Age of Apocalypse

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Aug 24, 2004 11:22 pm

Did anybody besides me like that little contraversial saga from about 10 years ago?

here is a bit of a read on it if you dont remember it. tho it is a little bit biased.

I remember a lot of people just totally hated it becuase it changed a lot of the characters and their alignments. I guess i could see that.

but then you have crap like X-Men Evolution that does the same thing only without a valid excuse. and people sem to love it!?

Sabertooth kicked ass in the AOA X-men.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:22 am

i still have those comics...well most of them, still in covers all snugly put away for safe keeping...even got one of the collector's editions where 4 of the comics are all in one book. i still say gambit was well-done in that era too, then again i am biased.
Last edited by WildCard on Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:49 am

I used to collect. but then they all sorta started deteriorating due to my no longer caring. If i've got any left now theyre in poor condition.

I wish I didnt let that happen.

I could be reading AOA right now instead of reading about it.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:39 pm

i tried not to think to controversial in kaos thread...again(sorry dude)...but i dont like it when they makes series...like X-men...then they stick like ana alpha on it and give em new powers....thena turbo onto that...with even shitter powers...then you hear nothing for a while......then its bk to the normal series again

tho like pokemon...i supose its ok when they plan to continue it....and make it stick...instead of it being a spevial for awhile...

iunno if that made sense but...its on the same lines right?...if not ill shut up
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:24 pm

personally i thought that twist they took it on was rather cool. characters like havoc were somewhat darker. even the beast got twisted in the aoa timeline and managed to escape it aswell if i recall correctly. i say that was a rather good series to do for the comics cause it took most the characters and showed them in a different light as to what they could have become and it shows that they aren't completely evil or bad or completely good, etc.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:34 pm

From what I heard AOA was supposed to be a permanent thing.

only people bitched about it so much they had to write everything back to normal and basicly undo everything just to keep readers satisfied.

cant confirm thats how it went down. but its very likely.

I personally think they should have given us a choice in the matter and kept both versions in print.

I think in the 90's cartoon they even used the idea for a few episodes. dont think it lasted more than 2 before the put it back. it was a short clip, but it effected lots of things and even Iron-man was an X-man in one of the scenes.

As for the changes in powers and alignments and "turbo" stuff. I'm pretty sure its all reasonable, considering they went back in time and killed one of, if not the most important men in the X universe.

besides its not like they just changed things for the hell of it. its a common theory that if you change somthing in the past you can really really fuck up the future.

theirs a book were a man goes back in time on a tour....
fuck it read it yourself

In short a guy gets into the shit becuase he killed a butterfly.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:40 am

well
those butterflys are vengful bastards...and yeah tis cool if they stick to it....but if folk bitch....they get what they want it seems....whining bastards...i mean..i complain....but i dont try to change anything
Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:51 am

I loved AoA. I still have Generation Next #1 and X-Men Omega.

Kicks ass that Bishop got a lot of screen time, though. Definitely my favorite X-Man.

Everyone should read District X.