Recruiting Evangelion fans

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:21 am

I'm recruiting Evangelion fans/experts in regards to a joint fanfic I'd like to write. I'll explain the details in a little bit, but I'm more interested right now in finding out WHO would have the willpower to do a little bit of writing, most likely in the form of a short story of sorts.

Please let me know if you are interested and then I will speak about my idea for these mini-fics.
Vandire
Vagabond

Post by Vandire » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:29 am

you could always just do a bit of reaserch yourself, look into it to find what you need and put your ideas to work
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:50 am

I have. I need to find a website that has anime scripts, but the reason I'd like to recruit fans to help write is because I'm already writing two other fics and this third one might be too much for just me considering how many short stories I need to write.

Basically, I'm looking for somebody willing to do one or two short stories at the moment. If they are willing I'll clue them in. It would be a fun little project for everybody, not too time consuming if all the fans pitch in, and an interesting way of getting everybody involved in the forums.
Wulf
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Wulf » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:29 pm

id like to help but as a eva fan i really dont want the story to change.. or the world to expand if you know what i mean.. i can see some good sides to this though so...

let me think about it... :mellow:
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:30 pm

ever heard the expression 'to many cooks ruin the broth' I hate workign with others especailly where writting is concerned, I've only worked with one other person well.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:42 pm

I'm an expert on the series... but I'm to lazy to write

I'll be a beta reader though
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:09 pm

Well, since there is some interest now, I'd like to pass the idea by all of you. What I would LIKE to do is write a series of short mini fics dealing with the end of the world, or 3rd Impact IF the Eva's had somehow managed to fail in defeating all the Angels that attacked. So . . . 17 Angels, 17 short fics (well, Minus Adam, so 16 actually).

Here's an example. Shinji is brought in as a reserve pilot for Eva Unit 01, syncs and goes out there to fight the 2nd Angel, but never goes beserker and thus is destroyed. The Angel breaks into the Geofront, into Terminal Dogma, and returns to Lillith, thus creating 3rd Impact and extinguishing man kind as we know it.

This or something like that is what I'd like to do for each battle. You'd pretty much just be doing a novelisation of the parts leading up to the battles and the battles themselves, but everything after the alternate outcome of the battle would be up to you to write and finish.

I guess I'd call it "Eva: Armaggedon" or something like that. A collection of "what if" stories where the Evangelion were either destroyed or just too late (like in the one episode where the angel drops itself onto Tokyo 3).

Anybody still interested?
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:52 pm

I'd be to tempted to make shinji grow a pair of balls but it's way OOC
Last edited by Mik on Thu Aug 19, 2004 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sun Aug 22, 2004 6:07 pm

Ansatsusha wrote:Here's an example. Shinji is brought in as a reserve pilot for Eva Unit 01, syncs and goes out there to fight the 2nd Angel, but never goes beserker and thus is destroyed. The Angel breaks into the Geofront, into Terminal Dogma, and returns to Lillith, thus creating 3rd Impact and extinguishing man kind as we know it.

nothing happens when an angle merges with lillith though... so the world wouldn't have ended and the angles would have spent forver and a day looking for adam
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Wed Aug 25, 2004 3:58 am

Yeah, the angels would have spent a while looking for Adam, but they'd be gods amongst men, pretty much eliminating life wherever they went. It would always be fun to see that happen, right? Bloodshed, death . . . those are fun things . .. . . RIGHT??!!?
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:15 am

of course it is

but they wouldn't be short stories

and it would pretty much be the same till the angel of fishes

that's the first one that could have actually caused 3rd impact
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:15 pm

The one that was in the ocean destroying all those ships? Please expound on your theories and ideas. If you guys can't help writing it, I could use all the information you guys know about it that I might have other thoughts about.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Thu Aug 26, 2004 10:02 pm

the 6th angel, the angle of fishes... it was the first to come close to contact with adam

adam was on that huge carrier... till kaji flew off with it at least
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:14 am

Ah yes! You're right! That really clears things up, thanks!
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:29 am

i know I'm right

I studied that damn series when I first got into it

watched it through 14 times... not including recent times were I watch an episode or 2 out of desire