AvP

Ah, the idiot box, our childhood companion/minder let us speak of your marvellous ways and bask in your shiny technicolour.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:48 pm

Aliens vs. Predator… to be perfectly honest, I went to this movie expecting purely eye candy. I got that and more. The characters didn’t have a whole lot of development… but then again… do you develop the character of a cow to the slaughter. Everything moved fast paced. And before you knew what exactly was happening most the humans were dead. They kinda pussified the first 2 predators to make the 3rd seem fucking awesome. I didn’t compare this much to the comics, because I didn’t expect them to follow the comics at ALL, considering how unknown the comics are to most people in the world. I was surprised that they included as much as they did. These are the things that were comic related that they did not include. Predator metal is not affected by alien blood. Predator’s blood is an extreme base that almost neutralizes the alien’s acidity. These are the things comic related that they DID include. The predators blood themselves after killing a “hard-meat” though I think to be blooded you have to kill a queen in the comics. The predators acknowledge another race as a hunter if they kill a hard-meat, and will blood that hunter.

Over all, it was predictable in places, the humans died fast, and it was a pretty good damn movie.

About my only problem with the visual effects is that the main predator had a bit of a chin that I couldn’t get past, his mouth seemed to high on his face because of it. But I chalk that up individuality and that it isn’t how they are making them look now. And I loved the last predator… he wore a cloak… and he looked awesome.

oh, and lastly... you don't say "you're one ugly motha fucker" to an alien... that was just WRONG... I felt dirty after that.
Matt
Noble Warrior

Post by Matt » Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:37 pm

Thanks will....im gonna cry everyday till october
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:14 am

i intend on seeing this over the weekend sometime will....hopefully it's worth it?
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:10 am

I've been waiting 8 or 9 years for this movie. Yes i read the comics. ^^' Could be even longer. As for the Main pred your talking about, it could be an Elder Pred.(i haven't seen the movie yet...but i know he's in there)

I knew the humans where going to get destroyed, scifi.com had interviews with some of the actors/actress's and they mentioned there deaths and stuff. fuckers.

I'm hoping to be able to see this movie whiles it's still in theaters. Looks awsome.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:29 am

Darkside wrote:As for the Main pred your talking about, it could be an Elder Pred.(
actually no... he's there to be blooded
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:50 am

Masteroftheweb wrote:actually no... he's there to be blooded
Like i said. i haven't seen the movie yet. So i couldn't be sure what pred you where talking about. Hopefully i'll see it soon. be able to see what your talking about. hehe
Massacre
Solider

Post by Massacre » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:23 pm

...ive heard from many that it sucks
Maverick512000
Civillian

Post by Maverick512000 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:13 pm

Paradigm wrote:...ive heard from many that it sucks
And those people should be shot
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Sat Aug 14, 2004 10:48 pm

Maverick512000 wrote:And those people should be shot

lets not forget stabbed
Maverick512000
Civillian

Post by Maverick512000 » Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:00 pm

WildCard wrote:lets not forget stabbed
Damn straight
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:23 am

AVP FUCKING ROCKS!!! that is the best damn movie i've seen in years. i'm astounded to say the least. yes will, that predator with the cloak was awesome....anybody who has yet to see this...i suggest you do. i practically drooled at seeing some of the weapons the predators used this time around.
Darkside
Enforcer

Post by Darkside » Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:50 am

WildCard wrote:AVP FUCKING ROCKS!!! that is the best damn movie i've seen in years. i'm astounded to say the least. yes will, that predator with the cloak was awesome....anybody who has yet to see this...i suggest you do. i practically drooled at seeing some of the weapons the predators used this time around.
I've been drooling for 9 years now...where've you been? lol i flooded the house when i heard it was being made. j/k o.O;; Damn...i must see this movie now!! Breaking into the movie thearters when it's closed...>)
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:23 am

just getting back from it.

it was good, and like Will says it was fast.

but i think im gonna actually count the fast part as a fualt. I wanted more.
but they did leave themselvs an option at the end so, if sombody picks it up i'll be satisfied.

i havent read the comics at all. (just seen some covers)
can sombody tell me how this leads to AvPvMarines? or are the games set up that way just a pure fantasy thing.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:11 am

I've read 2 of the 3 aliens vs predator books that I know exist, and with the 2 I've read, it's always aliens vs predators vs humans

the marines bit comes from the damn company...

they breed the aliens as potential weapons, and they experiment with captured queens and shit, like the preds... but for other purposes. these experiments usualy lead to marines vs aliens... but the thing is... every once in a while, a predator gets caught up in it for some reason or another

like the AvP FPS, the predator is there to free his captured comrade... whom that company experimetns on... and eventually you fight a predator-alien hybrid... let me just say... that's a fucking bitch to kill... I imagine the only things about as hard to kill for the marines (easy pickings for the pred) is the Xenobots... which is aliens meet borg... they get cybornized.

and that's how you get an aliens vs marines vs predators
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:37 am

Just as I thought, us being stupid.

HDA syndrome.

human dumb ass
Last edited by kaos on Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.