The Batman (new animated series)

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:09 pm

it heired today on the WB. encore show on friday

I'm debating on wether or not two of the characters are actually tolken characters.

Its really hard to tell right now. The show is brand new and the characters really havent done anything to prove themselves token characters yet.

If they are token characters made for that purpose, then sure its a bad thing...but its not going to really harm the show any. (atleast from the bit ive seen)

one thing I'd consider more offensive is a show like "mucha lucha" I'm pretty sure its created by the right kind of people, but the characters dont really act naturally latino. It always seems forced. if its possible to have a whole cast of tolken characters then thats the show.

but back to batman.
The joker isnt voiced by the old Ex-Jedi. but I consider that a good thing.

The joker is a little different this time around, and as such requires a new kind of voice. Its kinda hard to explain, he's got the proper essence. so he difinatly feels like the character should. but he's not really like the The Animated Series joker.

Both good Jokers.
I think the core difference between the two is that this new one is more of a Fighter. (I thought that was pretty badass that he could keep up with batman a fair bit)

As for the show itself, I thought it was a pretty good show. It didnt really reintroduce batman...(but does he really need an introduction?) but it did introduce us to the new joker and possible the new flavor most of the villians will carry.

Another thing I absolutly loved about the show...

The Joker....Clown Ballon thru downtown gothem....filled with gas.
sounds like a nod at Tim Burtons Batman movie to me.

The Joker is my New old favorite villian....again.
he seems to be reincarnated into somthing new everytime, and with the law of Television...it SHOULD be a bad thing. but its not. I can honestly say I've never been dissapointed with any version of him.

The animation seems a little odd at first. but I think thats mostly cuzz most people are quite used to the Bruce Timm style of art when it comes to animated batman. you quickly get used to the new style. my only problem with it that Wayne looks a little like Jackie Chan (from the Chan cartoons) in some shots.

The only element thats really missing from the show is the Comissioner and the way his presence seems to define the police force and gothom itself.

but as the show makes note of...its only year 3 and batman has only just now met the joker...so its a very early stage in his carrer. (alfred's hair is still black)
Last edited by kaos on Sat Sep 11, 2004 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.