos i need to laugh occasionaly ya know
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:21 pm

like i said goat,they ended up with shit shows cos of fox,i really love futurama,i never see family guy,its funny,just never on
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:27 pm

I love Futurama, but they tried to use the emotional thing too often, I think it ruined some episodes.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:42 pm

i always liked family guy over those other shows anyway. i probably saw the late futurama though, i heard it was better earlier on.
Murton
Whelp

Post by Murton » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:19 am

Family Guy, 3 seasons. 49 episodes, plus on unaired episode makes 50 in total. Number of repeated plotlines, none. 50 episodes equates to about two seasons of the Simpsons plus a christmas and a halloween special, and in how many of those episodes did Lisa work on some school project while Homer tried to skive work and Bart quested to end Nelson? All the simpsons christmas specials are absolutely identicle to every other christmas special on every show, at least the family guy christmas episode was a little different.

Face it guys, simpsons was funny for like the first 100 or so episodes then it started to repeat itself, but america was so in love with the characters that it continued, this is the reason Futurama didn't take off. It was that the episodes were turning crap because Groening wouldn't use their notes, nobody watched it because Fox couldn't fit it into it's prime time slots and dumped it at 7pm where there's stuff on other channels, this resulted in low figures which meant as soon as the Futurama contract expired Fox could cancel the show without having to pay Groening a severance, simple business.

Thankfully Family Guy was cancelled by the writer who didn't want his work to go stale after churning out season after season, but by popular demand he agreed to do a feature length episode and recently (well a couple of months ago) agreed to do one more season but he has made it clear that after this he will do no more Family Guy regardless of how high the demand is. That my friends, is a man showing true pride in his work.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:59 pm

I wanna see Kiss Save Christmas!
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:22 pm

i never seen bart trying to plot against nelson,homer just doesn't go to work,doesn't try and skive and lisa...yeah i seen alota school projects

you dont watch simpsons enough to comment like that murton,all those are wrong

no matter how many I see i love them all,i raely watch them now,ther on when im not around,so i see em when i can in fact*turns on T.V its on now*

i bid thee fairwell

its all opinion,i see most simpsons epidsodes more than once,hell 4 times for some,loads of times for the rest,and i love it,its not a silly fanboy thing like most do with anime,its pure love of the wicked humour

family guy is cool,but it has nothing on king of the hill