Doom

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:26 pm

They wanna make a doom movie (again)
this time it looks like it might actually happen tho.

I thought it has potential.....

But then I read that theyre are shooting for a pg-13 rating and they want the Rock to play the lead character.

I was hoping for somthing like Private ryan/black hawk down/platoon/hamburger hill/full metal jacket.....meets aliens/predator.

guess thats not gonna happen eh?
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:53 pm

what the hell is this world coming to!!!

what the hell!! pg-13
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:57 pm

not a big fan of doom, but i mean, thats like trying to make AvP a pg man, not ment to happen
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Aug 22, 2004 2:02 am

Imagines hero trying to reason with the monsters.
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:22 pm

*imagines hero making freinds with the monsters*
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Sun Aug 22, 2004 8:07 pm

hero being cutsie wutsie with the monsters and getting hero's bunny involved?
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 23, 2004 3:55 am

ok......let me get my head round this.......DOOM....the ultimate FPS.....and.....the rock?

that would be like baking a lovely cake......Strawberry cake!, then taking a crap on it

PG-13....they ruined PG when they did that.....WTF is wrong with making the thing an 18,18...seems suitable for a film about going to mars and being attacked by blood thirsty demons from another dimention

its like Resident evil i suppose too....they are going to take the basic doom concept of these monsters and fuck it up completly by making them weak against a rock bottom or a peoples elbow.....just like they took the zombie and virus concept of resi....then just delivered an hour and a hlaf of confusing shit...that had nothing to do witht he game...wait...it hada mansion right?....well who cares...this film will be a major bummer if they let the rock star it...in fact...if they dont follow the game line fully ill be pissed off...damn you kaos....you bring bad news!!
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:18 am

In the case of Resident Evil...
which btw i thought was pretty good.
If they had made it follow the game it would have been pretty shitty, and thanks to bitching similar to yours, Resident Evil 2 is now littered with game characters.

I'm reminded of Mortal Kombat.
Mortal Kombat 1 was fairly good.
Mortal kombat 2 was a fucking cameo fest on a worse level than that gawd awful street fighter crap.

Besides, I dont understand why anybody would want to play a game then whatch a movie with no original plot or characters.

just whatch the friggen cutscenes if you want that.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:35 am

kaos wrote:In the case of Resident Evil...
which btw i thought was pretty good.
If they had made it follow the game it would have been pretty shitty, and thanks to bitching similar to yours, Resident Evil 2 is now littered with game characters.

I'm reminded of Mortal Kombat.
Mortal Kombat 1 was fairly good.
Mortal kombat 2 was a fucking cameo fest on a worse level than that gawd awful street fighter crap.

Besides, I dont understand why anybody would want to play a game then whatch a movie with no original plot or characters.

just whatch the friggen cutscenes if you want that.
Resident Evil wasn't....iunno creepy enough for me....i would have more rather seen a similar game plot..in fact...i did want a full game plot...then i would have been resident evil..not the shit that was made....but it still was great...

as for mortal kombat....Midway spent alota time writing the story for the game...and MK1 followed it perfectly...MK2 was a piss take...i mean they even changed raiden...

also...why would someone watcha film,then go and play the game?...that is the same as the film?.....same reason why they would want a film to be the same as a game

street fighter sucked
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:59 am

Shin wrote: also...why would someone watcha film,then go and play the game?...that is the same as the film?.....same reason why they would want a film to be the same as a game

Disagree.
People play film based games so they can control the starring characters.

they wouldnt go see a movie with a parallel storyline, just so they could give up that control to some crap actor out to make himself a star by taking a role he knows already has a large fanbase.

movies based on game need to be different, otherwise theirs no friggen point. if it were up to me to fund those kinda dilms i wouldnt fund anything with a parallel story becuase its a waste of money just so the fim deve team can prove that they can do what sombody else already did.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:22 am

kaos wrote:Disagree.
People play film based games so they can control the starring characters.

they wouldnt go see a movie with a parallel storyline, just so they could give up that control to some crap actor out to make himself a star by taking a role he knows already has a large fanbase.

movies based on game need to be different, otherwise theirs no friggen point. if it were up to me to fund those kinda dilms i wouldnt fund anything with a parallel story becuase its a waste of money just so the fim deve team can prove that they can do what sombody else already did.
put like that i agree....but....the only thing i would disagree on would be a FF film...and i mean one based on a game....but then again..i suppose it would be computer done....but i still wanna see a FF7 film...not AC....but an actual FF7 film

tho that is very opinionated...i obviously would go and see a film that is paraell to a game...im sure others would too.....only thing we can do....is either hope hollywood doesn't fuck iem up too much...or kill hollywood...on second thoughts...i hope holly wood doesn't fuck this film up

i assume that crap actor is the rock?.....*falls on floor laughing...neighbours bang on wall...laughs quietly*...how true

and u gotta agree...if FFX was to be film...it would be parallel...it couldn't be differnt?
Last edited by Matt on Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:30 am

I wasnt even thinking about the rock. he can actually be good if given the proper role.
the crap actor would be any actor who would take a role knowing that they can ride its success without even tyring hard enuff.

and FFX should not have even been a game.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:32 am

Errmm...like it shoulda beena film?...or not even have exsited?

i reckon any of the FF games could make a film....FF8 mainly....well...onmly cos i enver finished it....damn that fuking game..*cries*
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:37 am

FFX should suffer the wrath of a raged filled god and be cast into oblivion.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 23, 2004 5:42 am

TheSadKid wrote:I like fully customizeable in games such as Morrowind for the Xbox
Hmmmm...so you dont like it then?

i can honestly say i have liked every FF game i have played...that being 1,2,3,7,8,9,10,*shudders*10-2(within huge reason..that being rikku)