progressivly better...

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Thu Aug 19, 2004 11:20 pm

nah I liked the leader when he gets attack and all his guts are out and there all trying to patch him up and he says "They wont fit" I thought that was peach, just remember I havent seen the movie for a good while so my quote there can be a lil off
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:26 am

kaos wrote:god damn dude. if you got a american problem why dont you grow some american balls and just come out with it american style?

either that or shut the fuck up about it. bite down on somthing hard, bend over and let it pound you into submission.

now out with it.. i hate seeing these little pussy stabs at it every other post.
dude.....chill

i appreciate that most films that come from the U.S are good...in fact most of the films i have ever seen come from the U.S....or were produced by...anyway u get the point....the title of the thread is progressivly better or getting worse...now having just read the above...you now know that most films that hit the U.K are from america...therefore pretty much the only films i see are american....thus i can only really dig at american films.....COS ALL I SEE IS AMERICAN FILMS...ok thats outta the way

im sicka saying...i dont hate america...i hate bush...and the governemt that controls him...therefore in short...america...

mik about the star trek thing...yeah..they suck balls....but still....it is a little boring

Most of A day after tomorrow was set in america dumbass....or were you in trainspoting at the time?...and thought u were watching a day after tomorrow

im not having ago at american films....im just saying...there a little corny some of em...like the day after tomorrow...the frost creeping down the halls...them just in the nick of time escaping the frost...when ultimatly it would have come threw the wooden door and frozen there asses,thats like setting urself on fire when wearing cloths to see if you still burn

i join the "Kick Huge grant Square in the nuts" line

Has everybody forgotten a fish called wanda?...that was british right?

and 28 days later owned!

i dont like the films where drama is created for the sake of drama...unless its a comedy...like a day after tomorrow...wow that film sucked balls..

and the teen shit is getting past it now...i dont care...american pie was good,2 bored me but was still funny,the wedding never got my audience..because of the boredom factor....Road trip was good...it was on a different line...most new teen films seem to be rip offs....boat trip.....completly differnt...but u know the writter had just seen road trip and thought..."hmmm,what can i do with that"

and ill finish by saying....nearly every film and t.v programe i love is american....so why would i just plain hate it...thats just stupid man...just..just...stupid...dont jump to conclusions
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:56 am

4 years later....

Dammit, I wish somebody would have the nuts to make a fucking silent film already!
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:01 pm

I asked Ed about this and he makes an interesting point. You watch something new and you like it, watch it a second time round like 5 years later and you think to yourself: "That was shit, why the hell did I enjoy that when I first watched it." It's exactly what I thought about King Kong and Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:54 pm

I'm guess faster than you guys, usually takes me less than 5 days nevermind, 5 years.

I watched jumper a while back, I liked it. By the time I'd walked to the car and started our usual and traditional 2 hour long post-movie carpark chat, I was like .. wait, that totally blew.

It's been happening alot lately, Transformers was the last big one that I can remember, I mean I was like yay! that was awesome the next day I was like .. it coulda been waaay better.

Sure, I admit I'm an armchair/ desktop critic but fuck you it's my right as an american! ooh I'm not american eh ? well.... good point.

Anyway, the budgets seeem to go up and up, like I really liked Ironman but where the hell was the 150million ? clearly alot of after production cgi but .. come on!
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:13 pm

You just can't make ya mind up.
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:31 pm

Advent Children springs to mind. Not that it was shit... but... yeah.
Squirrel
Vagabond

Post by Squirrel » Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:54 pm

God, I hated Advent Children first time round. It was so dull.
Bogey
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Bogey » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:04 pm

I don't think film quality has changed a lot to be honest, you get the occasional great film, the mostly average films, and the shit films. Same as always. The way films are made has changed a lot though, but that is only due to an audience with a decreasing attention span which the film makers are reflecting.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:18 pm

yeah I don't think Iron Man should have cost as much as it did.

firstly the 3d used was mostly on inorganic objects, which is lots easier to do than what most movies require.
second mapping and texturing would have been equally easier.

then again...
they did have to have one hell of a monster rig tho to control all those badass "muscle flexes" that was such a badass scene. I know people that were probably dying of 3d geek joy in the theater when they showed that part.
I was.

and I guess they did have to do multiple armors as well.
however 2 of those armors were fairly identical.

oh!

I.L.M.

that explains everything.
theyre industry beasts.
if they wanted to they could shame Pixar and Dreamworks.

but apparently theyre not into those kinda films.